Bold font?

Started by Andy, Apr 19, 2010, 05:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy

I notice some servers have sort of a thick, bold font and some have a very thin font. I personally prefer the bold font however the server I'm playing on now has the thin font. This isn't really something to switch servers over, but I'm wondering if it's possible to change which font my client uses, via a download like the mousefreedom or something similar? Or is there an option I can change somewhere?

Relics

Andy

That just switches between showing the party name or not.

Harabec01

i think hes talking about the text itself and i know what hes talking about
i have seen other players using a different font than the standard, so there is some client-side files controlling it
i have no idea which files though

DarkDevine

You can hex it in the executable using a suited diff-file and a diffpatcher.
TotalRO - 10x/10x

Andy

Do you have a guide or something that explains how to do that, or could you explain it? Thanks.

GorthexTiger

It'd be best to talk to your server about this:

Hopefully, someone there can either provide an alternate downloaded hexed client for you or they can say that they don't want to provide it.

I know of a few server's anti-hacks are very strict and any modifications to their client will make it stop working or it will fail to connect, so be wary and ask the staff first rather than trying to take the initiative.
Read about the "Great Dramas" Part 1, Part 2, & Part 3

Roan

Yea its withing the client its self, when creating a client you have got to choose one of the following options.

-Enable iRO Font
-Enable /showname

If the server owner created their client with Enable /showname the TXT is always in BOLD unless you type /showname and then it goes to the UN-BOLD Thin version.

Watchy

Final

Ah, fun times on RMS~ http://www.paste-it.net/private/u6c168b/   (Added more~)
-- Signature too big again.  You were notified previously on the same issue.

- So? Stop b****.