Is Gravity giving up on Renewal?

Started by memphis, Jun 24, 2018, 02:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

memphis

I've tried my best to like renewal and the new jobs but I just can't stand the saiyan power creep. The skills and mechanics ruined GvG/BG and there's no coming back from that.

With RO:Zero being a thing, and the failure of Revo Classic servers, do you think Gravity is giving up on renewal?

I really hope they do and just focus on Zero. With a half decent base at least private servers can remove most of the garbage, unlike renewal where you would need to redesign the entire game.

Terpsichore

The Zero thing is more of the same, just for first and second jobs. The main differences are that the power creep starts high by default (you oneshot from the get-go) and leveling is streamlined further into a series of fetch quests which mostly make you talk to NPCs. The best gear is also ARPG-like, with randomized stats so the gearing process is pure lottery and there are no goals you can realistically aim for or well-rounded builds you could create.

So yeah, they gave up on the game time ago and all they're doing now is milking RO's name as much as possible since all their other games failed miserably.

Blinzer

Quote from: memphis on Jun 24, 2018, 02:59 PMunlike renewal where you would need to redesign the entire game.

RO as a whole has needed to be reworked for a while, even pre-re o-o the pvm outside of a couple of boss fights is complete trash, the itemization makes you go from 0 to 100 in 5 seconds for grinding useless s*** monsters, refining is pathetic, the zeny-world and item-world relationship is pathetic. the exp distribution is a joke. client hasn't aged well at all, it's hard to click on what you want to. pvp in certain matchups is the only redeemable quality of the game

obviously pre-re is better than all of the other options(not for much longer though), but that's not going to change the fact that one good quality is not going to save it when games have 7-8 criteria to be judged upon

memphis

Quote from: Blinzer on Jun 24, 2018, 09:39 PM
RO as a whole has needed to be reworked for a while, even pre-re o-o the pvm outside of a couple of boss fights is complete trash, the itemization makes you go from 0 to 100 in 5 seconds for grinding useless s*** monsters, refining is pathetic, the zeny-world and item-world relationship is pathetic. the exp distribution is a joke. client hasn't aged well at all, it's hard to click on what you want to. pvp in certain matchups is the only redeemable quality of the game

obviously pre-re is better than all of the other options(not for much longer though), but that's not going to change the fact that one good quality is not going to save it when games have 7-8 criteria to be judged upon

The thread assumes you want to play RO in the first place and have to choose between servers and settings. It's pretty obvious modern titles would wipe the floor with it, why are we even talking about that.

Blinzer

Quote from: memphis on Jun 24, 2018, 10:31 PM
The thread assumes you want to play RO in the first place and have to choose between servers and settings. It's pretty obvious modern titles would wipe the floor with it, why are we even talking about that.

modern day titles do not wipe the floor with RO's PvP. there is an argument to be made for certain parts of it that are better and certain parts that are worse.

memphis

I don't know how to better communicate with you so I'm just going to ignore it, I'm sorry

RO as a whole has needed to be reworked for a while

games have 7-8 criteria to be judged upon

Quote from: Blinzer on Jun 25, 2018, 02:42 PM
modern day titles do not wipe the floor with RO's PvP. there is an argument to be made for certain parts of it that are better and certain parts that are worse.

Blinzer

Quoteroses are red
Quoteviolets are blue
Quotequotes with no implication
Quotemeans i outplayed you