Ragnarok re-start

Started by Orange, Jul 01, 2017, 01:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orange

New official progression server for ragnarok, anyone ganna check it out? Currently seems to be in closed beta

It will have new quality of life content(such as quest log, unsure if it'll be oldschool or new mechanics) but otherwise be starting on episode 1, updating monthly

https://www.facebook.com/RagnarokRESTART/

EDIT:

So I started playing. Currently ~60 knight ~40 merchant ~40 thief. I dislike that it's renewal mechanics, stuff like upgrading gear/getting def seems to kind of suck, and hopefully it gets fixed mobs that do magic attack hit for way too much - desert wolf fireballed me for 2k at lvl 50 where iirc you should be able to farm them at lvl 50. It's fun, lots of parties ~1400 people online but there's less vendors, maps to go on and most people are still low level so maps are packed.
:3

Bue

Yeah, I saw astra and oda show it off during the warp portal stream today.

Its meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh.

They also showed the new rockridge town where they replaced native americans with cactuses.  /heh

Blinzer

/heh

is that what they call progression nowadays

Orange

seems it's available to play currently, with ~1100 people online. My first server was a private server in ~04, might give it a go.

Would prefer a voting system(EQ2 progression server needed 66% of the population to vote for next xpac) or longer before updates,

undercover

i been playing iRO classic since November last year. I've seen teenagers run better servers than these guys. the GMs are incompetent lazy f***, server will be fun maybe for a few months, after that its gona go to s***,

btw its old style classic up to 2-1 classes, but using renewal style mechanics with classic style mob HP, all put together in a JIFFY, bound to be a s***-ton of bugs (currently GMs didn't even check for peco peco NPC, players are crying about it on forums) still nada..

iRO is s***, stay away, money drain $

Orange

Quote from: undercover on Jul 01, 2017, 06:55 PM
server will be fun maybe for a few months, after that its gona go to s***,

hey a month longer than average p server thats pretty good

undercover

after playing p servers since 2004 & iRO for almost a yr now I can say p servers have always been better than this piece of sh!*t trailer trash iRO

Erissa

I actually quit pservs to play this for the main reason that people actually seem to be very invested in partying with randoms, which is pretty much all I want from an MMO in the first place.

It'll probably be a downhill rolling boulder and they're obviously going to blow things up and make mistakes, but I'm going to squeeze every bit of non-rush based "yet another private server" experience out of it.

ggwp

Before 2-2 comes its Peco Wars. WoE is about which guild have more Knight. Bowling Bash hurts as hell while taking down 1 Knight takes a lot effort.

After 2-2 comes its the usual Loki's precast camping. Nothing new here , WoE guild will get bored and leaving server.

Erissa

Quote from: ggwp on Jul 05, 2017, 09:20 AM
Before 2-2 comes its Peco Wars. WoE is about which guild have more Knight. Bowling Bash hurts as hell while taking down 1 Knight takes a lot effort.

After 2-2 comes its the usual Loki's precast camping. Nothing new here , WoE guild will get bored and leaving server.
Is this an attempt of calling trans WoE good

ggwp

Quote from: Erissa on Jul 05, 2017, 03:34 PM
Is this an attempt of calling trans WoE good

I was sharing experience that I get from playing similar setting on other server.
thRO / RoEXE dont have trans yet , but it wont be far off with current WoE
Using renewal mechanic on classic content are desperate attempt to milk money  /...

Erissa

Welp, there goes the fun, server is now so unstable that sitting can take from a second to 13 seconds.
And sometimes you drop so many packets the server stops giving a s*** and just locks you in sitting mode, so god forbid you party as a priest or mage.

Legit unplayable.

misterj

that's the iRO experience. why do you think this place exists?!

yC

Quote from: Erissa on Jul 11, 2017, 02:57 PM
Welp, there goes the fun, server is now so unstable that sitting can take from a second to 13 seconds.
And sometimes you drop so many packets the server stops giving a s*** and just locks you in sitting mode, so god forbid you party as a priest or mage.

Legit unplayable.

You mean, after all these years, iRO still can't handle 1400~2000 players on a server?

SukiChii

GASP

I could never get into the official servers. I found them boring and slow.

Erissa

It's never been this bad in terms of screw ups though, today we had people randomly logging into other random peoples accounts, would've probably still sat on re:start if it weren't for the god awful constant login server explosions and ping/packet drops, because my experiences before the servers hit 3000 population were okay.

Xarale

Well damn, I was actually considering trying this out since I've never tried out the pre-Comodo era of RO. (I started on iRO in 2005, a few months before trans classes were released)

Did they add a Kafra Shop to the Re:Start server too?

-X.

Erissa

Quote from: Xarale on Jul 12, 2017, 09:06 AM
Did they add a Kafra Shop to the Re:Start server too?
Seemed to be a very low pay2win-ratio Kafra shop (only hats were costumes, no equipment being sold initially, HD ori and elu being sold but no NPC implemented yet) until everyone realized that the WoE boxes (before opened) weighted 0 which caused Knights to run trains trough every MVP despite them dealing up to 8k magic damage or more per cast.

I understood the knight meme being incredibly strong and that they would be running at least small trains trough MVPs eating fresh fish/meat/whatever recovery they could get their hands on, and spamming grape juice or something, but right now they're given the opportunity to buy around 2000? white pots which are stronger than alch crafted whites and 500? blue pots for 5 dollars in order to just spam bowling bash to infinity and beyond.

If you want to clear your mind of any lust for re-joining, just ping -t 128.241.92.134

Orange

Quote from: Erissa on Jul 12, 2017, 11:42 AM
Seemed to be a very low pay2win-ratio Kafra shop (only hats were costumes, no equipment being sold initially, HD ori and elu being sold but no NPC implemented yet) until everyone realized that the WoE boxes (before opened) weighted 0 which caused Knights to run trains trough every MVP despite them dealing up to 8k magic damage or more per cast.

I understood the knight meme being incredibly strong and that they would be running at least small trains trough MVPs eating fresh fish/meat/whatever recovery they could get their hands on, and spamming grape juice or something, but right now they're given the opportunity to buy around 2000? white pots which are stronger than alch crafted whites and 500? blue pots for 5 dollars in order to just spam bowling bash to infinity and beyond.

If you want to clear your mind of any lust for re-joining, just ping -t 128.241.92.134

This is my main issue with the server. $10 buys you 10k white pots(more really but eh) and as bunch of blues. Like 15mil worth of zeny, there were people mvping day 2 with NPC gear or grinding high orcs without anyone on the server having to of farmed anything at all. White potions where something like 30-50zeny for the first week.

Bue

Quote from: Orange on Jul 12, 2017, 10:11 PM
This is my main issue with the server. $10 buys you 10k white pots(more really but eh) and as bunch of blues. Like 15mil worth of zeny, there were people mvping day 2 with NPC gear or grinding high orcs without anyone on the server having to of farmed anything at all. White potions where something like 30-50zeny for the first week.

Yup, Universal Leveling Guide.

But ro:re is super hyped right now. And half a dozen of twitch streamers for ro:re is getting consistent 20 - 100 viewers.

The next few weeks will be interesting and I wonder what the effects it would have on pservers.

FYI, BOTS!

Shourei

Quote from: Orange on Jul 12, 2017, 10:11 PM

-Thinking-
The cash shop seems to be no batter than private server out there. Not to mention it lags like hell for a lot of people.
You're better off playing a low rate server with a proper setting. but so hyped and these "official" seems to be attacking private servers, yeah?

Mina-chan

Well, I never got to experience RO from the beginning, since I practically started in 2010, after a 4 year hiatus. So I've made an account to at least will give it a try for a bit :3 but yeah, even a low rates private server sounds more interesting, given the customizations and all.

Orange

So I think I'm sticking with the server, sick of changing servers every few months on pservers and all the other crap that goes with them. Besides the bot infestation which they've said they're doing <something> about it's pretty nice, the lag has stopped for the most part

Server has issues, very obviously opened without much thought but things are looking up.

draugadrottinn

how is the system in the server? renewal or pre renewal or mixed like gravindo server?

Xarale

Despite some of the comments here, I think I might give this a try.  I'm honestly not expecting much out of iRO given the state of their other servers, but I'll at least give it a shot and see how it goes.

Quote from: draugadrottinn on Jul 17, 2017, 10:28 AM
how is the system in the server? renewal or pre renewal or mixed like gravindo server?
Based on Orange's first post, it appears to use renewal mechanics.  I've yet to actually try it though so I can't give you a proper answer.

-X.

Charity Case

Better to play this ro:restart and enjoy its hype/excitement while it lasts rather  then make an account on another random pserver.
Cant be bothered to start over and over again anymore these days,seems like the experience isnt the same as it used to be or really worth it :/

Bue

Yup, all laboard the summer hypetrain, choo-choo /go, choo-choo,  /go choooooooooo. /o _\\

Zinnia

Quote from: Charity Case on Jul 20, 2017, 10:26 PM
Better to play this ro:restart and enjoy its hype/excitement while it lasts rather  then make an account on another random pserver.
Cant be bothered to start over and over again anymore these days,seems like the experience isnt the same as it used to be or really worth it :/

Isn't ro:restart another random (p)server?

Oops. Apparently we are not living in the same world.

Bue

Quote from: Zinnia on Jul 21, 2017, 03:28 PM
Isn't ro:restart another random (p)server?

Oops. Apparently we are not living in the same world.

What do you mean?

Zinnia

Quote from: Bue on Jul 21, 2017, 04:08 PM
What do you mean?

The staff of ro:restart is just as amateur as any other pserver

Bue

Quote from: Zinnia on Jul 22, 2017, 11:45 AM
The staff of ro:restart is just as amateur as any other pserver

ok sure ::)

misterj

...you must have never played iRO before.

lllaaazzz

Quote from: SukiChii on Jul 11, 2017, 06:40 PM
GASP

I could never get into the official servers. I found them boring and slow.

for me it was the free 7 day trial of iro when i was 10 yrs old, running out of time and going to a pserver, would be a pain in the donkey trying to catch up now and already missed the good ole days without 3rd job f*** ragnarok>maplestory