Easiest way to get Alcohol?

Started by Holy Knight, Nov 19, 2008, 05:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holy Knight

Wich way do you guys think is the most practical to get alcohol?

Hunt the item itself? (low drop chance in my case)

Hunt the ingredients and make it?

or use Plant Cultivation ( the Creator skill) to spawn plants and kill them, thus gaining the required items to create Alcohol, then make it using the spawned plant's drops?

Those are the only ways i can think of, so if you know of another method I would appreciate it. ^^

Thanks xD

You

If your server allows multiple mushrooms on a square, plant cultivating is the way to go.

If it doesn't, well, I saw some guy do this once, so it might work.

Make a star gladiator dual-client alt that knows warmth of the sun (or whatever that push-you-away skill is).

Cultivate in a corner and arrange your star glad to push the mushroom all into the same tile, THEN cart revo.  Bonus points for a Greed blacksmith tri-client to pick up any excess.

Edit: Fun fact about alcohol that is off-topic but oh well.  The in-game alcohol description describes it as 200 proof, or 100% alcohol by volume (going by American scale here).  This is actually very odd, because alcohol, at around 95.6% ethanol, reaches a level where simple distillation can't reduce the water content of the mixture anymore.

Aris

cultivation is by far the best way to get it.

QuoteCultivate in a corner and arrange your star glad to push the mushroom all into the same tile, THEN cart revo.
this is what i used to do and i got around 1k alcohol per day.

Holy Knight

So, the "same tile method", only works if I use a Star Gladiator?

I dont have he option of doing that (dual-clienting), so if my server allows it, I can just spawn them on the same tile, without using a Star Gladiator? Then cart revo?

careful with the mushrooms though, they only last about 20 ish minutes now before they just go poof

Holy Knight

What options do I have if I cant get them on the same tile?

Is it not effective to just line them up and then cart revo?

i guess, most people stick them on one tile so they can do all the 15 dmg at once instead of summoning a few, then kill them, and then summoning more~

i guess just create one, cart revo it, create another, then cart revo that one again, until you have a good ish sized stack of mushrooms ontop of each other, after that just finish them all off ^^

but if you can't do that, i guess just summon a few in a square, then use a AoA skill to hit em all at once?

Aris

^ you can do that but it just isn't effective compared to other methods. though, considering you don't the option of dual clienting then it should be the best option unless you want to get a friend to do it.

Holy Knight

Alright thanks everyone

I guess ill just experiment and see what happens^^

Pandora

Shroom in an area, and get a wiz friend to lov (lord of vermillion) them, while lov is not considered a great skill it hits 10 hits in a large radius making it efficient for this.
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to find out more about heRO![/color]

Aaronock

I know another tactic some of us have used is getting a guy with steal to just steal from the mushrooms too, we've gotten alcohols and karvos from doing this too.  We steal, then Cart Revo, steal,then Cart Revo them all into the stack as normal.  I've actually also provided soul changes if I'm in town and heal up from health conversion with vitata card.

CookieEater

Quote from: Pandora on Nov 20, 2008, 08:31 AM
Shroom in an area, and get a wiz friend to lov (lord of vermillion) them, while lov is not considered a great skill it hits 10 hits in a large radius making it efficient for this.
It actually makes more than 10 hits, last I checked. Though luckily, it counts soft MDef only for the four major hits, then breaks those numbers apart.
Mushrooms and plants get the worst end of the deal :P
B>Positive Karma, /w offers pl0x

Mortiik

I used to make lines and then go cart-revo-happy, that's about it..
Or if you go hunting horong card, alcohol is a side-product.

Problem with making alcohol from ingredients is that stems are way harder to collect than poison spores (these can be easily gathered from mobbing poison spores one map east of eddga - I recommend LK with an earth weapon for the annoying dragontails)

Quote"You may strategically place your wonderful lips upon my posterior and kiss it repeatedly."

Ayu

If your server got moscovia with les, then it's not too bad for the stems. There's bound to be a few alchemists to sit somewhere in that dungeon for the blue herbs and stems all nicely packaged into one easy monster anyway.

Moonlight dagger and joker clip does allow the creator to do the stealing alone if you can't find anyone to help, and moonlight dagger ensures that you are SP happy at it just in case if your sp is dying for whatever the reason (and of course, you might as well equip the alchemist combo for some free glistening coats, or use some cloud hermit clips for some box of gloom to keep your guild's wizzy very happy)

Gizmo

I personally find that stacking shrooms and using cart revo is the easiest way to do it. My server's rates aren't even super huge and I manage to collect a fair number of alcohol in the span of a day. Just find a corner somewhere, spawn them on the same spot if it is possible, and smack em away~

Equiping items to give the potential for drops is definatly good. I have Cubic Goggles, a Blue Cubic Belt, and a Jeweled Sword that I currently have equiped while I farm shrooms. Haven't droped anything yet but the chance is there!