Additional Str or add inc damage to demi human?

Started by annedavidd, Nov 13, 2016, 01:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

annedavidd

The subject says it all. I just need some advice about this. For an assassin cross sonic blow type for pvp tho. /no1

Kyo-Kusanagi-aka-GuessWho

Quote from: annedavidd on Nov 13, 2016, 01:13 AM
The subject says it all. I just need some advice about this. For an assassin cross sonic blow type for pvp tho. /no1
How shall we know this? What is your stats, your build etc.?
I can only guess what Equip you're using.
Ragnarok Online Player since the very Beta. I'm still in love with the game.

annedavidd

Quote from: Kyo-Kusanagi-aka-GuessWho on Nov 13, 2016, 01:33 AM
How shall we know this? What is your stats, your build etc.?
I can only guess what Equip you're using.

Specifically for headgears. There's a headgear that gives 4% inc damage to demi human, and ther's a headgear which gives str+3.

Quote from: annedavidd on Nov 13, 2016, 01:43 AM

Specifically for headgears. There's a headgear that gives 4% inc damage to demi human, and ther's a headgear which gives str+3.
Look bro, its impossible to tell that without knowing your Stats and your Equip and the server rates.
Do you play on a 99/70 classic server?

If you equip the gear that gives you +3 STR, do you come to the next damage bonus? I mean. for example if you have 95 Base STR. And then you have, lets say, for example 12 STR from your equip WITHOUT your headgear. And now, that headgear would give you additional 3 Str and you would come to the next STR Bonus. Then I would say yes. Take that Headgear that gives you STR.
But it depends on your Stats and Build.
You could also use STR+3 food instead and then use the headgear that gives you 4% on Demihuman.
Btw, even withthat, there are better headgears like Alice Doll or Baphomet horns. Why dont you use them?
At least tell us your Stats and your equip.

Blinzer

Quote from: Kyo-Kusanagi-aka-GuessWho on Nov 13, 2016, 10:53 AM
Look bro, its impossible to tell that without knowing your Stats and your Equip and the server rates.
Do you play on a 99/70 classic server?

If you equip the gear that gives you +3 STR, do you come to the next damage bonus? I mean. for example if you have 95 Base STR. And then you have, lets say, for example 12 STR from your equip WITHOUT your headgear. And now, that headgear would give you additional 3 Str and you would come to the next STR Bonus. Then I would say yes. Take that Headgear that gives you STR.
But it depends on your Stats and Build.
You could also use STR+3 food instead and then use the headgear that gives you 4% on Demihuman.
Btw, even withthat, there are better headgears like Alice Doll or Baphomet horns. Why dont you use them?
At least tell us your Stats and your equip.

He said Assassin Cross, and the right thing to do when someone is vague is be the opposite of vague.

Vanberk Card gives 2 STR on Headgear best used with Alice Doll, STR food can be cooked using cookbooks and cook sets while wearing a chef hat. Megingjard is your accessory of choice for Accessory, otherwise Medal of Honors and The Sign provide a 5% ATK boost and will do just fine. There are headgears like the Large Baphomet horns which provide 12% more damage onto demihumans, as well as masquerade which equips in the middle headgear, but these have much less value if you're using a weapon like the Infiltrator which already provide a % damage modifier to demihuman. I believe the battlegrounds Katar is the easyobtained-strongest PvP katar, but I can't remember which one. Gangster Scarf and Pirate Dagger provide a +5 ATK onto the lower headgear, and Mantis Card provides a +3 STR to Accessory. Porcellio Card provides a +25 ATK bonus onto armor, and Aloevera will increase your damage by 5% via Provoke. Box of resentment will increase your ATK by 20, a significant power boost to the SinX class which has low base ATK while boasting high modifiers. You may also buff yourself with overthrust from a blacksmith and level 10 provoke via duel with an alt, but these methods are generally considered getting help from other classes which means you should have no problem if other people team up on you for using them. Soul Link doubles Sonic Blow's damage(25% in WoE), and EDP further quadruples it.

Satos

Quote from: annedavidd on Nov 13, 2016, 01:13 AM

The short answer is:
If the extra atk you are getting from your STR bonus (that you get every +10 STR) is giving you more atk than a % damage headgear is going to give; use the STR headgear.
If your atk is high enough that your % damage is going to give you a bigger boost than the STR bonus...then use the % damage headgear.

Here's the long answer:
STR provides you a bonus to your atk at every 10 STR.  The bonus is the square of the first digit(s) of your STR, excluding the final digit.
At 10 STR the bonus is 1x1=1 point of atk
At 20 STR the bonus is 2x2=4 atk.....
So at 100 STR the bonus is 10x10=100 atk.
Just cut off that last number of your STR number, and multiply that first number(s) by itself; to find your bonus atk.
98 STR will still give you a bonus of 81 atk, just the same that 90 STR would.
98 and 90 get the same bonus.

The bonuses do not stack....so if 90 STR gives you a bonus of 81 atk; going to 100 STR will give you an overall increase of 19 bonus atk...making your overall bonus the 100 bonus atk.

This is how you determine if it would be better for you to wear a % damage equip instead of a +STR equip.
You'll need to include your weapon's atk into your figures.
Let's say you're wearing a Jur [3] and have 98 STR (after bonuses).
The Jur [3] has 125 atk, and your base atk should be 98+81=179 atk.
So 125+179=304 atk.

If you have a headgear that gives you +2 STR, it will make your STR bonus go up to 100.
So your base atk will be 100+100=200 atk; add the 125 atk from the Jur [3], and your total atk is now 325.
So the +2 STR headgear gave you a difference of 21 atk.  19 from the new bonus, and 2 from the 2 extra STR points.

If you're not wearing the +2 STR headgear, and instead have a +4% damage  headgear, you're looking at:
(from the previous math with just 98 STR) 304*1.04=316.16 atk
RO always rounds down, so 316 atk.
So you went from 304 to 316 atk, for a gain of 12 atk.

In this particular instance, with that STR, and that Weapon; the +STR benefited you more.
Though, if you have insanely high STR, that +4% damage equip will end up giving you a better boost.
A +10% damage hat, like Alice Doll [1], would be better than the +STR headgear though; since it would give you +30 atk (from the 304 base atk).

Also notice that often times, the flat +atk items (like Bloodied Shackle Ball/Shackle combo) will give you a much larger boost than either the +STR or the +%damage offered by other gears that take up the same spot will.

So if you can grab a Giant Magestic Goat (gives +12% damage to demi-humans, AND +20 atk at Job level 70) it would most likely be better than anything else for increasing your damage.

For Assassin Cross, you have some really good options for increasing your damage.  Back before Battle Grounds, I used to use a +6 Slotted Inflitrator with a Skel Worker Card, a Bloodied Shackle Ball, and a Giant Magestic Goat.  The server didn't have a cash shop or any custom stuff, so these were all things that about 3 or 4 of us in the guild were able to hunt.
With EDP and a Soul Link, I used to one shot wiz's in bio3 for 119,000 damage.

One hitting people in WoE (and PVP) was not a problem.  And it didn't require any cash investment.....and really didn't use any high level gears by current standards.

So if you have some better things available, like a BG katar or a KVM katar; you should be hitting for even more.

If you have 2 or 3 friends, and can kill the Baphomet for the quest to make the Giant Majestic Goat; I'd say that would be your best option for a headgear.

Hope this helped. ^_^

Quote from: Blinzer on Nov 13, 2016, 02:42 PM
He said Assassin Cross, and the right thing to do when someone is vague is be the opposite of vague.

Vanberk Card gives 2 STR on Headgear best used with Alice Doll, STR food can be cooked using cookbooks and cook sets while wearing a chef hat. Megingjard is your accessory of choice for Accessory, otherwise Medal of Honors and The Sign provide a 5% ATK boost and will do just fine. There are headgears like the Large Baphomet horns which provide 12% more damage onto demihumans, as well as masquerade which equips in the middle headgear, but these have much less value if you're using a weapon like the Infiltrator which already provide a % damage modifier to demihuman. I believe the battlegrounds Katar is the easyobtained-strongest PvP katar, but I can't remember which one. Gangster Scarf and Pirate Dagger provide a +5 ATK onto the lower headgear, and Mantis Card provides a +3 STR to Accessory. Porcellio Card provides a +25 ATK bonus onto armor, and Anodyne will increase your damage by 5% via Provoke. Box of resentment will increase your ATK by 20, a significant power boost to the SinX class which has low base ATK while boasting high modifiers. You may also buff yourself with overthrust from a blacksmith and level 10 provoke via duel with an alt, but these methods are generally considered getting help from other classes which means you should have no problem if other people team up on you for using them. Soul Link doubles Sonic Blow's damage(25% in WoE), and EDP further quadruples it.
Yeah, I know he said Assasin cross. i edited my post.
You almost said everything that needs to be said. And the weapon that you're searching for BG is called Glorious bloody roar and it is indeed the best Weapon to go against demi human Monster. Insane, incredible weapon. With that weapon on, you will most likely One shot most people even without Soul link. The damage is just too high. You can deal 2,5k and more per each hit of Sonic blow on a Player that has Proxy + Cranial + Beret + 76 Vit/High Vit. And I even didint test the Pure Damage equip. It was my reduction gear that I had on on my Sinx, I only had EDP, Wind converter, Blessing, Str+3. No additional Soul link or Atk item.
BTW: The item is aloevera not anodyne. Anodyne gives endure. Aloevera gives provoke lvl 1.

Costello

To summed up, just achieve your 70% increase damage to demi human and the rest are Str/Damage Multiplier Items