Countering : Tarot Card of Fate

Started by iIse, Feb 03, 2008, 02:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aris

Tarot is a skill not a magical skill from what I know...

mark_sanbeda

I think someone posted an answer about it already that its more like of a mystical attack[or so he calls it]

Then AD SD Tarot [i think there's more its just that im not to sure about it] will not be deflected or countered block or whatever definition you want to call it ??? by GTB or Maya  ;D

[About Coma idk if it really is an ailment or a magical physical or mystical??? form of attack so for now there's no way of countering it since the type is still unknown]

Aris

Yeah GTB is for Magical Spells like Firebolt or Storm Gust and so on.

mark_sanbeda

Well just for the record mr.clown i always carry w/ me a GTB for siege purposes and i still get hit by SD[if they get to lucky they're able to kill me and for AD or AB was it?(it does uses int to power the skill up but still not part of the magic family)]

Spoiler
[I myself is a banana]  8)
[close]

Ansuz Isaz

xD As it has been said, SD is classified as a Mystic technique. It really doesn't fall under the catagory of a magic skill, despite it using MATK, so GTB isn't much help there. It's why SinXs are often the target for a lot of hate. xD Their SD skips the GTB, their Sonic Blow can essentially one hit kill all but the most vit-oriented classes, they're the best breakers in WoE, and so on. Most servers I've ever seen that have been around for a while, will eventually have a post in the suggestion section of the forum about nerfing the SinX. It has not once failed in a server that hasn't all ready done it in the first place to help hold back the whining before it starts.

Still, they're easy as hell to kill and counter. xD If you have a Prof that isn't an idiot, they're screwed. [ Skill Break the SD, use safety wall to make the attack pointless, freeze / spider web the pure CRIT / DDs early on to get rid of that issue, and so on. ] And that's only the character that comes to me at the top of my head.

mark_sanbeda

Well thats for SD... but for Coma someone should post of what kind of an attack is it coz i doubt its really an ailment[even though i said its more like an ailment] and if its countered by Bathory then is Coma considered as a shadow property attack??

Spoiler
MY GOSH PUT SOME TOP ON!!  :-X
[close]

phranxis

coma is the effect of a tarot card
so maybe the coma wont get through
cus its part of the skill

mark_sanbeda

Ah i see but if by chance Coma is an ailment then i think what would happen is that tarot is countered but the Coma still goes through

[its like cicada... when a swordie bashes a ninja w/ cicada it misses but the stun effect goes through..(well correct me if im wrong this as physical attack idk if its different w/ mystical tech.)]

iIse

Well, my friends on the server I played said that GTB can counter it. But I myself don't know if it works. And GTB in this server reduces 25% of Magic Damage. They changed it.

mark_sanbeda

Quote from: Xeisuke on Feb 08, 2008, 10:11 PM
Well, my friends on the server I played said that GTB can counter it. But I myself don't know if it works. And GTB in this server reduces 25% of Magic Damage. They changed it.

Counter what? SD? Tarot? AD? be more specific

iIse

Now, I'm the one offtopic eh?.. I'm talking about the TOPIC... Geez... I wonder why you guys have topic other than tarot..

mark_sanbeda

LMAO~  /heh its because the clown dude started it anyway its mystical tech. so i doubt that GTB counters it  :-[

phranxis

whats mystic?

and coma is a ailment (look here)

mark_sanbeda

Quote from: phranxis on Feb 09, 2008, 05:12 AM
whats mystic?

and coma is a ailment (look here)

So we got ourselves the answer[finally!]

Well about Tarot being a mystic tech. i think im already satisfied by it[but if there will be a more accurate answers then the better]

Aris

GTB doesn't block Tarot, SD or AD... -_-