Full Strip questions

Started by Majinken Souga, Dec 07, 2009, 08:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Majinken Souga

I was messing around on eAthena with ridiculously high stats, and I noticed that Full Strip worked every single time. Two quesitons.
1. Like Disarm, does Full Strip seem to rely on dex? If so, how much is required for 100% success?
2. Does the MVP version of Full Strip work every time it's used? Moonlight and Ifrit seem to strip me a lot.

My client that I was testing with blew up, so...
The only way to save Modern TV: burn it in a pile, then burn the ashes, then compress and burn those ashes, then sprinkle it with holy water, then send the result into a black hole and never see it again.

Shinae

Well I can't answer 100% accurately to your questions, but:

1. Full Strip does rely on dex yes. How much is required well, more the better. Also enemy dex affects how succesfully you full strip them. It's easier to strip 1 dex target then it's to strip 120 dex target. 140 dex is considered good for stripping, but won't grant you 100% success.
2. Not sure. Maybe getting some dex yourself also prevents this strip %?

It's been awhile since I played stalker so I could be wrong. Someone could correct me.
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

BuBuChaCha

i believe LUK has something to do with this.

Shinae

I googled and I found old rms thread about this.

Quote from: bleu on May 05, 2009, 10:37 PM
This is the eA Full Strip formulae atm:

[%] = 5 + (2 * Skill Level) + (Dex Difference / 5)

As you can see, the greater the "DEX Difference" between the Stalker and the Target, the higher the chance of success. Thus, having higher DEX do help.

Here you can see the formula for it. Enjoy.

Majinken Souga

So you would need 75 more dex than your opponent to dodge Full Strip every time, then?
The only way to save Modern TV: burn it in a pile, then burn the ashes, then compress and burn those ashes, then sprinkle it with holy water, then send the result into a black hole and never see it again.

rotiprata

you can't dodge full strip entirely, there's a default 15% chance not reducible by anything.

unless you're on FCP..

fluidin

i think it's more of the dex formula being the eA/outdated one and the fixed 15% chance being the official/more updated formula. not too sure though
Quote from: Jeon on Jun 04, 2009, 12:02 PM
XileRo is the only HR I know that has a reasonable PvP system. I did watch the RWC like you said, all I see is people spamming the room like every other gang fight there is in RO.

mickiedeez

Quote from: Majinken Souga on Dec 09, 2009, 07:42 PM
So you would need 75 more dex than your opponent to dodge Full Strip every time, then?

the maximum is 85%. For this you need 300 more dex.

Quote from: bleu on May 05, 2009, 10:37 PM
[%] = 5 + (2 * Skill Level) + (Dex Difference / 5)

Assuming minimum miss chance is 15%, that means 85% is the max success you can obtain.

The first half of the equation is 5+10 or 15%, mean another 60% to go for the maximum chance of strip. If 1%=Dex/5, then the amount of dex required per percent is 5.  So, take 60 and multiply it by 5, and you have 300.

%=5 + 10 + (300 / 5)

Basically you need 300 dex for 85% chance of strip i think
Quote from: Temjin on Feb 16, 2010, 12:07 PM
You are a f*** idiot. Why you even bother to post here, I will never know. It is BEYOND ME.

fluidin

actually, the 15% chance is of the opponent NOT being able to dodge full strip

Success Rate = 5 + 2 * Skill Level + (Your DEX - Enemy DEX) / 5

So with lv5 you get a 15% base chance + (Whataver dex you have - enemy dex) / 5.

There is no minimum miss chance, just a minimum success chance. And you need 425 more dex than ur opponent to have a 100% success chance
XileRo is the only HR I know that has a reasonable PvP system. I did watch the RWC like you said, all I see is people spamming the room like every other gang fight there is in RO.

Shinae

Quote from: fluidin on Dec 10, 2009, 01:34 AM
actually, the 15% chance is of the opponent NOT being able to dodge full strip

Success Rate = 5 + 2 * Skill Level + (Your DEX - Enemy DEX) / 5

So with lv5 you get a 15% base chance + (Whataver dex you have - enemy dex) / 5.

There is no minimum miss chance, just a minimum success chance. And you need 425 more dex than ur opponent to have a 100% success chance

Sounds about right if you read the formula. Enemy dex and your dex has no effect on base success %. So basicly you can get 100% chance if you have enough dex. But I doubt anyone who plays at normal 99/70 has that amount.

Edit: Also is 15% absolute? If you have lower dex than enemy does it lower that chance? ;)

Majinken Souga

But what I thought was this: If my enemy has 1 dex and I have 76, when the enemy uses full strip...

2 * 5 + 5 = 15
-75(enemy dex - mine) / 5 = -15

15 +  (-15) = 15 - 15 = 0% chance? Yeah, I'm also wondering if the 15% part is absolute.

fluidin

If the success rate drops below your base success chance, the base success chance will be used instead.

From irowiki.

Majinken Souga

Ah, ok. Thank you, everyone!