do multi hit skills like rapid smithing/vulcan arrow apply status every hit or 1

Started by lllaaazzz, Sep 23, 2018, 06:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lllaaazzz

do multi hit skills like rapid smithing/vulcan arrow apply status every hit or 1 time per cast?  /omg

Numen

Pretty sure its different on a skill to skill basis.
iRO wiki states that AV is dealt in a single hit: https://irowiki.org/classic/Arrow_Vulcan

Not sure if that information from iRO is always accurate, but the only skill I can think of that seems to have a chance each hit is Triple Action, tho iRO wiki phrases it to be "one attack" whatever that means.

In the end you could run tests on targets w/o any reductions...

Zereges

The damage of most multihit skills is applied at once (Jupitel Thunder, Double Strafe, Vulcan Arrow, Meteor Storm (single meteor), blitz beat, ...). It also means that the skill applies one status and can be multiplied as whole by a single Lex Aeterna.
The only skill I can currently think of which is reallly a mutlihit is Water Ball
Player of Phoenix Fury, Pestilence & Ekirei.

Tree of Savior: Zereges (Falconeer-Mergen-Ranger)

Ragnarok break now.
My EndlessTower Video

WoW (Drak'Thul): Zere, Shadow Priest, <Panta Rheî> (offline too)

My Anime List
My StackExchange

lllaaazzz

Yeah but some skills apply multiple hits of damage while some deal multiple hits of 1 damage all together. . . .

probably the same though

thanks for the reply

Zereges

Quote from: lllaaazzz on Sep 24, 2018, 07:46 AM
Yeah but some skills apply multiple hits of damage while some deal multiple hits of 1 damage all together. . . .

I don't understand what do you mean by that.
Player of Phoenix Fury, Pestilence & Ekirei.

Tree of Savior: Zereges (Falconeer-Mergen-Ranger)

Ragnarok break now.
My EndlessTower Video

WoW (Drak'Thul): Zere, Shadow Priest, <Panta Rheî> (offline too)

My Anime List
My StackExchange

misterj

literally every skill that does multiple hits is just doing 1 big hit but dividing the hits with a slight delay to make it look cooler
the exceptions whose multihitting apply statuses on every hit, and that's when you don't see the yellow total numbers. that means these skills:
-water ball
-bowling bash

maybe some renewal s*** i dont know

Blinzer

by default most skills that are multihit only apply status effects once, but there are a couple of exceptions depending on the way they are coded. the main one that comes to mind to me is tetra vortex which actually counts as 4 different attacks. chain lightning, water ball

you can get multiple damage boosts from stuff such as masteries by changing their value the skill_db from a state of negative hits to positive (-5 hits would do damage once but show 5 hits, 5 hits would do the damage 5 times and show 5 hits). you'd actually have to change the damage in the code if you do this, though. also, you can actually change this behavior in the code and make it so each hit apply stuff every hit