Is expulson blocked by land protector?

Started by Lioran, May 17, 2018, 12:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lioran

Teleport is blocked by land protector.
Most server I played on, Expulsion doesn't care if you're on land protector or not.
Is it suposed to be blocked by it, is that an hercule/Athena bug?

NoiI

I rather think teleport not working on land protector is the bug not the other way around. Land Protector is supposed to only block ground spells which teleport is not

Zereges

The Teleport not working on LP is intended

Quote from: irowiki
This skill "targets the ground" when activated, thus making it unusable while standing on Magnetic Earth, even though it may not appear to be a ground skill.

Expulsion is not blocked by LP, for the same reason as Snatch isn't - It's a targeted skill.
Player of Phoenix Fury, Pestilence & Ekirei.

Tree of Savior: Zereges (Falconeer-Mergen-Ranger)

Ragnarok break now.
My EndlessTower Video

WoW (Drak'Thul): Zere, Shadow Priest, <Panta Rheî> (offline too)

My Anime List
My StackExchange

Lioran

that's so annoying. Why is beelzebub so stupid to kill? it would be a straight forward fight without that non sense. I already struggle to get the people for it then gotta worry about everyone understanding whats going on.
I know expulsion was working in endless tower a while back i don't know if that's still a thing All i know is the Eathena dev back then made that change on their own claiming it was official. Which to me sounds absurd to think that you have a chance that your tank will basically be warped to town.

Zereges

Expulsion doesn't work in endless tower.

Expulsion has 1% chance so it shouldn't happen that often. I realize it's annoying but I killed many beelzebubs and never got more than 3 during the kill.

Ragnarok break now.
My EndlessTower Video

My Anime List
My StackExchange

[email protected]

seems like only way to block expulson is auto guard, or/and parry... during 1st phase you can use safety wall to block expulson, but during 2nd phase beel uses land protector...

meaman654

You can always Ganbantein then Safety Wall on the one who's tanking. Also, the chance is really low for Expulsion, unless you really have bad RNGs with Beelzebub. You just have to kill him as fast as you can I guess. Lowest time we killed it was under 2mins (With gospel buffs). I only managed to record a less than 3 mins vid (this was with competition and no gospel buffs).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHf63su7pXU&spfreload=10

Also if you got a lot of people with you, you can do Beelzebub with a Star Gladiator. You can kill him in less than a minute.

Lioran

Most those solution require more players
Can barely find 1 person that's willing to play this game.
Even on decently populated servers nobody wants to party.
the current state of RO is awfull

meaman654

I feel you. I hate soloing in general, let alone MVPing. But that's how it is currently. Either you join a guild or make one, players nowadays are mostly fixated on WOE and PvP. There are exceptions of course. I even force some of my old friends/guildmates/members just to go online to kill an MVP for autistic methods and reason.

P.S. That video was just a 2 man run (I was the Clown, Prof, dead LK at the start my friend was the WS and the red LK on the side. Our competitors were only 2-man party as well). Shows how much we lack people to play with in game.

Lioran

I don't understand why people are stuck on WOE... there is much better game for that kind of stuff.
PVP for RO didn't age well at all. Even games at the time still have good pvp today. It's pretty bad and i don't understand why people are focused on RO pvp after nearly 20 years

Zereges

Quote from: meaman654 on May 26, 2018, 08:47 PM
P.S. That video was just a 2 man run (I was the Clown, Prof, dead LK at the start my friend was the WS and the red LK on the side. Our competitors were only 2-man party as well). Shows how much we lack people to play with in game.
This! We were having the same issue. 30+ players for WoE and few people doing PVM. But after some time, we realized, that we can do anything with just two of us (tank and kill any mvp, even endless) and we even get used to playing with each other, that when we had third guy to help us, the performance was usually much worse.

Ragnarok break now.
My EndlessTower Video

My Anime List
My StackExchange

meaman654

Quote from: Lioran on May 31, 2018, 06:08 PM
I don't understand why people are stuck on WOE... there is much better game for that kind of stuff.
PVP for RO didn't age well at all. Even games at the time still have good pvp today. It's pretty bad and i don't understand why people are focused on RO pvp after nearly 20 years

This is very much of an off-topic but I just wanna throw it out there.

There are small communities of PvM/MVP people that I've encountered and they're one of, if not ,the greatest RO players, relative to game loyalty. They stay longer than WoE guilds. They barely post on forums but they play the longest in game. The know the game best and they hold the economy (most of the time).

There was this change/meta when servers (particularly mid rates) began sporadically made Battlegrounds more engaging and rewarding. Players can now exchange BG badges to a secondary currency in game (i.e. Gold Coin/"Server Name" Coin). This left PvM to be, a bit neglected at best. You can now make money while playing BG, farming via PVM is now less of a trend. Because people can now play in a quasi-WoE style environment without grinding hours in Gefenia or whatnot. BG offered WOE supplies, you no longer have to farm them anymore. The only MVPs that worth of killing are the ones that had useful PvP/BG/WoE items. And let's not forget the reason why  people choose private servers is because we like to avoid grinding for hours. But the rates are not enough to sustain the "fun" factor for most players, you still have to grind for quite some time to gear up and that ingenious ruse for BG was, to me, a game changer in the private server scene because it made a lot of players play the game.

But that doesn't mean that change is superior or best in all cases. I for one, still enjoy hours of mindless grinding. To prove https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91pPalnwCOI ... And this change made the game more PvP/BG/WoE oriented. This made the game feel more like a MOBA than an MMORPG. You level to 99, then just get basic items, leech in BG till you get god items and you're done. If BG is dead, the server is dead. And if people perceive a server as "dead" they would often stay out, thereby lesser influx of the population.

But... this would only be my guess. Take it with a grain of salt. desu

Lioran

Quote from: meaman654 on Jun 01, 2018, 06:18 PM
There are small communities of PvM/MVP people that I've encountered and they're one of, if not ,the greatest RO players, relative to game loyalty. They stay longer than WoE guilds. They barely post on forums but they play the longest in game. The know the game best and they hold the economy (most of the time).
Sounds like me... I wish I could find these kind of people.
Every server I go on dies, i can't find anyone to play with. And some (lets be frank that's what they are) noobs are still hanging around on declining server with 20 active players and keep on farming their WOE/PVP gears.
And those people think PVM players are bad at PVP when in reality, Don't piss off a PVM player cause they will make a character you can't counter cause they know more about the game than you do and we don't mind the farming.
... I know, I've done it before. We're not bad at PVP we just see PVP for what it really is... a broken mess that doesn't hold up to today's standards.

Also Official BG is just like you said... a Moba. Some pserver bg are pretty poorly coded and nearly unplayable.

meaman654

Quote from: Lioran on Jun 01, 2018, 06:59 PM
Sounds like me... I wish I could find these kind of people.
You will. As I do. I found the right people. Though nowadays we're all busy with life. I still force some of them to play with me on the weekends :D .