Have you made any long-lasting friends in RO, at all? o-o

Started by Bunny, Jan 31, 2015, 06:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bstosnbata

My uncle was actually the one who introduced me to the game, I got addicted shortly after, and made new friends from the computer shop that I played in. We are still friend to this day.

I also play with an old friend. We have been classmates since preschool. We went to different schools during HS, and I shortly found out that he was also playing RO, we made a guild together named CHKNFOOT, and the guild is still thriving. Even though I live in California, and He lives in Florida, we are still connected because of RO. I also made new friends(his old friends) because of RO.

excellence.ragnarok

Quote from: Bunny on Jan 31, 2015, 06:01 PM
>__< I hope this is the right forum; eheh, I always get worried when making topics.  ToT  Sorries.~

But I'm kind of curious--has anyone made any lifelong friends or relationships in RO?  How did you meet and what made you stay friends when many people seem to drift away?  Have you ever visited in person?

I've actually met a few people in person from RO.  I had a friend who was living in China come visit and we had a sleepover, and I've met my boyfriend in game, too--though, we didn't like each other until after we hung out and stuff a few times.  There's a few others, but...

Another interesting thing is when you run into people know on another server, too. My ex boyfriends play ro, or at least used to, and I'm always afraid to run into them again. There's a lot of servers, but somehow I think people just have a way of running into each other!  I've even run into people before from tooottalllyyyy different games.... it was so weird, but at the same time, you kind of wonder.  Now I kind of wonder if I've ever run into people from RO in person and never realized... @___@;

But what about everyone else?  o-o  It seems like a lot of people would have some interesting stories about it.  ^_^

Many people say : its just a game dude
In here we make a lot of friends ,hmm not only Friends but Family
first i met my ingame friend we like strangers
Start to hunting together ,Build equips together
And short story we play almost 3 Diffrent Server together and now make our own Server
we met and we just like a true family ^^ /... /...

Irreverence

I've made a lot of lasting friendships, from people in the US to Finland, Chile to Australia. Hell, I met my (now ex-)wife on RO some 7 years ago. Most of the people I still talk and play with, have on Facebook, some I even text.

!
Quote from: excellence.ragnarok on Apr 26, 2015, 08:57 PM
Many people say : its just a game dude
Screw those guys, they're just casuals. :D

Positive Vibrations

I met some good solid friends on RO. Specially from the first server I played. I was stuck up at the official server and I was getting nowhere, no friends no guild no improvement. Until my brother's friends gave me a copy of the server they were playing so I joined in. I didn't go with them and made my own friends :D we were a solid group until 2 years ago they slowly left going their owns lives. And here I am, still playing RO with no girlfriend. hahahaha

Irreverence

It's okay, you don't need a GF to be an RO stud.  /no1

Positive Vibrations

Quote from: Irreverence on May 03, 2015, 09:38 PM
It's okay, you don't need a GF to be an RO stud.  /no1

Good point haha, I'm happy with my life  /no1 and thats good :D

Godfather

Friends? No. Family? Yes.

Back in my DreamerRO days 2009-2011, I was invited to a very small guild (max of 20 members, about 5-7 are alts) and up to this day, we hang out, set up days we can all just sit back and chill. Even with us all having wifes, husbands, and kids, we all still keep in touch and hang out at least once a month.

Not bad for a game that I actually just considered as it is. A game.  /heh

Irreverence

It's just a game, but the feeling and frustration and anger all of us felt together and towards one another is definitely a real thing.

My old server, one I was on for 10+ years is shutting down in a few weeks, and a huge group of us old schools who played on it are all devastated. Like, none of us even played on the server anymore, but just the idea that it doesn't exist anymore is hitting all of us in a tender spot.

This game's pretty nuts like that.

Nano

Unlike you i am not afraid of running into anyone in MMOs, mainly because none of my ex-gfs were gamers.

After 11years of actively playing low rates and a bit of iRO, I can safely say I couldn't make any long lasting friends on ragnarok online.

One of the first things that prevented me of being fond of anyone was probably competitiveness, I loved to woe and to grind all day zombie mode, didn't so much talk with people because the guys and girls I tended to meet in every competitive guild I went into were either awkward, too  childish or obnoxious. I knew I had to put up with them if I wanted to succeed at the game so I just kept playing with them as long as we could dominate WoE.

A good point tho is that, when you are satisfied with your social life in real life you don't tend to value e-relationships too highly, I tend to become quite picky and rather emotionless on games, I just play to have fun, until the server dies then I move on to the next one.

Now, I enjoy isolation thoroughly, so silent grinding is in my nature, I have probably spent 90% of my RO playtime through these 11 years hunting and farming alone.

Another good reason you might not have made any friends is probably because you don't need any, and you are capable of doing most if not all on your own; other people just slow you down.

Friends are overrated anyway.

Perry the Platypus

I met my best friend on RO about 7 or 8 years ago, and we're about to start a business together, so that's gonna be pretty sweet. :3 Other than that I'm usually fairly reserved, though I do still talk to a lot of my players and staff members - being an admin has actually helped me get used to opening up a bit more, which has helped me a lot outside of RO too.

I also got the chance to stay with someone in Australia for a couple weeks while she was studying there which was the coolest thing ever. <3 Except I wasn't able to smuggle a platypus back to Canada with me. >:

Orange

I've played on and off since 2004, I'm still in contact with 1 person from the first private server I ever played. I have a handful of people I've met over the years on skype still. I've also run into people outside of RO(On league of legends/other games, random facebook groups for hobbies I have) and found out that we use to play together. Countless times I've said something while on a new server after re-installing RO and had someone go "wait, are you that guy from <server a few years back>" - Made lots of friends that lasted many years, only a handful of us kept in contact once we stopped having the common interest of Ragnarok.
:3

aceiacei

i have many, so we decided to make a group for all the players i befriended on a certain server, where we share our knowledges, skills and
server where to play

Senra

Ever since I started heRO in the early 2011's, I've been meeting people left and right. Most of the people I play with are the ones I know irl, but a great example is Kane, who my friends and I met when we just started. We still talk actively to this day, although not so much in-game and more on our guild fb group. It's funny how I met most of these people 2011-2012, and now it's 2015 yet we still haven't gotten tired of each other.

NymphRO

I've made plenty of good friends online, not just on RO. A few of us ended up really close and talk on a regular basis, and some others we kinda drift apart. We generally keep in touch from time to time and check to see how each other is doing though.