A new beginning

Started by bleu, Jun 10, 2009, 09:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xarale

Quote from: bleu on Jun 16, 2009, 12:11 PM
June 17th, 2009

kRO Maintenance

- 3-1 class update is applied.
In order to change to 3rd job you'll need to be 2nd job (trans or non trans), base 99, and at least job 50.

* Job Change Start Locations *
Warlock - Morroc 8 o'clock direction near the destroyed wall, and Splendide northwest environment near the purifier.
Arch Bishop - Prontera Sanctuary
Ranger - Turtle Island
Mechanic - Juno Center Plaza
Rune Knight - Prontera Pub
Guillotine Cross - Morroc Secret Bar

/bo Hello, 3rd Class /bo

Oh wow, so they are actually adding the classes this week.  I didn't think they'd add the classes to the main servers until 3-2 were completed.

Quote- Refine System has been updated

* The test NPC Jenny has items required for refining (be sure to refine at the 'Holgrehen' NPC near the kafra in the south end of prontera).
* You can now refine items past +10. Refine can now go up to +20, but require a unique refining item.
* Weapons that goes above +15 will receive greatly increased effect.
* Refined weapons now increase the MATK of the weapon as well as regular ATK. This includes regular refines (+10 and below).
* Defense rate of upgrades has changed from 0.7 def per upgrade to 1 defense. This includes regular refines.
* Items that fail upgrading from 1 ~ 10 will still vanish if broken. Items refined at +10 and above that fail are downgraded 3 levels.
ex) +13 Katana on refine fail -> becomes +10 Katana.

Aside the MATK being raised per refine, I'm not sure I like the sound of this new system.

Irrelevant

Quote from: Xarale on Jun 16, 2009, 02:36 PM
Quote from: bleu on Jun 16, 2009, 12:11 PM
June 17th, 2009

kRO Maintenance

- 3-1 class update is applied.
In order to change to 3rd job you'll need to be 2nd job (trans or non trans), base 99, and at least job 50.

* Job Change Start Locations *
Warlock - Morroc 8 o'clock direction near the destroyed wall, and Splendide northwest environment near the purifier.
Arch Bishop - Prontera Sanctuary
Ranger - Turtle Island
Mechanic - Juno Center Plaza
Rune Knight - Prontera Pub
Guillotine Cross - Morroc Secret Bar

/bo Hello, 3rd Class /bo

Oh wow, so they are actually adding the classes this week.  I didn't think they'd add the classes to the main servers until 3-2 were completed.

Quote- Refine System has been updated

* The test NPC Jenny has items required for refining (be sure to refine at the 'Holgrehen' NPC near the kafra in the south end of prontera).
* You can now refine items past +10. Refine can now go up to +20, but require a unique refining item.
* Weapons that goes above +15 will receive greatly increased effect.
* Refined weapons now increase the MATK of the weapon as well as regular ATK. This includes regular refines (+10 and below).
* Defense rate of upgrades has changed from 0.7 def per upgrade to 1 defense. This includes regular refines.
* Items that fail upgrading from 1 ~ 10 will still vanish if broken. Items refined at +10 and above that fail are downgraded 3 levels.
ex) +13 Katana on refine fail -> becomes +10 Katana.

Aside the MATK being raised per refine, I'm not sure I like the sound of this new system.

Losing a few levels is definitively better than losing the weapon. I don't see why there's a need to keep the breaking system at 1 ~ 10. Doing the "derefinement" of the weapon on all 7 ~ 20 would make it easier on players to get decently-geared as weapons/armors could be refined while being fully carded.

Then again, I assume Gravity wants to prevent an overflow of overrefiened gears. +7 will surely remain the lucky number for most people.