Another post about cards

Started by natinhoO, Sep 24, 2011, 12:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

natinhoO

I know i know. Theres tons of posts about it, but what can i do ? Each one of em say something diferent or doesn't get a final answer.

Ive already read that 1.2+1.2 stuff. Bout cards stacking up to 50% like 2 abysmal. Bout next same card you put gets the % halved.

So what's up guys ? Whats the right way ? 1.2, stacking, halved %, not of any, a new way ?

I play ro for 9 years and yes, i couldnt have an decisive answer.  Help me ?

Relics

Cards of the same Race are additive
Cards of the same Property are additive
Cards of the same Size are additive
Only when you do a combination of Race x property x size is when you multiply them.

For example:

Hydra
{ bonus2 bAddRace,RC_DemiHuman,20; },{},{}
As you can see the script is bAddRace RC_DemiHuman

If for example I have 1 Hydra and 1 Alice Doll
Hydra = RC_DemiHuman,20;
Alice = RC_DemiHuman,10;

They would add cause they are both Race so I'd have to do 1+(0.2+0.1) = 1.3
Giving me a mod of 1.3

It changes when I add, for example, a property card in the mix.
If I have 1 Hydra 1 Skeleton worker it'd be..
Hydra = RC_DemiHuman,20;
SK worker = bAddSize,1,15

Since they are not of the same class so to speak, they multiply. 1.2 * 1.15 = 1.38
Giving me a mod of 1.38

Unsure about Renewal mechanics, but afaik it hasn't changed (?)

Triper

If I'm not wrong it didn't except now boost of cards only affect dmg from gears since atk now is status atk and equip atk.

natinhoO

@Relics
Hmm nice explanation. Do you know anything bout the 50% staking ? Ex with abysmal. Some say it only stacks up to 50% but then comes someone telling "Ive putted 3 abysmal n the dmg is bigger" '-'

Relics

They're all rumors. Mods work just like how I explained it, there is no limit and no fixed % cap. I will argue that the formula gets rather buggy if you stack too much (we're talking about absurd numbers here that are only achievable on test server/SHRs)

xyuki

Quote from: natinhoO on Sep 24, 2011, 05:42 PM
@Relics
Hmm nice explanation. Do you know anything bout the 50% staking ? Ex with abysmal. Some say it only stacks up to 50% but then comes someone telling "Ive putted 3 abysmal n the dmg is bigger" '-'

Relics actually (indirectly) answered this, too. It's not that a 3rd Abysmal Knight Card would not increase the dmg but it's not adviced to do so. (Refer to Relics' post as to why.)
You rather want 2x Race, 2x Element (or swap any of them with size) as the dmg increase is higher in the end. But it does add do the dmg. So whoever told you a 3rd card would not effect the dmg was talking BS.

Little side note: If you just care for MvPing (hence the Abysmal Knight Card) and you hunt various types of MvPs of different sizes/races/elements then you might as well get a 4x Abysmal Knight weapon.

Triper

Quick note:

1.4 x 1.5 = 2.1
1.75 x 1.2 = 2.1

2ak+2race = 3ak+1 race

Majinken Souga

I think critical damage + cards such as The Paper count as another card damage type, but only use them if you're on a critical damage build.
The only way to save Modern TV: burn it in a pile, then burn the ashes, then compress and burn those ashes, then sprinkle it with holy water, then send the result into a black hole and never see it again.