Card Removal

Started by MemoZzz, Jan 06, 2009, 05:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MemoZzz

I wasn't sure if this went in Server Discussion section. Anyway, the deal is that my server has an NPC that removes cards from equipments and it says that it has a chance to break the cards, the equipment, or both. For this, you need a Yellow Gemstone and Star crumb. My question is: is this NPC implemented only in my server or is it a default RO NPC? If it is a common NPC, what are the chances for breaking either card/equipment or both? I have tried removing cards from 3 equipments now, and nothing broke.  :-\

Thanks in advance.

it'd be a custom npc on your server im sure
cause officially there isn't a card remover thats implemented 

Sarin

This NPC is probably one of "optional" included in basic RO like slotted sunglasses quest, since I've seen the exact same npc on many servers.

ChemicalW

It's all in the script:

QuoteREMOVECARD:
   mes "[Wise Old Woman]";
   mes "Very well. I shall begin.";
   if((zeny < (200000+(@cardcount * 25000))) || (countitem(1000) < 1) || (countitem(715) < 1)) goto DENYMATERIAL;
   set zeny,zeny - (200000+(@cardcount * 25000));
   delitem 1000,1;
   delitem 715,1;
// Replace the constants in the next 3 lines with failure chance values defined in refine_db.txt
// First value = Total failure chance (item and cards destroyed)
// Second value = Partial failure chance (one or the other is destroyed, player decides which one is safe)
// Third value = Harmless failure chance (all that's lost is your investment)

set @failchance,rand(100);
//   if(@failchance < 2) goto FAILREMOVECARD0;
//   if((@failchance < 8) && (@failtype == 1)) goto FAILREMOVECARD1;
//   if((@failchance < 8) && (@failtype == 2)) goto FAILREMOVECARD2;
   if(@failchance < 10) goto FAILREMOVECARD3;
   successremovecards @part;
   next;
   mes "[Wise Old Woman]";
   mes "The process was a success. Here are your cards and your item. Farewell.";
   close;

FAILREMOVECARD0:
   failedremovecards @part,0;
   next;
   mes "[Wise Old Woman]";
   mes "The process was a total failure. I am afraid the item and the cards were destroyed.";
   close;

FAILREMOVECARD1:
   failedremovecards @part,1;
   next;
   mes "[Wise Old Woman]";
   mes "While I have managed to remove the cards from the item, they were destroyed in the process. The item, however, is okay.";
   close;

FAILREMOVECARD2:
   failedremovecards @part,2;
   next;
   mes "[Wise Old Woman]";
   mes "Most unfortunate. I succeeded at removing the cards, but the item itself was destroyed in the process.";
   close;

FAILREMOVECARD3:
   failedremovecards @part,3;
   next;
   mes "[Wise Old Woman]";
   mes "I have failed to remove the cards. Luckily, however, both the item and the cards are still okay.";
   close;

this is the default script. So there's a 90% chance of a success and a 10% chance of it failing but nothing will be lost.

This can change though, although I doubt any server would want to tamper with a decarder npc.

Quote from: Sarin on Jan 07, 2009, 03:46 AM
This NPC is probably one of "optional" included in basic RO like slotted sunglasses quest, since I've seen the exact same npc on many servers.

eh i hate how eA has so many random little supprizes in there T_T