3rd Classes

Started by Konata, May 15, 2011, 12:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gankz

I like em. Most private servers can't get them right at all because well there are many different versions of renewal for each official, so it's a bit hard to get concrete information on how renewal specifically works. Though looking at iRO for example I feel like they can be a lot of fun. I have a Geneticist on iRO and so far I'm really enjoying the experience of playing it. Yes they are broken. Yes they change the game in ridiculous ways...but when it comes down to it, it's just about having fun, y'know.

Vincentfx3

I like 3rd classes too. Before the 3rd classes were implemented, there's only 4 classes that can kill in PVP/GVG which are the champion, whitesmith, creator and assassin cross. You can add the 2 mage classes on the list depending on how many GTB cards are on your server or how the server you're playing on handles the GTB card. The rest of the class just can't kill any "hurry potter" player lol. You know those who spam recovery items or uses berries a lot.

Trans server are just boring, you'll see the same stuff over and over again. Creator acid bombing just about anything and everyone, assassin cross 1 hitting everthing wth edp, link and sonic blow, whitemsith spamming cart termination and champion asura, berry or anything to replenish his hp/sp then asura again. Wow, seriously boring. Everthing a lord knight can do, an assassin cross can do better. From killing to emp breaking.

Playing Lord Knights and sniper or any other classes makes you feel useless because you can't kill anything and all paladin can do is just be a meat shield with devotion. Stalkers are just strippers, even if you strip all their equips, you still can't kill them even if you spam bowling bash as long as they know what they're doing. A high priest with assumptio is just too much for a stalker to kill.

As you can see, imbalances are always there in Ragnarok with or without 3rd class. But with 3rd class, it's more fun because every class can actually win. There's more skill to use that adds more strategy to the game like shadow form, white imprisonment, reverbration, gx poisons, death bound, windmill, runes, cursed circle, diamond dust, etc...

Though I would agree that renewal Spiral Pierce is just crazy but I have read on iRO forum that it will be nerf in the future.
Overall I like 3rd jobs but I only played them on private servers with pre-renewal mechanics. I like some renewal changes too except the spiral pierce one.

That said, I prefer servers with 3rd Jobs with pre-renewal spiral pierce like ValhallaRO.
Looking for a high rate server with official 3rd job level cap (150/50) and no donation items? Try ValhallaRO

http://valhallaro.webs.com/serverinformation.htm

nightshade

from my view renewal just ruined the way ro was played >.< i never liked renewal & never will.

Ace

3rd jobs are cool only if the developers can balanced it in your server. Because for me, the default skills of the 3rd job class is waaaaaaay to imbalanced. 1 skill can kill a guild!  :o

But their sprites are cool!

Kaezar

It's been a year since this topic and I was just wondering as to how the general sentiment towards third jobs/renewal has changed. (Not making a new topic so we can compare.) Even iRO made significant balance changes, now we have rAthena, new homunculi, mounts, etc. have popped up.

What are your thoughts on the matter? How are third jobs, pre-renewal, post-renewal, with rAthena, with 3ceam or whatever else? Which classes are still imba, with respect to MvP or WoE? Which classes shouldn't be bothered to be levelled to third job at all?

PuffRO

for me i think 3rd jobs are getting better and most people i bet will be trying something new :)

fluidin

Every self-respecting player that wants to optimize his/her 3rd job experience definitely should trans first. No argument there.

But yeah a whole lot has changed. The really pre-balance imbalanced classes have been nerfed afaik, which are RK, RG and Sura. Post balance iRO seems to have a "better" WoE environment from what I've heard, but from what I've seen of all the uploaded WoE videos, post-re woe will never require as much thought or skill as pre-re.

What has changed is that classes have less defined roles nowadays, which I have said in the past is what RO should not proceed towards. This is the WoW syndrome where everyone feels burst/dps classes are overpowered when compared to support/healing classes, etc, but in actuality is not the case in a full fledged group PvP scenario.

In RE it feels like every class has an AoE skill, can PvM and more or less MvP nowadays. WoE is a whole lot of people running around randomly and almost everyone is able to kill/tank to a certain extent. Instead of "class imbalance" it has become "gear imbalance".

This is in sharp contrast to pre-re WoE, where everyone has really defined roles and proper positioning is required to come out on top.
Quote from: Jeon on Jun 04, 2009, 12:02 PM
XileRo is the only HR I know that has a reasonable PvP system. I did watch the RWC like you said, all I see is people spamming the room like every other gang fight there is in RO.

phranxis

they should increase extended classe's hp
not on par at some moments 

PuffRO

there is already a 2nd job for the extended class, i think it can on par with 3rd classes as of now

Triper

No there isn't. Gunslinger is still missing them[even if already planned] and they didn't "update"[I call the updates that they made - stupid and useless nerfs] extended classes for the taekwon branch to be on par with 3rd classes.

Soul linker can't level with Esma now, it's pure junk and so they don't have any other way then just go agi/crit builds -.-
Support Soul linker? What is that when lots of skills depend on lv to work and being a 99 means you're insta screwed...

Star Gladiator isn't anymore the king of PVM/MVPs and breaking emps/cades is lame now with one.

Taekwon Ranked is pure junk now, the rank for +hp and the non-stop spam of skills means 0 now.

Kaezar

That just reinforces my belief that from the very start, Gravity considered extended classes novelty characters. Oh well. Are the main third classes balanced now, though (after the post-renewal major balances)? Or is a certain class still shining too brightly?