a sudden surge of players

Started by sineas, Feb 08, 2008, 01:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sineas

Has anyone had an experience with sudden surge of players in your server lately?

Normally, we have an active player count of 40-80 (80s at peak, WOE) but just earlier when we had our WOE the count went dwindling in the 120s and went as high as 130s  :o

I've heard there's a major very populated server having certain issues or sudden turn of events... could that have been the cause?

[color=red]RK-RO[/color] - 10k/10k/10k WILD WEST Inspired [color=red]TRUE[/color] Dedicated Server
Unmetered Bandwidth - [color=red]1000 Mbps[/color] ([color=red]1Gb[/color]) Port Uplink - 24/7/365

Cisco Public & Private 10G Networks - Security IDS/IPS/DDoS

Zone

Whatever it is, it could be a good thing :o

sineas

Quote from: Zone on Feb 08, 2008, 01:59 PM
Whatever it is, it could be a good thing :o
yeah kinda good and crazy... but lost my temper at one point (a very rare occasion) and started sermoning all players... after which, it was one of the quietest moment in our server to date ;D love my players tho as always  :D
[color=red]RK-RO[/color] - 10k/10k/10k WILD WEST Inspired [color=red]TRUE[/color] Dedicated Server
Unmetered Bandwidth - [color=red]1000 Mbps[/color] ([color=red]1Gb[/color]) Port Uplink - 24/7/365

probly the death of some random server causing their players to get displaced and move to cha server~

sineas

most likely...

and oh yeah... it ain't a fluke and the numbers are just right  8)

mark_sanbeda

I think someone posted about a server being down.... well if i remember it correctly it was lenneth-ro or lennethRO was it??