why there's some people who are really desperate to become a GM?

Started by Littlechan, Feb 06, 2009, 06:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Littlechan

topic and desc says it XD

yes, why there are some people who really looking to be a GM, even copy and paste ing on every GM recruiting topic they can found. doesn't they know it will make them looks un professional?

I mean...what's so good about being a GM? I know, some people understand this job. but, I think, most people don't know that being a GM is hard. really hard. so, why they really want to be a GM?

*Thank You very much for Azurene*

The world is getting more and more broken everyday...

The truth about me
I am 17 ;D
[close]

Hanyuu

For power and to make themselves feel like they're better than other players. Those are usually the corrupted ones, the show off ones, the ones who just want to brag "heeey look at me I gm!" It's my opinion of the "Event/Support GMs" who keep copying and pasting their resumes everywhere...and usually bad ones at that. 

Some people can't open their own server due to laziness or not wanting to read all the guides, so the next best thing is being a GM on someone else's server. Others want to help the server, others just got tired of being a player. But who really knows...
I cannot quench your thirst
Because even if you yearn for the truth, you refuse to believe in it.

I cannot quench your thirst
Because no such truth exists that you are in anticipation for.

But I still want to quench your thirst.
Because I am the one the that put you into the desert.

Littlechan

maybe...I can't open my own server too...XD

but at least...I'm not copy paste my resume! =3

The truth about me
I am 17 ;D
[close]

Auroraâ„¢

I really don't  think there's anything wrong with copying and pasting your resume if you spent a lot of effort typing it up. That's what I did, and probably always will do if I something ever happens to Maelstrom, and I attempt to find a spot on a server. I simply add things if I feel I can offer more than what I'm already offering to begin with to that particular server.

Now, if it's the people you're referring to, where they take the basic Name, Gender, Age, Location, Experience, etc., then I can understand, but like I said, I know, including me, a lot of qualified people who copy and paste resumes they spent awhile typing up and getting ready for the servers they're most interested in. x:

» Coming Soon! «

Xeighter

It's a bit more deeper than that.

A feeling of importance and usually appreciate is ensued when become a GM. Becoming someone, whether you're a GM or a really helpful person, both achieve the same importance that all people need and strive for.

Mind you, not everyone will appear appreciative about your work. GMing or becoming a GM is the easier path to gain recognition rather than being a really good PvPer or a forum-whore. Having yourself stand out from the rest is easier said than done and thus there are those who will join any game for the single purpose of popularity or hope to become someone, in whatever aspect.

I think people tend to view things a bit too sadistically or base a reality on personal experience, then again, isn't that what their reality and how they view the world is?

Continue on.

Poki

In some cases, people who copy and paste is fine with me.  Those who are desperate on the other hand... They're usually similar to an immature child that begs for a toy.

What's so good as a GM?  The feeling that you can lead people.  So aside that it gives you benefits emotionally, it also increases your self-esteem.  I also suppose that people don't want to become GM for the power, but for the goal in creating a successful server.
Power is good.  So is popularity and the knowledge that you are contributing a lot to the server (and you're useful!).

A92FL0163

Zelos

Quote from: Parameters on Feb 12, 2009, 11:34 AM
Being a man and wearing a dress, obviously.
Ugh I hate the defalt GM Suit :D Maybe they think they will be all cool if they are a GM. Or maybe their corrupt and want to give items to their legits :o

ADDFurret

If your just pasting your resume every time you see a "Hiring GM" topic, yeah your corrupted. If your randomly pasting in other people's Resume just because their resume attracts more attention then yours, your Immature. If you make multiple resume just because your old one is getting bumped down, your desperate.

Some people wish to be accepted by the masses while others wish to become someone they could never be in reality. They want to be the guy holding the knife instead of the other way around for them. Ergo they decide to become a position higher then the players.

On a Very few and rare occasion, there are some people who apply wish to be given a chance to show you their potentials while other servers have rejected them. It is very hard to obtain a position as a Game Master when you first began. Some have to lie about their experience just so they could be given the opportunity to try out as a Game Master.

Zelos

Quote from: ADDFurret on Feb 12, 2009, 09:21 PM
If your just pasting your resume every time you see a "Hiring GM" topic, yeah your corrupted. If your randomly pasting in other people's Resume just because their resume attracts more attention then yours, your Immature. If you make multiple resume just because your old one is getting bumped down, your desperate.

Some people wish to be accepted by the masses while others wish to become someone they could never be in reality. They want to be the guy holding the knife instead of the other way around for them. Ergo they decide to become a position higher then the players.

On a Very few and rare occasion, there are some people who apply wish to be given a chance to show you their potentials while other servers have rejected them. It is very hard to obtain a position as a Game Master when you first began. Some have to lie about their experience just so they could be given the opportunity to try out as a Game Master.
Very nicely worded. +1.

Hakku

I have this feeling before where if I become a GM, I can tell my friends "H!t m3! @nD !'LL f@ck!n B@n y0h @ss!"

;D

Littlechan

Quote from: Hakku on Feb 12, 2009, 09:55 PM
I have this feeling before where if I become a GM, I can tell my friends "H!t m3! @nD !'LL f@ck!n B@n y0h @ss!"

;D

and I can't read your post @.@

this is what I mean! ;D ;D

why they do that? o.o?

The truth about me
I am 17 ;D
[close]

retibution

My reason for wanting to be a GM on another person server has I think already been stated(I don't post my resume on every topic mostly only HR or SHR servers)
1)I cant make my own, next best thing is to be gm on another server.
2)If I can be a support GM I think I would have access to customs so I look cool, without playing
3)I'm a new server hunter, and I get equips fast(if i don't say myself ;D) and when there no one to pvp it gets kinda boring, so instead of being  a player siting in Pronetra talking to people seems like a better option to me
4)I just like helping people.....

Poki

Quote from: Littlechan on Feb 14, 2009, 05:23 AM

;D

why they do that? o.o?
Because that's the only job they can get in life.

Cielte

Quote from: Poki on Feb 14, 2009, 01:02 PM
Quote from: Littlechan on Feb 14, 2009, 05:23 AM

;D

why they do that? o.o?
Because that's the only job they can get in life.

The truth is brutal. And Poki knows that well. ;3