There was a topic before about this game, and I replied to it.
This game, I played it when it launched, yea, I'm chinese and I understand and Im proud of this company....
BUT, its still different and ... yae, I stopped playing after 2 days....
1. Battery killer
2. Hard to communicate - its phone game...
3. Interface and game feel, isnt very ROish, the "freedom", rotation etc...
4. TOOOO many quests, wtf? which one should I do first? o,o Its like quest quest quest quest, where can I sit and AFK chit chat with ppl
5. ALL BOTs, 70% bots, bot system is inbuilt ingame.
ONLY good thing is:
New graphic - 3D graphic sort of.
But I still like pixel sprites
There has been many games trying to take LOYAL members from Ragnarok Online by saying "hey we are classic RO or mimic of it":
Such as... Ragnarok Online 2, Tree of Savior, Mobile RO 1, 2 , 3 , 4 and this new RO Mobile....
BUT, FAK those
I stay loyal to Ragnarok Online to the faking day of my death!
Here is to all REAL Ragnarok Online fans-
As a Ro veteran playing since 2003, I can somehow understand you.
But, I dont know, I've playing it on the emulator just for 2 days and I really enjoy it. I think that RO Mobile is a worthy successor to Ragnarok Online. here are my thoughts. Of course the original is still better, I think its also because of too much nostalgia, but these are also feelings that I can understand.
1. If you really want to play RO Mobile, play it on a emulator on a good PC. Playing games on mobiles sucks anyway. I couldnt even play that game for an hour on a phone because I hate starring on a phone for about a hour. I've managed to get it done on the NOX Emulator which took me really 2 hard days, it was really pain to get it right.
1. Better Graphics, The graphics and the original children like anime style was adopted and improved.
2. The core elements of the games were kept like cards, farming, the world, job quests, you know what I mean.
3. Ro Mobile is a very friendly to beginners, the mini map, the arrows, the hud, the interface, the loads of icons, conversations, cutscenes, help new beginners to learn the game fast and efficent. Despite the fact that I dont know chinese, I could follow the game, finish the Quests. The developers did a really nice nice job there. The original Ragnarok Online was the quite opposite of that. There was no real help. It was a very hard game, things were not explained, you had to find things out yourself, there was no questbook, no Monsterbook, no icons or arrows for quests, nothing was explained. Almost nothing was told. Only in the beginner grounds things were told, but from there up - never. I think this is the reason why original RO was so hard. Also, the names of monsters, their level and even their positions are listed in the map/mini map and so on. Even monster levels are mentioned.
4. There are a lots of new stuff that should be also introduced in the orignal Ro from beginning. For example, in Ro mobile it is possible to click on the world map and then your character will go there automatically ignoring borders. It has a beautiful questbook, a MVP book and I believe also a monster book if Im not sure. The monsters are shown in world map by their levels, in the mini map you can also see the monsters.
There is more to mention, but I havent seen much yet.
5. Ro Mobile is much easier. You can compare for example the jobquests of Swordsman in RO 1 to RO mobile. In RO Mobile you just need to fight some monsters and answer 3 questions (altough its chinese hahaha) In original Ro1 you would need to make a test, you would need to pass a dungeon or basement or whatever where you could fall of. Also, Ro Mobile has a ingame-bot system (yes, you read right).
You can select autoattack and go to the school and let the game open, your character will hunt down monsters, heal himself etc. But there is a time limit to how much EXP and Drop you can get. After you have reached a certain limit the rate of EXP and drop you can get is lowered by 90%. (But it takes 5 hours or more to do so.)
The gameplay (Ro mobile) itself is slower than the gameplay of original Ro, thats because its a mobile game and mobile games dont have a keyboard like PC players do. So, there is no keyboard spamming in RO Mobile. Skills are used by tapping or by the mouse. Thats makes the gameplay of RO Mobile slower than original Ro. Chatting is also very very hard. Thats why most people communicate via voice and theres even a voice system implemented. PVP will be also slower.
Cities and some dungeons are scaled down a little bit in terms of size to fit into mobile games. Its not that big of a difference, but it can be noticed on various locations such in prontere.
Some skills and mechanics have been changed to make it fit into mobile games, for example fire wall is automaticially casted next to the user.
So, the gameplay itself is slower, but its not that slow like in Final fantasy 11 for example (LOL!)
I would love to see porting RO Mobile for PC, then they just would need to change the mechanics and gameplay to make it feel like original RO.
My tips are:1. PLAY IT ON A EMULATOR!!!!!!!!
(I would maybe help anybody or make a guild for how to play on a emulator)
2. Read guids on reddit, on the net and watch others videos on youtube
3. Learn from others, get a old Ro buddy to play alongside you
4. Make use of the LEGAL ingame build autoattack aka bot system.
5. Learn f****** chinese. (No, its a joke. HAHAHA)
If anyone has a trouble with emulators - I can help maybe. Write it down.