Advanced Champion Techniques

Started by †ensa_Zange†su, Jan 12, 2017, 06:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

†ensa_Zange†su

Hi guys,

From the past couple of weeks, I've been trying to master a few of the advanced champ skills that have been mentioned in this wonderful guide -

http://forum.ratemyserver.net/guides/champion-guide/

Namely the Reverse palm push, Dancing/Cancelling, Sit cancel, etc.

However, all the youtube links are dead and its proven very difficult for me to learn it on my own. I've tried looking for tips in other places but sadly there are no posts/videos anywhere.

As a champion player, I feel that these techniques will soon be a lost art and that is why I would like to have your help in learning them.

If there is anyone out there who has a working link to these videos or who knows how to perform these techniques, your reply would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Blinzer

relics used to make vids but only has 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEj3rRKfCl8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2H03VPucII

i considered this the standard back in the day, you guys are wik

†ensa_Zange†su

Yep. I came across those videos while browsing his channel.

What I'm trying to learn is how to knock someone out of a corner using palm push strike

Unfortunately there isn't any thing that explains that manoeuvre..

Blinzer

Quote from: †ensa_Zange†su on Jan 13, 2017, 07:51 AM

What I'm trying to learn is how to knock someone out of a corner using palm push strike

https://gfycat.com/MassiveIllIrrawaddydolphin

†ensa_Zange†su

Quote from: Blinzer on Jan 14, 2017, 12:19 AM
https://gfycat.com/MassiveIllIrrawaddydolphin

YES ! That is exactly what I'm trying to learn. Thank you so much for taking out the time to make and upload this.

However, I'm still unable to do it. You make it look so easy. I tried repeating the same steps as you, but its not working out. Can you plz explain exactly how you're doing it? Also can u make a gif on how to do it if the target is standing in the north-west corner of a map?

Blinzer

Quote from: †ensa_Zange†su on Jan 14, 2017, 02:40 AM
YES ! That is exactly what I'm trying to learn. Thank you so much for taking out the time to make and upload this.

However, I'm still unable to do it. You make it look so easy. I tried repeating the same steps as you, but its not working out. Can you plz explain exactly how you're doing it? Also can u make a gif on how to do it if the target is standing in the north-west corner of a map?

depends on what emulator you're playing on, but the standard strat is to just use the palm push, relocate inside of them and then have multiple /bingbing or /bangbang on your alt hotkeys so you can turn yourself around so that you're looking in the direction you want to hit them in

†ensa_Zange†su

The server I play is on rAthena. From the gif that you posted, it seems that you're the admin of your server. If that is indeed the case could you plz check whether you can knock out a target standing on cell 21,79 of the map guild_vs3.

I tried using your advice and I could knock out players standing in certain corners, but not all. Apparently no matter how many times I spam bingbing, the target is always pushed to the left. So pushing someone out of a right side corner works, but it fails if the target is standing in a left side corner.

Blinzer

Quote from: †ensa_Zange†su on Jan 14, 2017, 04:56 PM
The server I play is on rAthena. From the gif that you posted, it seems that you're the admin of your server. If that is indeed the case could you plz check whether you can knock out a target standing on cell 21,79 of the map guild_vs3.

I tried using your advice and I could knock out players standing in certain corners, but not all. Apparently no matter how many times I spam bingbing, the target is always pushed to the left. So pushing someone out of a right side corner works, but it fails if the target is standing in a left side corner.

called the reinforcements, hopefully they come in

†ensa_Zange†su

Quote from: Blinzer on Jan 14, 2017, 06:32 PM
called the reinforcements, hopefully they come in

I can create an account and log on if that helps. Since I already have a Ragray folder, can you post a download link for the mini client? I could only find the full installer on your website.

Blinzer

Quote from: †ensa_Zange†su on Jan 14, 2017, 07:46 PM
I can create an account and log on if that helps. Since I already have a Ragray folder, can you post a download link for the mini client? I could only find the full installer on your website.

nah, i'm calling someone who knows a lot more about how to perform the techs than i do

Relics

Quote from: †ensa_Zange†su on Jan 13, 2017, 07:51 AM

If you're still reading this, it's as blinzer described. If your opponent is facing the wall with his back you cannot pps them out of a corner. It's unfortunate but there are some corners that are simply safe to be in as a priest or hwiz. Your best remedy it to keep a pneuma up in the corner they can't be pps'd out or something.

The only other notable tech is sit cancelling. It's been years but sit cancelling was just a way to cancel animation lag.

ie: you use pps, character is now stuck in animation swinging weapon - after the animation is done you can move. If you PPS and at the correct time use sit (I binded my INSERT key to some other key) your character will ready up weapon -> sit -> stand up automatically then push someone away.

To make use of that you PPS -> Sit cancel -> Stand up again -> Move to a cell of your choice

So combining PPS -> Sit cancel -> Move -> Asura would look something like this:
https://gfycat.com/GlamorousSecondAnemoneshrimp

And the same effect can be achieved by simply 'dancing' or move-cancelling.
https://gfycat.com/SphericalCreamyFerret

The advantage of sit cancel is that it gives you greater movement freedom so you can trick your opponent; ie a priest trying to predict where to safety wall. Move cancelling is also notoriously hard to do when standing directly next to your opponent so sit cancelling is useful in those kind of scenarios.

†ensa_Zange†su

Quote from: Relics on Jan 17, 2017, 04:06 PM
If your opponent is facing the wall with his back you cannot pps them out of a corner. It's unfortunate but there are some corners that are simply safe to be in as a priest or hwiz.
Thanks for this. It really gave me some kind of closure, because I was able to do it in certain corners and it would fail in the rest. Now I know better. :D

Quote from: Relics on Jan 17, 2017, 04:06 PM
ie: you use pps, character is now stuck in animation swinging weapon - after the animation is done you can move. If you PPS and at the correct time use sit (I binded my INSERT key to some other key) your character will ready up weapon -> sit -> stand up automatically then push someone away.

Just a small clarification in this part. Do you manually stand up in this situation or does the character automatically stand up? Because it has happened a couple of times with me.. Its kind of like a character bug, The sprite shows me standing but I still cant move, until I sit and stand again.

Relics

Quote from: †ensa_Zange†su on Jan 18, 2017, 10:07 AM
Just a small clarification in this part. Do you manually stand up in this situation or does the character automatically stand up? Because it has happened a couple of times with me.. Its kind of like a character bug, The sprite shows me standing but I still cant move, until I sit and stand again.
No problem

You have to manually stand up yeah