RMS Home | Guide Writing | Test Server | New Servers | Latest Reviews

Author Topic: Card Removal  (Read 29147 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline MemoZzz

Card Removal
« on: Jan 06, 2009, 05:13 pm »
I wasn't sure if this went in Server Discussion section. Anyway, the deal is that my server has an NPC that removes cards from equipments and it says that it has a chance to break the cards, the equipment, or both. For this, you need a Yellow Gemstone and Star crumb. My question is: is this NPC implemented only in my server or is it a default RO NPC? If it is a common NPC, what are the chances for breaking either card/equipment or both? I have tried removing cards from 3 equipments now, and nothing broke.  :-\

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement

Offline Guest

Re: Card Removal
« Reply #1 on: Jan 06, 2009, 06:47 pm »
it'd be a custom npc on your server im sure
cause officially there isn't a card remover thats implemented 

Offline Sarin

Re: Card Removal
« Reply #2 on: Jan 07, 2009, 03:46 am »
This NPC is probably one of "optional" included in basic RO like slotted sunglasses quest, since I've seen the exact same npc on many servers.

Offline ChemicalW

Re: Card Removal
« Reply #3 on: Jan 07, 2009, 04:06 am »
It's all in the script:


Quote
REMOVECARD:
   mes "[Wise Old Woman]";
   mes "Very well. I shall begin.";
   if((zeny < (200000+(@cardcount * 25000))) || (countitem(1000) < 1) || (countitem(715) < 1)) goto DENYMATERIAL;
   set zeny,zeny - (200000+(@cardcount * 25000));
   delitem 1000,1;
   delitem 715,1;
// Replace the constants in the next 3 lines with failure chance values defined in refine_db.txt
// First value = Total failure chance (item and cards destroyed)
// Second value = Partial failure chance (one or the other is destroyed, player decides which one is safe)
// Third value = Harmless failure chance (all that's lost is your investment)

   set @failchance,rand(100);
//   if(@failchance < 2) goto FAILREMOVECARD0;
//   if((@failchance < 8) && (@failtype == 1)) goto FAILREMOVECARD1;
//   if((@failchance < 8) && (@failtype == 2)) goto FAILREMOVECARD2;
   if(@failchance < 10) goto FAILREMOVECARD3;
   successremovecards @part;
   next;
   mes "[Wise Old Woman]";
   mes "The process was a success. Here are your cards and your item. Farewell.";
   close;

FAILREMOVECARD0:
   failedremovecards @part,0;
   next;
   mes "[Wise Old Woman]";
   mes "The process was a total failure. I am afraid the item and the cards were destroyed.";
   close;

FAILREMOVECARD1:
   failedremovecards @part,1;
   next;
   mes "[Wise Old Woman]";
   mes "While I have managed to remove the cards from the item, they were destroyed in the process. The item, however, is okay.";
   close;

FAILREMOVECARD2:
   failedremovecards @part,2;
   next;
   mes "[Wise Old Woman]";
   mes "Most unfortunate. I succeeded at removing the cards, but the item itself was destroyed in the process.";
   close;

FAILREMOVECARD3:
   failedremovecards @part,3;
   next;
   mes "[Wise Old Woman]";
   mes "I have failed to remove the cards. Luckily, however, both the item and the cards are still okay.";
   close;

this is the default script. So there's a 90% chance of a success and a 10% chance of it failing but nothing will be lost.

This can change though, although I doubt any server would want to tamper with a decarder npc.

Offline Guest

Re: Card Removal
« Reply #4 on: Jan 07, 2009, 09:32 am »
This NPC is probably one of "optional" included in basic RO like slotted sunglasses quest, since I've seen the exact same npc on many servers.

eh i hate how eA has so many random little supprizes in there T_T