MVP Damage & Heal calculations

Started by BostonRob, Apr 06, 2016, 10:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BostonRob

Hi, I want to ask a question about damage and heal calculations of an MVP, particularly, Wounded Satan Morroc.

What happens when someone does 90% damage to WSM and then it heals from 10% back to 100%. Is the damage dealt on MVP reset? Because that is what happened recently when it healed back to 100% and I did like 70% damage while the initial party did 30%, the other party still won the MVP.

My question is will the calculations be reset at 100%?
or
Is it calculated as if I did 70% and while he did a total of 120% (90+30)?
Do the damages dealt on the same keep stacking up?

Im playing GaiaRO by the way, any response is appreciated.

Astraeos

If you did 70% and he did 90% he'd be the MVP. If you leave the map the game wont record the damage you dealt until that point.

There's also damage taken and last hit bonus to consider as well.

BostonRob

he did 90% but the MVP healed from 10% back to 100%. So you are saying that damages can stack above 100%?

Zereges

Each monster has its own tracker of who did how many damage. If MVP heals itself (or even player heals that MVP), it will leave that tracker as is.

Think about what would happen if it would not be this way. Player 1 damages the monster for 1k, player to for additonal 1k and monster heals for 1500. What should happen then? Should firsts player damage be negated and seconds decreased by 500, because it should first heal damage which was dealt first? Or the opposite, because that is more logical? Or should that be splitted?

Also, it would complicate the implementation a bit.
Player of Phoenix Fury, Pestilence & Ekirei.

Tree of Savior: Zereges (Falconeer-Mergen-Ranger)

Ragnarok break now.
My EndlessTower Video

WoW (Drak'Thul): Zere, Shadow Priest, <Panta Rheî> (offline too)

My Anime List
My StackExchange

BostonRob

So the conclusion is that the damage stacks? So des this mean that if I do 99% damage to the monster let it heal abit and then I do an additional 2% damage on it, dealing a 101% total damage without him dying. So lets say the monster heals back to 100% and then I'll just hang around in the map and let one other person do 100% damage on it. I will still be the MVP?

Zereges

Maybe, or maybe not, there are some bonuses for having last hit (I do believe, it's like doing additional 25% more damage), but in general you are right.

But realize, that if you are able to deal 70% damage to the boss, you probably can deal additional 30% and you do not have to wait for others to come up and do the job for you.

Ragnarok break now.
My EndlessTower Video

My Anime List
My StackExchange

BostonRob

lets not take into consideration of the last hit bonus, the point is if lets say I do 99% damage and then I let it heal up and do an extra 41% later totaling 150% dmg on it and then let it heal back to 100%. If someone else were to kill it from 100 to 0, I would still be the MVP as long as I am in the map?

Im not asking quesitons to do it on purpose im just trying to confirm my theory here haha

Zereges

I just checked rathena source code, and it seems, that there is no first or last hit bonus, so as long as you've dealt most damage, you will be mvp no matter how many times mvp healed.

Ragnarok break now.
My EndlessTower Video

My Anime List
My StackExchange

BostonRob

so figuratively speaking, player A does 101% dmg >> let it heal >> player B does 100% dmg >> player A stays in map >> Player A MVPs?

Zereges

Yes, unless there are additional tricks done (player A dead, player A reloged, player A changed map, etc)

Ragnarok break now.
My EndlessTower Video

My Anime List
My StackExchange

BostonRob

ok just tested it on a normal monster(vitata) by damaging it and letting it heal it and then allow someone else kill it from 100 to 0. The item still goes to my inventory with autoloot. Thanks a bunch.