About the "acolyte/priest" class

Started by Helrouis, Jun 13, 2008, 01:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Helrouis

Quote from: Scars on Jun 19, 2008, 09:49 AM
You can reduce experience of undead monsters.

Btw, Book of dead, 10% coma  ;D

I think the whole Coma thing is a failure and total mess, since when its fine for battles in mmorpg to win/lose based on pure luck?

Ledger of death owns. /heh But yea, 20% chance to drop this item is seriously nuts.

Ansuz Isaz

LoD Book isn't one of Gravity's smarter ideas. xD Even if my favorite classes are Professors, followed shortly by High Priests. Which means, both of my favorite classes get to use this to their advantage. xD So... I don't complain due to bias enjoyment of it, but I still think it's silly. Why give them this much pwnage power? o_O; Professors are the ultimate tacticians in the game, that pretty much can't be killed if you can plan ahead, and High Priests are the tanking gods of the game. Giving them this kind of power is kind of... Tch. xD Anyone with this kind of power is silly, really, but still.

Again. This kind of annoys me, since I know the Paladins were intended to be the original tanking gods. >>; Too many skills for defense to not be intended for it. Yet the High Priest can out-last them without a lot of difficulty.

baseballGuy

Its because the nameless patch is giving out super weapons not only LoD but there are also other super items they released.

Poki

I think knife [3] was the best weapon made in the history of RO.

Ansuz Isaz

BaseballGuy: I know. D= It's a little... disturbing to me. And Gravity keeps wondering why people keep going to private servers, where at least some people try and balance out Gravity's silliness. =P

Poki: ... xD I suppose it was.

Helrouis

Quote from: Ansuz Isaz on Jun 19, 2008, 07:24 PM
LoD Book isn't one of Gravity's smarter ideas. xD Even if my favorite classes are Professors, followed shortly by High Priests. Which means, both of my favorite classes get to use this to their advantage. xD So... I don't complain due to bias enjoyment of it, but I still think it's silly. Why give them this much pwnage power? o_O; Professors are the ultimate tacticians in the game, that pretty much can't be killed if you can plan ahead, and High Priests are the tanking gods of the game. Giving them this kind of power is kind of... Tch. xD Anyone with this kind of power is silly, really, but still.

Again. This kind of annoys me, since I know the Paladins were intended to be the original tanking gods. >>; Too many skills for defense to not be intended for it. Yet the High Priest can out-last them without a lot of difficulty.

That's why private servers has their own ways to balance stuffs. /ok because the new items from gravity really sux. =/

Anti-Static Foam Cleaner

Quote from: Scars on Jun 19, 2008, 09:49 AM
I think the whole Coma thing is a failure and total mess, since when its fine for battles in mmorpg to win/lose based on pure luck?[/color]

When you try to hit someone the game rolls a virtual dice if you did, then the damage is randomly selected from between your min/max, then it's reduced by a random amount from enemy vit def.

Luck? In RPGs? Why, never!

fluidin

The coma thing isn't about luck. It's about how well you can utilize it. For example max aspd Edge LKs, max aspd Guillotine WS, instant cast Gypsy/Clown under max Int poem effect.

It's all about maths. Raising probability chance.

EDIT: Hahas, now the Battle Priests long discarded and forgotten as 'obsolete' can come back and pwn asses.

WAIT WTF? Star glads can use this too? WHY in the world did no one mention this beforehand. Ok now this is gayer than ever.
Quote from: Jeon on Jun 04, 2009, 12:02 PM
XileRo is the only HR I know that has a reasonable PvP system. I did watch the RWC like you said, all I see is people spamming the room like every other gang fight there is in RO.

Anti-Static Foam Cleaner

Quote from: fluidin on Jun 23, 2008, 09:01 PM
The coma thing isn't about luck.

How is rolling a random number not about luck.

mark_sanbeda

Quote from: Anti-Static Foam Cleaner on Jun 24, 2008, 12:47 AM
Quote from: fluidin on Jun 23, 2008, 09:01 PM
The coma thing isn't about luck.

How is rolling a random number not about luck.

I think the luck his saying is "the luck in game" not the "real life luck"