[Non-Renewal] Let's talk about God items

Started by Cubano, Jun 29, 2016, 02:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cubano

In the decade that I've played RO, I've never played on a server with God items enabled. This is mostly because of the taboo revolving around having them enabled that some players will automatically "nope" a server after reading "God Items Enabled" and as such most server owners will disable them. Why?

Tbh the only one that really stands out as OP to me is Megingjard, the rest of them seem fairly balanced for the amount of work you need to put in to get them and supposedly I've heard it's fun to do the quests (some sort of guild dungeon GvG or something).

Sleipnir is a glorified Variant Shoes.

Asprika is whatever, 30% resist to melee = useless in WoE and tanking PVM is easy enough already.

Brisingamen is really useful for Clowns in WoE and PVM brewing.

Brynhild doesn't have freeze / sc immunity = useless in WoE but a great PVM armor for Champs and PVP armor for SinX I suppose.

Mjolnir would be great on Paladin / Creo, but they can already get 149-150 DEX & 190 ASPD generally speaking.

If I am missing something please enlighten me.

rip deityRO

Zereges

First of all, I did not played with godlilke items, but I did lot of calc stuff and played around it on test server.

Quote from: Cubano on Jun 29, 2016, 02:38 PM
Tbh the only one that really stands out as OP to me is Megingjard, the rest of them seem fairly balanced for the amount of work you need to put in to get them and supposedly I've heard it's fun to do the quests (some sort of guild dungeon GvG or something).
Megins are waaaaay too OP, both PVM and PVP for obvious reasons.

Sleipnir is a glorified Variant Shoes.
And usable on non advanced characters (consider non advanced WoEs)

Asprika is whatever, 30% resist to melee = useless in WoE and tanking PVM is easy enough already.
In WoE, it nullifies sinx, and helps some characters survive asura, also, it's equipable by non advanceds.
In PVM, it also helps. I would say it's as usefull as deviling in global.

Brisingamen is really useful for Clowns in WoE and PVM brewing.
true

Brynhild doesn't have freeze / sc immunity = useless in WoE but a great PVM armor for Champs and PVP armor for SinX I suppose.
Of all godlike items, this is mine most desired one. Immunity to knockback is very useful.

Mjolnir would be great on Paladin / Creo, but they can already get 149-150 DEX & 190 ASPD generally speaking.
I would suppose it's great for devo paladin, depending on what other equip is available.
Player of Phoenix Fury, Pestilence & Ekirei.

Tree of Savior: Zereges (Falconeer-Mergen-Ranger)

Ragnarok break now.
My EndlessTower Video

WoW (Drak'Thul): Zere, Shadow Priest, <Panta RheĆ®> (offline too)

My Anime List
My StackExchange

Cubano

Quote from: Zereges on Jun 29, 2016, 05:50 PM
Megins are waaaaay too OP, both PVM and PVP for obvious reasons.
Agreed

And usable on non advanced characters (consider non advanced WoEs)
Still not really a big deal. The 'best' usage I can come up with would be on a Final Strike Ninja, and even then you can have so many range reductions (or just cast Pneuma) that it's really not that amazing.

In WoE, it nullifies sinx, and helps some characters survive asura, also, it's equipable by non advanceds.
I'm considering mostly SE WoE, where range is and always has been the meta. Switching from a Anti-Sniping Garment to an Asprika is just begging for you to die.

In PVM, it also helps. I would say it's as usefull as deviling in global.
Not really that big of a deal, and they're pretty difficult to obtain anyways.

Of all godlike items, this is mine most desired one. Immunity to knockback is very useful.
Again, great for PVM, absolutely worthless in WoE.

I would suppose it's great for devo paladin, depending on what other equip is available.
With plenty of DEX gear and +10 Foods, Paladins still reach 149-150 DEX and 190 ASPD.
Soooo yeah

rip deityRO

Kensei

Asprika is only relevant on FE WoE and the lower class ones where the people joining consists of SinX or Champ.

In SE WoE you have to deal with long ranges. People mostly drop from either AD or MS in SE, so you need Anti-Sniping.

Cubano

Quote from: Kensei on Jun 30, 2016, 12:20 AM
Asprika is only relevant on FE WoE and the lower class ones where the people joining consists of SinX or Champ.

In SE WoE you have to deal with long ranges. People mostly drop from either AD or MS in SE, so you need Anti-Sniping.
So basically, God items are not as big of a deal as people make them out to be.

rip deityRO

snowblind

Even Meg seems only mildly useful in SE WoE on a champ, and you lose dex for it. Although if you had a bunch of megs, you could rush a guild with 10 LKs.. In BG, a sinx with Meg could be annoying and kill Profs, if Box of sunlight isn't too cheap. But against MVPs it's obviously too good.

If Megs are nerfed then I agree that Godlikes are not a big deal. Useful in Pvm, but still fair for guilds without them.

I don't understand why more server owners don't disable MvP cards instead of Godlikes. They just put them at 0.01% and pretend they don't exist..

Arnkell

God items besides Megingjard and Mjolnir got irrelevant after they started releasing armors with bonus stats on them. Mjolnir is still one of the best hammers for WS and Megingjard give a whooping 40 STR BUT they are not necessary either.

Cubano

Thanks for all of the feedback everyone.

I'm currently working on releasing a mid-rate server where I will have God items enabled (nerfed Megingjard) and the item requirements will be a lot harder.

I just wanted to make sure players are on the same page that God items are really not a big deal.

rip deityRO

Blinzer

Plebs.

Megingjard makes the game more balanced. It gives classes like LK, WS and SinX a chance to make the difference in a highly competitive environment, as their lackluster damage without it makes them irrelevant in WoE. Champions one shotting with efist is not a surprise: it never has been, and never will be, so it changes nothing whether or not they get to pump another 80 STR and do an extra 1/3 of your HP if you swap ghostring at the right time(boo hoo, they even lose 10 dex which makes them a lot easier to deal with). This item changes nothing for them; BUT, it does make a difference for our melee classes, who now become a real threat if they get in range(these 3 classes are much tankier than your average facechecking crew, with LKs reaching 20k HP and having berserk, SinX having crazy natural HP stat, and WS being more tanky than champion by swapping out combat knife, but with much higher DPS).

It's interesting how the plebs think that this item is broken exactly because of champions, when it's champions that it doesn't really change anything for. What I assume is happening is that a bunch of people who have never played with god items are trying to talk like they know what's good, which seems to be a common theme in these forums.

Does it make the game better? No. Does it make it more balanced? Yes. Know the difference.

And yes, god items ruin PvM no matter what. I'm talking strictly PvP, since breaking the PvM in ragnarok isn't losing out on much.

Cubano

Even with Megingjard, SinX, WS and LKs still have no place in a competitive WoE SE environment tbh.

rip deityRO

Blinzer

Quote from: Cubano on Jun 30, 2016, 04:21 PM
Even with Megingjard, SinX, WS and LKs still have no place in a competitive WoE SE environment tbh.

You're right, and I would be the first to argue this only actually changes something for First Edition WoE. The keyword in what I said is more balanced.

snowblind

Quote from: Cubano on Jun 30, 2016, 04:21 PM
A skilled Lord Knight can beat any Fox:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO3Dz2BVQXo&feature=youtu.be&t=1m6s

Kensei

Yeah except Sunl1ve was known for speedhacking everywhere and that might be some low-mid tier GvG that lets someone inside their stacks for long.

Also a Slowgrace Gypsy being able to stay on enemy stack would have more effect than LK. See who drops faster between one LK and one Gypsy managed to get into enemy stack and not brought down in less than 3 secs.

PlayerUp.com