how do u keep from being frozen

Started by agluestick, Sep 04, 2007, 03:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

agluestick

there are alot of mages in my server and well gtb card is just "impossible" lol
the only thing that keeps me from getting owned is i always get frozen is there anyway to beat the mages
like is there a card or something or some tactic
im a pally by the way

bensei

one idea could be getting 4 metallers cards (or other status combinations with metallers)
and put them in a mace. since skills like shield chains or shield boomerang proc status effects, you could try to mute your enemy. (muting a mage should be easy anyway, since they rarely have a decent vit to be totally immune to it)

Other than that, Marc card, evil druid card, and maybe a garment that reduces wind/or water damage. (dustiness card or marse)

Kurogasa

Marc card and evil druid card prevent freeze status. Also high mdef will reduce chance to freeze(armor mdef+int/vit mdef) if theyre using normal freeze skills.. it wont help as much if they use sg though.

vittordevitto

no point use silence.... that's why we have green pots XD..

hmmm can u explaim better that hight mdef prevents frozen status? O.o ..

Kurogasa

QuoteFrozen
Appearance: Frozen solid in a chunk of ice
Success Rate: BaseChance*(97 - MDEF - LUK/3)/100 %
Duration: BaseDuration*(1-MDEF/100) or until hit and damaged
Recovery Items: None
Recovery Skill: Status Recovery
Resistance Items: Megalodon Card (20%)
Immunity Items: Marc Card
Effect: While Frozen, the target is unable to do anything, attacks automatically hit them, they become Water1 element, they receive -50% DEF and +25% MDEF. Lex Aeterna and Steal cannot be used on the target.

Taken from Rodatazone.

vittordevitto

Jory

Marc Card keeps you from being frozen and gives 5% water reduction.  I'm assuming you're wearing a poo poo hat/alternative and a thara frog card.  If you're still having problems after all that use a Marse Card if it's primarily SG killing you.  Some other options would be to get a Valk Shield for the extra 5mdef and 20% reduction from water, fire, etc.  If Valk Shield isn't possible on your server a Mirror Shield is an easy 5mdef.

Some other good sources of easy mdef is slotted Rosary's or Vesper Cores.  Gibbit if you have a slotted sunnies quest, or slotted mid/low headgears on your server. 

A Pally shouldn't be having problems from a caster.   

lordfariq

fight for u rightâ,,¢

Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!

aztigin41

if gtb is imposible how come detale card will be posible?
your signature is too fat

bensei

I highly doubt the thread started still checks this thread.

pfja1st

he/she could be just not replying... hmm... so sad...

Cloudsea

This would be an easy question ;D

Just Put a Marc card into ur ARmor...
All problem done!!

Have A NiCe MoOd tO PlAy RaGnArOk Online!! :)

SakuraX

Quote from: agluestick on Sep 04, 2007, 03:06 AM
there are alot of mages in my server and well gtb card is just "impossible" lol
the only thing that keeps me from getting owned is i always get frozen is there anyway to beat the mages
like is there a card or something or some tactic
im a pally by the way

smokie card can be useful =x (assuming you are in low rate ONLY with no INSTANT CAST)
if you are a range class, if they cast spell on you hide right away until their cast is done. then reappear start skill spaming on them
if you are a melee class, same as above. however, do not reappear yet, wait for them to approach you with sight *you see they approach a melee class chances are they are done before you do!* when they reveal you they are kinda done if you kill fast enough (sacrifice? lolz~) (NOTE: for hiding skill i don't think ground based attack will reveal you, unless cloaking will *needs verification*)

Amukai

lordfariq

detale card
Gain protection from the Freeze status.
Add a 5% chance of auto casting Level 1 Land Protector around the user when the user receives Magical Damage.
MDEF - 20
fight for u rightâ,,¢

Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!