Male V Female animation delay

Started by Orange, Jun 16, 2009, 08:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Relics

I guess we're just confirming what has already been said on iRO by doddler.. but this vid should show the difference.

Rudolph Zyaber

I know for a fact on an old server of mine that female champions could TSS+Dangerous Soul Collect faster than Male champs could when they both had the same stats and instant cast. 
Bleh

Descent

Who would have thought that Animation plays a role in delays as well. Very interesting find.

Orange

Quote from: Descent on Jun 16, 2009, 01:03 PM
Who would have thought that Animation plays a role in delays as well. Very interesting find.

Are you serious or what? >.<

Most people know by now that disguising and @refresh remove animation delay(and relics just confirmed that it is indeed the case, I havn't seen a yes/no answer for a year+)

Either way the male v female thing is the main thing I want/ed to confirm(check topic title >.>) which now seems more likely.

The fact that gender can determine how often you can cast skills is what has been weird to me(I remember when I first heard about it on avalon RO I remade my prof to be a guy, lol)
:3

Orange

Xarale

Quote from: Orange on Jun 16, 2009, 01:14 PM

Most people know by now that disguising and @refresh remove animation delay(and relics just confirmed that it is indeed the case, I havn't seen a yes/no answer for a year+)

Either way the male v female thing is the main thing I want/ed to confirm(check topic title >.>) which now seems more likely.

The fact that gender can determine how often you can cast skills is what has been weird to me(I remember when I first heard about it on avalon RO I remade my prof to be a guy, lol)

You'd be amazed at how many people didn't know this, myself being one of them.  I knew about the @refresh thing, but I didn't realise changing your sprite actually shortened the delay too.

As Descent said, very interesting find.  Helpful too for server owners who were also unaware of this.

Orange

Quote from: Xarale on Jun 16, 2009, 02:12 PM

You'd be amazed at how many people didn't know this, myself being one of them.  I knew about the @refresh thing, but I didn't realise changing your sprite actually shortened the delay too.

As Descent said, very interesting find.  Helpful too for server owners who were also unaware of this.

I've never been 1 to cheat, But I always ask GM's for a disguise on a server then I go off to own monsters with my hax no after skill delay(Till I  DC :/)

And do you know if the "chicken" has 0 animation delay, Or would there be a better monster?

Irrelevant

Quote from: Rudolph Zyaber on Jun 16, 2009, 01:00 PM
I know for a fact on an old server of mine that female champions could TSS+Dangerous Soul Collect faster than Male champs could when they both had the same stats and instant cast. 

It's funny with champs. Female champs spam Zen+TSS faster. However, male champs are rather more succesful at spamming Zen+Absorb.

SilverStream~

I just want to point out that animation is a huge deal in most games.

For example, in Dead or Alive, the character Kazumi has the fastest animation(or lowest since you all prefer that), and is therefor the best choice when it comes to fighting.

The attacj with the fastest animation is also an attack that pierces block, and used three times breaks the opponents block and you can chain the attack with a very powerful attack.

Combined with her other attacks and moves it makes her to the most feared/best character to use in Dead or Alive.

if you wonder, yes I used to play it alot haha

Same is with many games.

Also it is possible to "hack" your ro game without actually changing sprites.

All you have to do, is remove the fighting/waiting frames your character sprites has, you keep the walking sprite and perhaps another one.
When you then fight or use skills your character would still look like for example a champ, so it wouldn't be noticable in screenshots, and when you attack you would have no animation delay.

I've seen this done with sonic blow, on a 193 aspd server, where the player had removed the sonic blow animation, and was able to chain spam it with bragi.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Descent

Oh, I'm so sorry. I forgot that the point of Ragnarok Online was to find loopholes to gain an edge over people that don't know. Stupid me.

SilverStream~

The actual point was to make money of the game. Having fun and being competetive were just factors gravity needed to cash in.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Relics

My friend, disox, edited the sinx .ACT and apparently that's the only thing that matters in cutting animation speed..
so, if you want a regular sinx sprite (male only for now), but with removed animation delay...

-removed-

Orange

Quote from: Relics on Jun 18, 2009, 09:47 AM
My friend, disox, edited the sinx .ACT and apparently that's the only thing that matters in cutting animation speed..
so, if you want a regular sinx sprite (male only for now), but with removed animation delay...

Tell disox thanks, uhh where do i put this?

Relics

If your client supports an external data folder

If it doesn't
Import it into your GRF in this folder

if it doesn't exist, or the server you play on uses a grf with a higher priority (check data.ini) then search it there or just create the folder.

Orange

Quote from: Relics on Jun 18, 2009, 10:16 AM
If your client supports an external data folder

If it doesn't
Import it into your GRF in this folder

if it doesn't exist, or the server you play on uses a grf with a higher priority (check data.ini) then search it there or just create the folder.

Ah ok, ty.
I still have no idea how to get it working on my current server, but I got it working on RMS test I guess I'll work on it now eh

My server uses a GRF, Theres no data.ini and what do you mean by create a new folder? >.>

EDIT: Gah I have no idea how to do dis :/