How do *you* make zeny? I need tips!

Started by MysticNight, Dec 29, 2011, 04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MysticNight

Okay, so I stopped playing RO for a long time, and I've forgotten a lot of things. Mavkas have been nerfed on the serv I'm going to play, and I'm tired of them anyway. Do you know of good quests (hats/ cooking/ whatever) that yield items that sell well? How do you make zenys? What are your favorite camp spots? What items should I be dropping?

I'll probably be non-trans for a while because I'll play a low-mid-rate and I don't have much time.
My initial thought was "save everything you get from monsters until you get back into the whole money-making business" but I don't know if that's a good idea. I'm not going to MVP because most of the MVPs are probably super camped (high population) and I wouldn't have killed the big ones alone anyway.

If that helps, I'm going to make a Sin and a Sniper for starters. I don't know which one I'll make first. Then, a couple of vendors for autotrade, and I guess that's it, unless I feel like making a non-funded WS. Since I'm used to having crazy PvM gears for WS, and since WS are SO gear-dependent, I might set myself up for disappointment if I make one. I don't know, we'll see.

I could also sell my soul and make an HP. I love me some undeads and the drops are good, but without parties HPs are useless.

raphael.cruger

Rather than looking for crap you can just npc for npc money isolate a demand in yr market that is easy for you to fill. eg. farm Witched Star Sand from bathories, good loot and chance for card. Farm royal jellies from zipper bears, again chance for card as well as good money and honeys too. Geffenia is a huge money maker if you do sign quest, incus drop gold rings and mastelas like crazy. Hit raydrics for elus, chance for raydric and AK card as well as lvl 4 weapon stones from the swords there(dont know how you'll do those non trans). If yr weak go byalan 4, not much loot but mobby and everything drops gr8 cards. Hydra, Marc, Phen and even swordfish are all worth something on lowrates.
This is just a short list. There are tons of places to farm money.

Myteriouss

Depending on the server you're in, there are custom "Gold Rooms". However, in a LR or MR server, I use to farm like crap in Pay_dun00 with opals and the accessories dropped by Skeletons (The accessories sold at the NPC for 5k zeny). Once I had an inventory filled with them, I would just sell them to a NPC.

I think in a LR/MR, Mages + Sniper's Blitz Beat is good farming tools + mages Fire Wall. In a SHR or HR, a High Wizard is a good farmer (especially in a Gold Room).

xyuki

You say you're playing on a LR/MR. How's the drop rate though?
If it's rather high you could hunt the old fashioned way. Kill Petites (Sky Petit, the blue ones) that drop Gokurin (aka. Khukri). They sell for 120k at NPCs, though you should use a merch class to sell those to get more of it.

But I would recommend this only if the drop rate is rather high, as this is a 0.05% drop at 1x rates.

Otherwise, if WoE is running well farm speed potions to sell or PBs or Alchemist supplies.

MysticNight

Thanks a lot for the answers, still looking for more tips though. :)
I like the sky petite & byalan ideas. I don't think I've found a server yet. By LR/Mid rate I mean drop rate between 20 & 100. That's usually what I play, I wouldn't go over 150 drop rate because it completely spoils the game. I'm looking for a lower drop rate than 75 right now but I'll see what I can find.

Gene

Desert wolves, use WS and try normal attacking them and they should die in 2 hits. I make money out of Stilettos(sell it to npc). You can keep the mink coats, card and oridecons or vend/sell them.

Triper

Stalker+high aspd+good weapon dmg, abyss lake entrance map, 1 left, kill everything except the fire petites and the sandmans[not worth the time wasted] and sell the good stuff in there and npc the bad stuff.
Abuse of auto-steal a lot since you can get tons of bows/4 leaf clovers from the breezers.

xyuki

Also, you can always hunt Composite Bows [4] and other weapons with 4 slots / other good lvl 1 or 2 weapons and upgrade it to +10 with a WS. They mostly sell very well with players.

(Level 1 and 2 weapons because Phracons and Emveretarcons are sold by NPCs.)

Myteriouss

Quote from: xyuki on Dec 30, 2011, 07:57 AM
You say you're playing on a LR/MR. How's the drop rate though?
If it's rather high you could hunt the old fashioned way. Kill Petites (Sky Petit, the blue ones) that drop Gokurin (aka. Khukri). They sell for 120k at NPCs, though you should use a merch class to sell those to get more of it.

But I would recommend this only if the drop rate is rather high, as this is a 0.05% drop at 1x rates.

Otherwise, if WoE is running well farm speed potions to sell or PBs or Alchemist supplies.
Nope. They were high enough for me to get a consistency of accessories. Also, cant farm Petits are 30-60 (without proper equips) xD

xyuki

Quote from: Myteriouss on Dec 30, 2011, 11:44 PM
Nope. They were high enough for me to get a consistency of accessories. Also, cant farm Petits are 30-60 (without proper equips) xD

mjolnir_03 has 70 Petits (instant respawn) and the map is rather small, it works quite well. For example mage classes can farm there with HD. If you feel too squishy get Safety Wall, works without too though.

MysticNight

Thanks for the advice, I wouldn't play mage though. :) I usually choose more "physical" chars but yeah, sky petites don't hurt too bad so I guess I could tank them. :)

Azul

Juperos is awsome for farming. I forget which mob drops the gun at low chance, but it sells high for npc. Also the best way is to follow the trends and find them before they boom, within any server your playing. For example, when i played renewal servers i remember before hunting spears boomed, i saw that they had great damage, could be slotted and were better then the current "hot item". So i would buy them in mass for about 100k zeny each. Once i started refining them to +8,+9. Players started realizing there potential and started buying out the market making them go from 100k zeny to 3mil a spear. Which since i had masses of them from previous was able to make a large amount of zeny out of them. Not to mention the ones i already refined to +9 which in that server sold for 500m each. After those profits i moved on to the next "possible hot item" which were elemental swords. Yet again, a [3] slotted item that had great effects, great damage and in my eyes was currently a "under sold item" that had emense potential. Yet starting another trend in the server.

So my advice to you is follow the trends of the server you are playing. Find the "new, up and comming" content that is being added ingame. Finally create new trends within the game that other players may not have already seen that has potential to grow in your current game market! It never fails!!

yumi-ro.com ~ Accepting GM Applications

Adel

if it's a mid rate, juperos level 1 is good and also kill incubus succubus in geffenia. alota money!~

immowl

Making zeny depends on how you want to earn and get them.  You could try your luck in hunting for rare items that you could sell at a higher price but you have to be really patient so you could get them and be patient with selling them.

Or you could also take the route of selling a ton of the same loots that are priced high. You just have to pick where you are going to choose the are you are going to level and harvest loot.  Hope this helps.

yC

I found Payon Cave 1 can be pretty nice for a high rate (high drop rate) server when you are just starting.  Opal, Cursed Ruby, Skull Ring they all sell for few thousands each.  Just have to drop the clubs all the time.