Playing in a Foreign server that uses different language.

Started by blame20, Feb 01, 2018, 08:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blame20

I visit some foreign private servers for personal reasons. Is it possible to translate NPC dialogues, skill descriptions, or everything from another language if I am just a player of that server? For example, I am playing in a private server in brazil, can I translate NPC dialogues, item, quests, skill descriptions, and other words that I want to translate in english without hacking? If YES, then HOW? Experts I need help.

iamgnome

AFAIK, NPC dialogues cannot be translated but as for the item, quests, skill descriptions it can via grf and iteminfo lua if the server permits. Like Ziu kRO player he converts korean text items and such to english :)

yC

Client side files such as items and skills (names, descriptions) can be altered by replacing those files with files from another regional client (or from translation projects) in your RO folder for example.  However, if there's anything in the original client that isn't in your replacement file it could lead to error or crash.

NPC names and dialogues as well as monster names should be all server side that you can't change.