RWC 2013 Champsionship

Started by Bue, Nov 24, 2013, 04:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bue

RWC 2013 Champions is Thailand!

Completely stomp the Japanese team on their home turf after watching the Japanese teams wiped out the international teams and even losing the show match earlier to the same team.

Fruit Pie~

I feel Japan didn't macro very well in the finals, I mean, if they could get two more Suras and maybe a Geneticist on the field that would've turned around so fast. But their Novice count was dwindling (50 on three castles, WTF) because Thai's RK harass is SO great, so at least there's a reason. Good games.

RoseTea

Quote from: Fruit Pie~ on Nov 24, 2013, 08:42 AM
I feel Japan didn't macro very well in the finals, I mean, if they could get two more Suras and maybe a Geneticist on the field that would've turned around so fast. But their Novice count was dwindling (50 on three castles, WTF) because Thai's RK harass is SO great, so at least there's a reason. Good games.

Frankly, WTF?  It's like you don't even know RWC is played like.

Surprisingly, the draft really strongly favored Japan going out in the running.  A key ban on Arch Bishop forced Thailand into a Wanderer support which is really not in their comfort zone and frankly set the strategy for the rest of their draft way too early into it.

Then the laning actually started.  It's obvious the Japanese made a mistake with the dual-lane set, I don't think there was a single person watching who didn't consider that a misplay.  Geneticist / Warlock / Mechanic just works so well as a trilane.  It's an understandable misplay: they were concerned about their Rune Knight on the hard lane, and Warlock's CC could prevent it from turning ugly.  What ended up happening is that both got zoned out by the Wanderer while not being able to set up a gank for Shadow Chaser.

Along with the poor laning stage, just that the Thai minstrel was playing utterly out of his mind and placing perfect Severe Rainstorms really sealed the deal and gave his Sura so much space to farm it might as well have been a PvM game.

Roda Frog of Sakray

....So no one is even going to comment on the fact that gravity was so broke that it couldn't even pay the airfare for everyone so it ended up all being Asian countries? No Ragnarok Asian Championships joke anyone?
Triper is really awesome! For real!

Fruit Pie~

I must've missed the part in the OP where any of that is mentioned.

But hey, better late than never : God, this SOUTH KOREAN MMO tournament held in JAPAN and won by THAILAND is so ASIAN! *laugh track*

Bue

Quote from: Fruit Pie~ on Nov 24, 2013, 08:42 AM

Yeah, I mean if only Japan were able to stabilize after the barrage of dragon breadths, then surely, under very unlikely circumstances, possibly if the entire Thailand team stop playing altogether, then that one lone remaining priest will be able to kill a stacked Thailand team. Also, don't forget the extremely low possibility that one of our hypothetical irl circumstances is true, which prevented the Japanese players from playing at 100% on their home turf. Surely, this is easily one of the best / great / amazing / awesome games I seen, ever in the history of RWC for about few days.

Quote from: RoseTea on Nov 24, 2013, 09:16 AM
Frankly, WTF?  It's like you don't even know RWC is played like.

Surprisingly, the draft really strongly favored Japan going out in the running.  A key ban on Arch Bishop forced Thailand into a Wanderer support which is really not in their comfort zone and frankly set the strategy for the rest of their draft way too early into it.

Then the laning actually started.  It's obvious the Japanese made a mistake with the dual-lane set, I don't think there was a single person watching who didn't consider that a misplay.  Geneticist / Warlock / Mechanic just works so well as a trilane.  It's an understandable misplay: they were concerned about their Rune Knight on the hard lane, and Warlock's CC could prevent it from turning ugly.  What ended up happening is that both got zoned out by the Wanderer while not being able to set up a gank for Shadow Chaser.

Along with the poor laning stage, just that the Thai minstrel was playing utterly out of his mind and placing perfect Severe Rainstorms really sealed the deal and gave his Sura so much space to farm it might as well have been a PvM game.

One can even say that the Japanese players were a bit shaky and would have completely wreck /destroy / dominate the Thailand team otherwise. But the Thailand team bring their A-game and their training definitely paid off in this stunning Asia versus Asia match up. Clearly its a match up of which Asia is the best Asia.

Also, dont forget about the fifty JAVs produce during RWC featuring all the cosplayers.

Kensei

Quote from: Bue on Nov 24, 2013, 08:50 PM
Also, dont forget about the fifty JAVs produce during RWC featuring all the cosplayer.

Pls PM links :>