Standing inside the emp

Started by bleu, Apr 24, 2009, 09:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bleu

1. How do u stand inside the emp?

2. What tactical advantage are there if any - Defending or Assault Team?

3. Is the tactical advantage significantly large or just small.

blackgh05t

1. Stand on one side of the emperium, click on the other side of the emperium so you walk through it.  While you are walking through it, use something that stops your character's movement like hiding.

2. Defending - Ecall and body block on emp.  Make it difficult for enemies to hit the emperium. / Attacking - Steal SW cells on the emperium to make easy recalls or break.  Also makes it hard for enemies to hit you, sometimes forcing them into using AoE skills which usually aren't as effective.

3. Depends how you use it.
eos
Est. 2008

Descent

Depends on the Server's respective WoE Rules as well. Most servers I've played will punish players who deliberately attempt to stand on the Emp.

LiteX

1)Use a self-targeted skill (Mainly first-aid, all characters have it) while walking in it

2)Mainly for attackers, defenders cannot really attack you while hiding in the emp

3)Tactical Advantage is pretty good for this trick, even though, like Descent mentioned it, you can get banned for doing it

This trick works best for baby characters
ライテ‐エクス

fluidin

1) What they said.

2) Both can get advantages from doing it.

3) VERY. Large.

Lol@servers making it a punishable offence. It has been one of the most used defensive tactics in officials since I wonder when.

If your precast is overrun, EC, pack emp, hold it for 5 minutes, EC, rinse and repeat. Almost impossible for a guild of similar strength to break your emp without extra help. Does require some guild discipline.

HINT: Make it more effective by asking your creos to bio-cannibalize spam Parasites around/on the emperium.
Quote from: Jeon on Jun 04, 2009, 12:02 PM
XileRo is the only HR I know that has a reasonable PvP system. I did watch the RWC like you said, all I see is people spamming the room like every other gang fight there is in RO.

LiteX

Quote from: fluidin on Apr 25, 2009, 10:48 PM
1) What they said.

3) VERY. Large.

Lol@servers making it a punishable offence. It has been one of the most used defensive tactics in officials since I wonder when.

If your precast is overrun, EC, pack emp, hold it for 5 minutes, EC, rinse and repeat. Almost impossible for a guild of similar strength to break your emp without extra help. Does require some guild discipline.

HINT: Make it more effective by asking your creos to bio-cannibalize spam Parasites around/on the emperium.

Aren't Mandragoras better? You can put 5 of them, and qRO used to make it a punishable offence.
ライテ‐エクス

fluidin

Parasites are bigger. And they help to hitlock SinXs running in /gg. Detects cloaking players too.
XileRo is the only HR I know that has a reasonable PvP system. I did watch the RWC like you said, all I see is people spamming the room like every other gang fight there is in RO.

LiteX

Quote from: fluidin on Apr 26, 2009, 01:12 AM
Parasites are bigger. And they help to hitlock SinXs running in /gg. Detects cloaking players too.

Sure, but plants only work if there are 4 of them on the 2x2 Emp (IIRC you can summon 2 dryads which are bigger, get 2 creators and fill the emp with dryads)
ライテ‐エクス

bleu

1) What they said.

3) VERY. Large.

1. It seems very easy to misclick and end up standing inside the emp- intentionally or unintentionally.

2. Strange. I never heard of this tactic before (was never really into the emp breaking scene), especially not on iRO. Maybe coz its not allowed on iRO and nobody talks about them. But every single WOE on iRO, many people are accused of maya purple hack and sight hack (the one which allows u to see beyond 14 cells and portal cast, i think that's what u called them). I always wonder how many of these accusations are True? Everytime some beats you, u scream HAX HAX... it's never fail to amuse me.

3. Different servers have different rules. Some servers allows them and consider them "tactics". While others know them to be Bannable Offense.

4. Don't understand the part about Bio Cannibalize. U mean, u can Bio-Cannibalize on the emp too? Could u elaborate more on that plz.

5. I believe the attacking Emp Breaker will stand to gain more with this tactic; unless of course, u have 4 Defending Palladins on the emp (one on each cell). Don't think anyone could attack the emp in that extreme case.

LiteX

Quote from: bleu on Apr 26, 2009, 02:08 AM
1) What they said.

3) VERY. Large.

1. It seems very easy to misclick and end up standing inside the emp- intentionally or unintentionally.

2. Strange. I never heard of this tactic before (was never really into the emp breaking scene), especially not on iRO. Maybe coz its not allowed on iRO and nobody talks about them. But every single WOE on iRO, many people are accused of maya purple hack and sight hack (the one which allows u to see beyond 14 cells and portal cast, i think that's what u called them). I always wonder how many of these accusations are True? Everytime some beats you, u scream HAX HAX... it's never fail to amuse me.

3. Different servers have different rules. Some servers allows them and consider them "tactics". While others know them to be Bannable Offense.

4. Don't understand the part about Bio Cannibalize. U mean, u can Bio-Cannibalize on the emp too? Could u elaborate more on that plz.

5. I believe the attacking Emp Breaker will stand to gain more with this tactic; unless of course, u have 4 Defending Palladins on the emp (one on each cell). Don't think anyone could attack the emp in that extreme case.

Bio Cannibalize on the emp is actually making the plant sprites cover up the emp's model
ライテ‐エクス

fluidin

bleu, if you play on a decently sized guild in iRO, just imagine your guild leader ECs while he is standing on the emp.

Poof. There'll be more than 40 players covering the emp, more than what 4 Paladins can hope to achieve. Furthermore, that 40 players might contain more than 4 Paladins anyway.

It's not an extreme case, lol.

EDIT: iRO right? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmyCF0GK2YE&feature=related

Look at 2.23 and onwards. Classic example of emp-packing. He even says "I can't even find the freaking emp". And you tell me it's disallowed in your server?

LiteX

Quote from: fluidin on Apr 26, 2009, 03:45 AM
bleu, if you play on a decently sized guild in iRO, just imagine your guild leader ECs while he is standing on the emp.

Poof. There'll be more than 40 players covering the emp, more than what 4 Paladins can hope to achieve. Furthermore, that 40 players might contain more than 4 Paladins anyway.

It's not an extreme case, lol.

EDIT: iRO right? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmyCF0GK2YE&feature=related

Look at 2.23 and onwards. Classic example of emp-packing. He even says "I can't even find the freaking emp". And you tell me it's disallowed in your server?

It was disallowed in qRO, but qRO had a lot of mentally retarded rules (Jail for chat and stores on the street, GMs broadcasting a bug that enabled Taekwons to pk outside of pvp than saying it was disallowed which many people started doing it)
ライテ‐エクス