The Death Of Ragnarok

Started by blast, Apr 16, 2014, 08:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blast

Hey here all.

I have been wondering lately, I just started off 3 months ago with RO again and for the past week haven been successfully running my server. Although I ponder, Is ragnarok online dead. I mean come on , do you see players lurking the forums or enjoying, tbh I went over the voting sites and say the "ins" and "outs" and it is heart breaking. I remember a point some years back when even RMS was flooded with people but slowly it is fading away. Have games like LoL and Dota killed the all time Asian game? Or is it the inevitable truth that it was supposed to be RO's demise in the end. Any chance of revival?

Gardosen

Ragnarok is an immortal Game.
its now 12Years old and still tousands of people are playing it.

i remember the time when Tabula Rasa and Warhammer Online got released, and people flamed the chats with "Ragnarok is Dead! Honor to Warhommer Online!" "Ragnarok will die! Tabula Rasa gets released!!".

Where are these games now?
Warhammer got killed after a year or two of active servers? and Tabula Rasa was such bad that they killed it within 4months if i remember correctly.
Ragnarok still lives, its not 12Years old and still people love to play it.
Many Servers out there modifying the client and server to give people new opportunities.

like us: rcx effect overlay client internal, custom effects combined custom @commands (Client Internal Effect Overlay Custom Watchitem Effect

The Game will die sooner or later, but atm its getting better and better. i give the game another 15years before the last server will dissapear ^^

Meta

I remember a drop party on RF ages ago. The guy was off to play a newly launched MMORPG. He thought it would kill RO off, so he didn't see a need for all his stuff. I got +6 green boots and some random hats. That was in 2004, and the game was World of Warcraft. RO is still here.

shadylookin

I think this game will not shut off more like 10 years I guess? First and foremost, there are STILL a lot of players playing this game. It such that the MAJORITY of players, including me, only find non-stop pvp/woe action. These players don't have the essence of hunting equips or doing job quests because they want to have instant action(pvp and woe). That's why many servers today has low population and most of them close because of this reason. This is, I think, one of the major reasons why some people think that RO is a dead game. There are still many professional guilds that I know still play RO, while some of them become inactive because of the lack of cooperation of guildmates.

blast

I am not talking about the concentrated 2 servers which hold 70% of the current RO population.
Come to think of it, 5 years ago the game was flooded with people and now it's not.
No one answered my RMS reference.

Judgement

RMS has been quiet but then again I dont remember it being that active.  Maybe the reason it feels dead is because the majority of the people began to quit after dealing with the s*** 3 month life span servers?  Pinoy/BR servers side of RO seems to be doing fine with some pinoy servers reaching 2k+ (bots maybe but Woe scene was still VERY active) and BR servers at 500~, and I remember seeing a russian server with 300~ players.   Can't say 100% that there are many servers like those in those regions but still likely.
Super Smash Brothers 64!

Vega

Hello,

I come from European official server and the main reasons i don't play RO anymore are the renewal and the cash shop.  I thought i could play on a private server without those features but, if it's easy to find a pre-renewal server with a good amount of players, there is none of them without a cash shop, a donation system, custom items, rcx etc . In a nutshell, both officials and privates are pay2win servers. Lot of people left the game for those reasons. RO's spirit is dead for me.

Sorry for my english.

Zer

Vega;

I understand how you feel, but private server needs a donation to maintain their server, but most of the admin put some powerful stuff there and that's destroy the ro spirit but there's always one server who use cash-shop only for usable items not equips.

Zedd

RO Isnt dead and I dont see it being dead for the next 5-10 years. Im part of one ot the Top RO server in RMS and i can tell how our server grows day by day. We peak at 1500 during WOE, only difference is that our server has been running since 2009, i find it not justifiable to speak that RO is dead when the fact that your server is just running for a certain number of months. Players now are wise on what server to play so to speak, not a matter of Ro being dead.

mikro3232

RO is not dead i tell you why, in RMS the community might be death and server left private server more and more these day,

for example 4-5 days ago Thai server(official free to play) just release a new classic server call BAHAMUT

2 days online = 700,000 players registered
http://www.ro-bahamut.com/main

This Official pay to play server got more 10 millions players register ID and been online since 2002 2003 . When you login there are 12 servers to choose and each of them have from 3k population to 30k population in 1 server!!!!
http://ragnarok.playpark.com/index.html

so i don't think ragnarok is dieing soon, private server maybe but official will still be alive for long time, in every internet cafe shop there are Ragnarok installed in every PC in Asia.

Kenhikyo

All i will be saying is for above^^ official servers have been dying all those said accounts you are talking about are all bot's check into a update of what official server is doing and what its not lol, there is a reason i left official server was fact of 10 bots to every 1 player

kutchero

DEAD!?  /omg

HAHAHAHHAHHAAH try this two new Classic Servers   /heh

and tell me if RAGNAROK IS GONNA DIE  /gg

Ragnarok Ain't dead

--url removed--

--url removed--

Old Skool RAGNA IS STILL THE BEST RAGNAROK  /no1

PS:Triper was here.

cauyao615

its not yet dead but i think what made it look dead is that the rich country players are playing more high end computer and console games
while poor ones like pinoy players are stuck with dated games like RO...not everyone here has his own computer and just rely on computer shops to play and those computers are not built for high end games...and right here you will feel out of place when you dont play what common people play so even those rich pinoy still plays RO...dont you guys notice?...every successful private servers nowadays rely on pinoy population to be successful they may not be the best donators but they are really enthusiastic and addicted to RO

so if you ask me RO should have been dead a long time ago but its the pinoys(asians) what is keeping RO(private) alive

Blinzer

the reason RO is dead is because there has been no real updates or modifications to the game itself

every server admin is a money hungry b**** that has no clue how to make a game, so it only follows that they're just going to steal the base code and do absolutely nothing with it(or pretend to do something but really nothing innovative), add some rigged donations to milk money from fools and that's it

pair that up with the idea that people are lazy bastards that are unwilling to experiment with things(which i do not consider true but from a business stand point is the first thing to be afraid of) and you get the same old s*** on every server with the same crappy broken classes and gameplay

every good RO player abandoned RO years ago(5 or 6 years ago to be precise) because it's always the same old s*** over and over and over again, and the game overall is unbalanced and unfair for a lot of classes, with little variety in builds

BUT FEAR NOT RAGNAROK COMMUNITY

i, the legendary loser, will be the savior of ragnarok online

coming soon

Triper

IMO, if there was more people investing into custom dungeons, mobs, quests, systems and stuff, RO would be easy the best MMO around but, because of that not happening and some people hating customs due to the idea that most of them screw the game and it's better to evade them than to try, they just want the same old boring game always and we're left with this.

Look at what ea/ra mod made with BG, it's probably one of the best insta-pvp packed mode around that pretty much everybody loves, even the non-pvp lovers. It has PVM, PVP, WoE, everything that any one would want and even helps with economy and WoE of servers when well implemented.

Look at what is at kRO nowadays in the story aspect, it's amazing what the game has been changed into even if I hate the Renewal system because it transformed the game into a more slowed paced compared to the "WTF Just Happened?!" mode that we had before. Maybe I'm saying this because I'm a number lover but RO is different nowadays from what it was in the past.

RO will be around as much as players want even if, with time, the game will start to loose even more players due to the evolution of games and most of the players wanting graphics > gameplay.