why there's some people who are really desperate to become a GM?

Started by Littlechan, Feb 06, 2009, 06:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Omi

maybe people like becoming gms because they want to help people but are unable to set up their own server to do so?  Or they may possibly enjoy being a GM over a player because they'd like to help people in the game rather than play the game.

Littlechan

Quote from: Poki on Feb 14, 2009, 01:02 PM
Quote from: Littlechan on Feb 14, 2009, 05:23 AM
Quote from: Hakku on Feb 12, 2009, 09:55 PM
I have this feeling before where if I become a GM, I can tell my friends "H!t m3! @nD !'LL f@ck!n B@n y0h @ss!"

;D

and I can't read your post @.@

Quote from: ADDFurret on Feb 12, 2009, 09:21 PM
If your just pasting your resume every time you see a "Hiring GM" topic, yeah your corrupted. If your randomly pasting in other people's Resume just because their resume attracts more attention then yours, your Immature. If you make multiple resume just because your old one is getting bumped down, your desperate.

this is what I mean! ;D ;D

why they do that? o.o?
Because that's the only job they can get in life.

+1 for poki for the best answer (in my opinion) ;D ;D

*Thank You very much for Azurene*

The world is getting more and more broken everyday...

The truth about me
I am 17 ;D
[close]

Auroraâ„¢

This is kind of off topic (but on topic), but I really need to get this out.

Why in the world are the same (five, six?) people posting in every single topic they can find, INCLUDING topics of which the OP is no longer looking for people/the server died, or posting their applications when the position they want is not even close to the positions the OP is looking for?

I mean, the idea that these people are copying and pasting the same, poorly done applications, with (what appears to be) no thought put in to at all is sad enough, but necro'ing old posts, and not even being able to qualify for the positions desired (which is against the ToS, I might add)? Seriously.

» Coming Soon! «

Cielte

Quote from: Auroraâ,,¢ on Feb 19, 2009, 08:28 AM
This is kind of off topic (but on topic), but I really need to get this out.

Why in the world are the same (five, six?) people posting in every single topic they can find, INCLUDING topics of which the OP is no longer looking for people/the server died, or posting their applications when the position they want is not even close to the positions the OP is looking for?

I mean, the idea that these people are copying and pasting the same, poorly done applications, with (what appears to be) no thought put in to at all is sad enough, but necro'ing old posts, and not even being able to qualify for the positions desired (which is against the ToS, I might add)? Seriously.

This is why :

So, they think. "Hey, let's spam this stuff and maybe(000000.1% chance) we'll get hired!!1111122212$"

Descent

Honestly, it all boils down to the fact that the resume spammers don't get why they're not being hired, and think that repeatedly posting it will increase their chances.

As an Admin/Owner, I can say with all seriousness that the ones spamming their resumes all over would never be considered for a position on my server, and their posts would be overlooked if we ever used RMS to recruit staff.

The first GM job I had, I never even asked for it. I got it after a lengthy chat with the server owner(of a server I was on for nearly a year straight), and when I asked "Why me?", he replied with "Because you didn't ask to be a GM, you didn't actively seek it, you helped people at a player level, and that alone puts you ahead of the rest of the candidates", and it's the truth. Those who don't seek the position actively are the ones who really are the best suited.

The one who posts his or her resume once are the ones that should deserve the best consideration, for they have the patience to wait for a reply, which in turn, shows they will be patient in other aspects if hired.

Irrelevant

Quote from: Littlechan on Feb 14, 2009, 05:23 AM
Quote from: Hakku on Feb 12, 2009, 09:55 PM
I have this feeling before where if I become a GM, I can tell my friends "H!t m3! @nD !'LL f@ck!n B@n y0h @ss!"

;D

and I can't read your post @.@

Quote from: ADDFurret on Feb 12, 2009, 09:21 PM
If your just pasting your resume every time you see a "Hiring GM" topic, yeah your corrupted. If your randomly pasting in other people's Resume just because their resume attracts more attention then yours, your Immature. If you make multiple resume just because your old one is getting bumped down, your desperate.

this is what I mean! ;D ;D

why they do that? o.o?

Don't you have to get paid for it to be a job?

Auroraâ„¢

Quote from: Descent on Feb 19, 2009, 11:23 AM
Honestly, it all boils down to the fact that the resume spammers don't get why they're not being hired, and think that repeatedly posting it will increase their chances.

As an Admin/Owner, I can say with all seriousness that the ones spamming their resumes all over would never be considered for a position on my server, and their posts would be overlooked if we ever used RMS to recruit staff.

The first GM job I had, I never even asked for it. I got it after a lengthy chat with the server owner(of a server I was on for nearly a year straight), and when I asked "Why me?", he replied with "Because you didn't ask to be a GM, you didn't actively seek it, you helped people at a player level, and that alone puts you ahead of the rest of the candidates", and it's the truth.

The one who posts his or her resume once are the ones that should deserve the best consideration, for they have the patience to wait for a reply, which in turn, shows they will be patient in other aspects if hired.

+1. I completely agree, unfortunately, however, I've noticed some of the recent staff seekers have actually been considering the spammers. To each their own, I guess.

And, lol @ Poki's idea.

» Coming Soon! «

Mortiik

I so much enjoy reading the resumes. They're so funny. especially how they all say they're nice, friendly, mature, helpful, etc, honestly!

So funny and pathetic at the same time.

Quote"You may strategically place your wonderful lips upon my posterior and kiss it repeatedly."

A92FL0163

Quote from: Mortiik on Mar 01, 2009, 12:38 PM
I so much enjoy reading the resumes. They're so funny. especially how they all say they're nice, friendly, mature, helpful, etc, honestly!

And how they have a perfect english when they don't even know how to write.

Littlechan

Quote from: Parameters on Mar 01, 2009, 01:10 PM
Quote from: Mortiik on Mar 01, 2009, 12:38 PM

And how they have a perfect english when they don't even know how to write.

Like "I no I m not 18"? XD

*Thank You very much for Azurene*

The world is getting more and more broken everyday...

The truth about me
I am 17 ;D
[close]

GM Lif

People always desire power, fame, wealth, and so forth. Becoming a Game Master is just one of the ways said people believe that they will acquire such things, not that they ever do though, usually they manage to acquire the opposite and as such we see a topic about them in the Hall of Shame.

A92FL0163

Quote from: GM Lif on Mar 04, 2009, 11:29 PM
People always desire power, fame, wealth, and so forth.

Stupid Animu Reference
Then he said, "I left my treasure at the Grand Line, and all in One Piece", so pirates from all around the world set sail for the One Piece.
[close]

But seriously, the only problem that I found is that everyone knows how to make events and support players, why do people feel so special that they do so?

:s

Descent

People who want to be a GM are the ones that really shouldn't be hired, in my opinion.

Just look at the gems of resumes from users like Flang, Cayatenoaldaba, dandrew...

It should be common knowledge that posting your resume more than once in Recruitment(not counting the slew of replies after the fact in other topics) == your chances of hiring are now nil.

Dean Stark

Cause making events make GM's feel they're manipulating the community w/ their rules and all ("Dance, puppets! Dance!"). As for player support, in a newbie's point of view, an advice from a GM is waaaaaaaay better than an advice from a normal player even though the player's advice is more accurate. That being said, it just makes the GM feel more in power as newbies would be inclined to GM's than regular players and are very oblivious to their intentions.

Poki

QuoteBut seriously, the only problem that I found is that everyone knows how to make events and support players, why do people feel so special that they do so?
:s
I wonder why a server would hire someone as useless as that.
Better yet, they feel special and they are desperate to become a GM because they're children.  Heck, they can flush a toilet and feel godly.  Believe it or not, the Internet is filled with spamming kids who seek power and attention.