How would the perfect Ragnarok private server's website look like

Started by Transcend, Jul 16, 2007, 12:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yC

Quote from: GoldDean on Jul 17, 2007, 02:35 AM
Poorly tiled JPEG background. No tables. Times New Roman font aligned to the left of the page, yellow text. Broken links and a guestbook.

now that make me feel better.

Quote from: Transcend on Jul 17, 2007, 11:57 AM
im screwed do you have an idea of what i did in the past @_@!! please edit that post of yours x_x!
Posted on: July 17, 2007, 03:05:50 AM
sorry for double post
second attempt www.google.com

I remember the name and i think you were just a looking for gm pos back in the past was it? nothing harmful? maybe i'll search the forum name and see :D

and wasn't that you i asked in #athena the other day if you are Trancend?

Transcend

Quote from: yC on Jul 17, 2007, 03:22 PM
Quote from: GoldDean on Jul 17, 2007, 02:35 AM
Poorly tiled JPEG background. No tables. Times New Roman font aligned to the left of the page, yellow text. Broken links and a guestbook.

now that make me feel better.

Quote from: Transcend on Jul 17, 2007, 11:57 AM
im screwed do you have an idea of what i did in the past @_@!! please edit that post of yours x_x!
Posted on: July 17, 2007, 03:05:50 AM
sorry for double post
second attempt www.google.com

I remember the name and i think you were just a looking for gm pos back in the past was it? nothing harmful? maybe i'll search the forum name and see :D

and wasn't that you i asked in #athena the other day if you are Trancend?
On your forum there are only things about what happened to potion networks @_@ most of the "bad"stories were done in-game or in irc
x_X!
Back to the website ,any more complains x_x???
(and yes now im admin of 2servs :P!)

Rbread

Still scrolling, don't give it a fixed width.  I personally like a Web 2.0 feel or something that looks like a lot of time has been put into.  If I was to rate your current layout, I'd give it a 80^3-511999 out of 10 (+1 for effort)

Transcend

i can do web2.0 but it dosen t realy suit RO sites well ;/
and you don t scroll Verticvaly now

Glenn

I use 1024x768, it still scrolls. =S

Still boring Times New Roman - Black, and the CP button got tucked under Home Page when it shrunk it.

Though, It's allot better then allot of the other servers out there.. sadly  >.>

-- Ragna-Retired --

Transcend

YOU STILL SCROLL VERTICALY O_o...?
Will start making another style of template.
il try something like rocards x_x

sineas

yes it still scrolls even on my 16:10@1440x900

The different text sizes also look kinda odd and awkward. I would strongly suggest you use one size text. If you can't do away with only 1 size, then just make sure that you just use 1 size larger. ;)

[color=red]RK-RO[/color] - 10k/10k/10k WILD WEST Inspired [color=red]TRUE[/color] Dedicated Server
Unmetered Bandwidth - [color=red]1000 Mbps[/color] ([color=red]1Gb[/color]) Port Uplink - 24/7/365

Cisco Public & Private 10G Networks - Security IDS/IPS/DDoS

yC

VERTICALLY scroll is fine with me it's everywhere ...

horizontal scroll is still there, well very little but still

and it's weird u use sereon for one server and ceres for another ... wonder why

Question: are you the person that made those flash job guides?  They are kinda cute.

Glenn

I don't mind vertical scrolling either, but I do mind horizontal.
-- Ragna-Retired --

Pandora

If you are making a website for people using a certain resolution, for example 1024x768, your site has to actually be smaller than that to take into account the browser's interface, you loose a chunk of space at the top because of the browser's menus, url bar, etc. Try to aim for something like 1000x650 and center it so people with bigger resolution still see a nice website.
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to find out more about heRO![/color]

Transcend

Quote from: yC on Jul 18, 2007, 04:54 AM
VERTICALLY scroll is fine with me it's everywhere ...

horizontal scroll is still there, well very little but still

and it's weird u use sereon for one server and ceres for another ... wonder why

Question: are you the person that made those flash job guides?  They are kinda cute.
huh there are many flash things on my website x_x
the woe castle guides are done by me
the job personality test is a cheap iRO replacement <_<

i use sereon for the High rate because the HR is hosted @ancycker
i use CeresCP for LR (but trying to make my own tough not much with php)
Posted on: July 18, 2007, 05:55:32 AM
3rd attempt,simple template while respecting the navigation rules(thigs i could read in W3C thingy )www.google.com
If this dosen t cut it il try a flash website x_x

Gryphin

Rbread

It's kinda still an eyesore.  Your choice of color scheme is okay.  However, orange+image to the left+buttons+font just doesn't fit really well together. 

P.S Some of your things look like a quick photoshop job.

Transcend

What kind of font would you recomend? also remove the thief ? x_x

sineas

Much better... a complete 1 page fit.

Some suggestions too... see if it would look nice:
1. the theif is messing up your buttons. move it or take it off
2. if you have to retain your banner heading, try to move the Transcend Network logo in front of the priest and a little lower on the chest area (maybe the stomach area would be perfect) so it would look like it's openning it's arms to give you something.
3. experiment on different colors on the Transcend Network logo, the red doesn't pop out. also try not to use transparency

But like I said... it's way better than before... love the orange theme /no1
[color=red]RK-RO[/color] - 10k/10k/10k WILD WEST Inspired [color=red]TRUE[/color] Dedicated Server
Unmetered Bandwidth - [color=red]1000 Mbps[/color] ([color=red]1Gb[/color]) Port Uplink - 24/7/365

Cisco Public & Private 10G Networks - Security IDS/IPS/DDoS