Which of these negatively influence on your GM recruiting choice?

Started by LiteX, Jun 24, 2009, 03:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which of these negatively influence on your GM recruiting choice? Choose as many as you want.

Is 14 year old or under.
40 (52.6%)
Less than two years in RO. experience
23 (30.3%)
Spamming on recruitment threads.
44 (57.9%)
Contains few RMS Posts.
7 (9.2%)
Is from a hated nationality.
14 (18.4%)
Chatspeaks a lot/Has bad grammer.
43 (56.6%)
Has almost no skill in the area you need.
46 (60.5%)
Swears a lot.
32 (42.1%)
Says he/she logs on over 14 hours a day.
15 (19.7%)
Says he/she logs on under 1 hour a day.
27 (35.5%)
Uses a lot of Internet memes.
22 (28.9%)

Total Members Voted: 76

LiteX

ライテ‐エクス

KillerCore

Is 14 year old or under.
Swears a lot.

These are for sure a no go :P

http://play-yaros.com, Aegis full episode 12.1 partial 13.1, 5/5/5, no custom items, no donations, dedicated server, friendly community, capable GMs, frequent updates, opened on june 5th!, Upcomming Summer Event.

Orange

Pretty much all of them, Age isn't a factor from me, I've met some pretty smart 14 year olds, And pretty dumb 20 year olds.
Though I currently don't run an RO server.
:3

Green

Less than two years in RO. experience      
Swears a lot.      
Says he/she logs on over 14 hours a day

Not that I GM/recruit. But I read people's applications on here. They amuse me.

Orange

Quote from: Green on Jun 24, 2009, 08:39 AM

I lol when I see fail copypasta with stuff like "i cn online for 14 hours a day and have played RO for 10 years, im currently 12 years old"
:3

Sanin

Quote from: Orange on Jun 24, 2009, 09:34 AM
Quote from: Green on Jun 24, 2009, 08:39 AM

I lol when I see fail copypasta with stuff like "i cn online for 14 hours a day and have played RO for 10 years, im currently 12 years old"

He was in RO pre-Comodo when he was only a few months old!
I must accept that Super-Gluing valuable coins to the sidewalk and then watching events from a nearby café is not proper demonic activity.

Amayax

Pretty much all of them for me. Except age. I'm pretty young myself and doing quite well as a server owner, imo.

What negatively influences my opinion/choice of a person when recruiting the most would be how fluent their english is, how they present themselves, and if they are a player what they have done to help and if they broke any rules.

- Fluent english is a must because my server is an english server. So we need someone who can understand what is being asked of them, and give a response that the other person(s) can understand. Of course being fluent in other languages is always honored aslong as they speak fluent english aswell.

- How they present themselves is also another big factor. Whatever they did the first time they set foot in the server/forums till present time affects everything. No matter how skilled that person is, if they were a jackass, there chances just go down the drain.

- What the person did as a player affects things too. Because if they did nothing as a player except whine and complain instead of trying to help the problem, and if they broke rules, again, there chances just go down the drain because a GM represents the server, everything that person does affects the server as a whole. So if your GM is known as a "corrupted" player, maybe they shouldn't even be a GM at all.

To me, hiring a friend to be GM is the best because you know that person on a personal level, your good friends with them, you can trust them, and they know if they do something wrong you'll kick their donkey.
Also friends of friends is good too because if you really are good friends they would know if that person turns out to be something unexpected their donkey is on the line.

My two cents. Personal experienced included.

Zelos

QuoteLess than two years in RO. experience
Chatspeaks a lot/Has bad grammar
Has almost no skill in the area you need
Swears a lot
I would never recruit someone like this.

PETER09

QuoteHas almost no skill in the area you need.
Says he/she logs on under 1 hour a day.

These two are probably the most important things I look at, when recruiting someone. It really depends on how much work the person getting hired does in that hour she/he is online. If the person has almost no skill in the area you need, why bother?

Green

Quote from: PETER09 on Jun 25, 2009, 08:50 PM
If the person has almost no skill in the area you need, why bother?

Because they are a friend, or have a nice chest?

LemonCrosswalk

Quote from: Green on Jun 25, 2009, 10:53 PM

Seriously. How many servers do you know of that GM hired his girl friend and she did a craptastic job?

LiteX

Quote from: LemonCrosswalk on Jun 25, 2009, 11:39 PM
Quote from: Green on Jun 25, 2009, 10:53 PM

Seriously. How many servers do you know of that GM hired his girl friend and she did a craptastic job and calling her a noob or killing her in PvP got you a ban?
Fixed...
ライテ‐エクス

SilverStream~

I checked all the ones except the "Logging on for over 14 hours a day" and "logging on for under 1 hour a day".

As long as the person is a proper person there's no problem, I don't like having gm's on my server that "txt's liek dis" or are generally rude in their behaviour.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hutchy

If I ran a server, I would be seriously disturbed if someone wanted to sit ingame and handle support inquiries over 4 hours a day. Less than one hour would make them kinda useless though. :v

Echoing what others said about the no-skill thing, it's kind of stupid to hire someone for a position if they have no skills related to that position... do people actually do that? O_o

Poobey

I know a lot of GM's who don't deserve their positions cause of most of these reasons then :x. I even know an Admin or two that don't deserve it.

I checked all but the age one because I'm young too, and Probably the experience of less than 2 years one...you could be playing for like 5 years and still not know what you're doing.