sinx gear switching

Started by a dreamer, Jan 10, 2011, 05:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

a dreamer

hi guys, i've heard switching gear is important for sinx in pvp, but here's a question: if i switch to katar (i usually use bloody roar or bg katar) right be4 sb, how can i use elemental converter fast as well? most ppl wear raydric and some even have gr, neutral doesnt work well on them.

Relics

wear khatar, convert to element, cloak, sb someone and tag to fb/cran/ck whatever.

if you're planning to do subsequent sonic blows, you might want to get the elemental khatars[3], like raging blaze etc.

Jolrael

switching gear is very essential in a PVPer sinX or any other job/class...

for a SinX, your main weapon(infil[1]/bloody roar/BG katar) is the last weapon you will wear or should i say 1 hit kill to inflict the full damage of your Sonic Blow...

your first weapon that you will use to inflict your Sonic Blow is your elemental katar [3] (fire/wind/earth) depending on the target... "Depending on the target" meaning there are targets that can be killed with one hit...

i'm a SinX myself and you have practice your switching when i say switch... switching to the max!

here are example a switch:

always remember that you ALWAYS wear your CK/Cranial or any damage reducing equips. when your gonna Sonic Blow a target switch to your elem katar [3] when your near the target then switch to your status ailment dagger(frost/sleep/etc.) then switch to your CK/Cranial. if inflicted a status ailmen(ex: frost) switch to your main weapon(infil [1]/Bloody Roar/BG katar) use lightning converter... you dealt the full potential of your Sonic Blow.

switching is very difficult for beginners but when you get the hang of it you'll be owning the PVP... hahahaha...

fluidin

eh. i wouldn't recommend ele katars, but that's just me. chances are if you can't kill someone with 1 ele s.infi sb in woe, you can't do it with sb chains.

pvp... yeah u can, but likely not woe.

to answer your question.. wait. relics did that already
Quote from: Jeon on Jun 04, 2009, 12:02 PM
XileRo is the only HR I know that has a reasonable PvP system. I did watch the RWC like you said, all I see is people spamming the room like every other gang fight there is in RO.

a dreamer

if u cant 1 shot the target with elemental katar, switch to status dagger? i thought it should be status katar  ;D

Relics

status dagger, throw knife? or just poke and backslide..

why would you lock yourself in place near somebody with sonic blow trying to status someone, while throwing knives or poking is way faster, safer, ranged and allows you to move (unlike grimtooth for example)

a dreamer

oh yes, i got it, i'll try on some quad status dagger. thx for the help  8)

Jolrael

Quote from: a dreamer on Jan 11, 2011, 08:46 AM
if u cant 1 shot the target with elemental katar, switch to status dagger? i thought it should be status katar  ;D

Status katar can be used also but I wouldn't recommend it... Why did i say so?!

-Yes, you can inflict status ailment with Throw Knife when your wearing your status Katar BUT your not wearing your Cranial... get the picture?

-Why use [4] slots if your can use [4]+[4]=[8] slots? For example, if your Throwing Knife on a target wearing your Dagger [3SK:Phreeoni] + Cranial and you notice that you are missing because your target has a very high flee... Why not wear a Dagger [4SK] + Dagger [4Phreeoni]? <--- exageration? ;D I don't think you'll miss on a 99 agi base stat target.

-Status Dagger because your inflicting the damage of your Katar + inflicting ailment your dagger. For example, SB'ing a target using +10 Infil then switching to Dagger [4SK]... Your Inflicting the damage of your Infil then frosting it, there is a very high chances that the target will not survive your 2nd SB. Not like SB'ing with your +10 S.Jur [4SK], you inflicted the status ailment but there is a 50-50 chance that your target will survive your 2nd SB.