Discuss the possibility of: Ragnarok Online (Private Server) Championship xD

Started by yC, Jul 06, 2007, 03:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yC

Got this kind of idea with me a long time ago, we the underground community can't have competition like that which is kind of suck. 

What is the possibility of someone (maybe us) organize something like that, for all private servers?  What is needed?  Will gravity stop it before it even begin? 

I think for it to be possible, it has to majority base on skills with the game.  Say we can use the test server, use one gvg map, so guilds from anywhere can group and participate.  Participant can @Item @level everything they want but when the match start they will have no cmds (reboot?) ...

but obvioulsy it doesn't work this easy because there are so many god items, mvp cards ppl can use so it will be unrealistic ... unless give a restrict limit etc bleh

aww i am just throwing up ideas and dreaming of something like that xD doesn't say we will actually do it ... it will be tons of work and i am lazy ...

just share me your input in this.

Pow

It seems like a good idea, and gravity can't really do anything about it. It could be a task and a half to get it all organized.

Quote from: yC on Jul 06, 2007, 03:55 AM
What is the possibility of someone (maybe us) organize something like that, for all private servers?  What is needed?  Will gravity stop it before it even begin? 

I doubt that they will, they have other commitments so.. Also, since you get most of your information from eA /db , if they wanted it stopped they would have done so along time ago. (Correct me if I'm wrong).

I think for it to be possible, it has to majority base on skills with the game.  Say we can use the test server, use one gvg map, so guilds from anywhere can group and participate.  Participant can @Item @level everything they want but when the match start they will have no cmds (reboot?) ...

It wont require a reboot if somebody scripts it for you =p

but obvioulsy it doesn't work this easy because there are so many god items, mvp cards ppl can use so it will be unrealistic ... unless give a restrict limit etc bleh

You can set certain items to not be usable on certain maps (Refer to /db/item_noequip.txt for more info ^.^)

aww i am just throwing up ideas and dreaming of something like that xD doesn't say we will actually do it ... it will be tons of work and i am lazy ...
just share me your input in this.

Offtopic : I'm also lazy :P

On topic : I'm sure you can find somebody to help you sort it all out  ;D
Divided we stand, together we fall.
There isn't any god that can save us all
So don't pray on your knees, just beg on your hands
There is no belief in this promised land

Glenn

Sounds kinda fun. The hard part would be regulating it. Like.. do people have to make characters they've made(ie. screenshot proof[though not all servers have the same rates/max levels]) or can people run around with ideal characters. Wich would probably need a cap on it,(ie. no mvp cards) and some servers are above 99/70, while most are accustomed to it. (resrict to 99/70).

Or you could do something like.. open up a like 25/25/25 server and have everyone gather stuff/level for like a week and then battle.. therefor the playing field would be leveled.
-- Ragna-Retired --

yC

dont expect me to actually do it x.x not in the near future at least.

Emeralda

Pandora

Sounds like fun actually!

I say make a mall and give each participating server an amount, for example 1million zeny.

The guildname could be the server name, so 1 server = 1 guild in the tournament.

How many players? 12? Each server could organize tournaments locally to choose their "champion".

Is your test server compatible with other servers (aka not using data.ini)? For easy setup without preventing each server's respective players to return to their home after ^_^;

[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to find out more about heRO![/color]

Transcend

I can host ,prepare such an event,just get announce it to the comunity.and either we give them @item and remove some stuff
or give them 3weeks to prepare for in a 10000x/10000x/10x
yep i can do it for june,and i probably can host the whole 99/70 private players without lag,but i will need some help :)

Graviteh

I think that people from a server would have to screenshot the builds that they will use, and then a GM should manually create those characters. No mess, just a little time consuming.

Flip

If I was going to plan this, then it'd work like so.

1. Have all the owners/admins of willing private servers gather either here in the forums or have a conversation somewhere in iRC/MSN.

2. Each server representative would then talk about the possible competitions they can hold in their own servers in order to qualify as the server "champions". (For example, having a WoE event and the winning guild being the champions).

3. From there, the champions would congregate in one willing, host server. The host server would either provide the characters or the means for the different champions to level up, manually or via commands, and get gear. This will involve a strictly complex system on what is available and not available, which should be discussed at #1.

4. Competition starts at the host server, perhaps a tournament style match up.

5. Prize for the winning server, aside from that server owner's predetermined prizes for the champions, would be preferential advertising here in RMS.

My two cents.

yC

is it really needed to take 1 guild from each server instead of just any guild from any server can apply? the down side is it might take days if too many entries but u know some server wouldn't bother to host their own thing to select the best.

Flip

True. Therefore, the server owners would decide on their own on how to come up with their representatives.

For example, if it was discussed that each server would be comprised of 10 people to participate, then the server owners could do any process they wish in getting 10 people. It could be as simple as volunteering to as complex as having a server wide event for it.

Glenn

I don't agree with one guild per server. Particularly because GMs/Admins will always pick thier friends and don't like admitting when someone is better then them(for the most part).

Not to mention the best single pvper's are neccicarily going to work together well as a team. I've seen groups of "the bests" get destroyed by "bad kids" because the bad kids worked together better.

Either way, I'd think it's more imperitive to think about how your going to have them make thier characters.
-- Ragna-Retired --

yC

how to make their char?

1) have a list of restricted items and let them @item all they want including pots (ygg should be in the restricted list lol)

or

2) have a list of items packaged like a survivor kit, every team will have that much supply including potion, card, mvp card etc and they can decide how they want to wear and put whatever in cart/storage.  This means the kit will be huge like 10 manteau[1], 1 gtb card, 1000 white potion etc lol but the upgrading i dont know how to deal with it

maybe 1 will be much simpler except dont know how they can work the upgrade maybe just let them @item the elu and upgrade by luck day and night.

Pandora

Quote from: Flip on Jul 09, 2007, 02:39 AM
True. Therefore, the server owners would decide on their own on how to come up with their representatives.

For example, if it was discussed that each server would be comprised of 10 people to participate, then the server owners could do any process they wish in getting 10 people. It could be as simple as volunteering to as complex as having a server wide event for it.
Fully agree with the above ^_^

Quote from: Glenn on Jul 09, 2007, 07:52 AM
I don't agree with one guild per server. Particularly because GMs/Admins will always pick thier friends and don't like admitting when someone is better then them(for the most part).
But then a server with 2000+ ppl can enter 50 teams? And small servers only 1 team? I think if it's a competition between server each should choose (however they decide) their team and train them accordingly to work together ^_^ If they just choose 10 pvper with no teamplay that's pretty much their loss.

The guild suggestion of 1 guild per server was also to easily recognize who everyone is from.

[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to find out more about heRO![/color]

Flip

Ok, to clarify, the way it would work is that there would be a set number of representatives per server that would comprise that server's team.

So, if those 10 people are complete strangers or the closest of friends is the server's sole concern, but they would work together as a team.

The competition I think would be a GvG anyway, adhering to the official RWC.