What makes a server truly a good server?

Started by Meepy, Apr 03, 2009, 11:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LittleD

Quote from: devilsnevercry on Aug 20, 2009, 03:08 PM

• Capable Staff
  • No customs, if customs they are nothing more than looks
  • More than 1 Active staff member
  • GM staff keeping control of their server, Stopping drama before it grows out of hand
  • Actually Punish Rule breakers

Agree!  :)
but im not agree with the second one
Customs is important for a server too,sometimes without the custom the server will be bored
and for me the one of the important thing is the GM/Staff of the RO,

I have seen a RO that let the GM do anything he wanted,the founder doesn't control the GM and never seen online
so the GM do anything he want and its not supported at all

Flip

A server is a truly good server if it maintains and/or grows despite its faults (which every server has IMO).

Zeel

WHENEVER I JOIN A SERVER THE POPULATION ALWAYS SPIKES, I THINK THIS IS BECAUSE PEOPLE ENJOY BADBOYS LIKE MYSELF.

adhelle

I think that the good server is about the people, mostly those who are in staff.

Metafalica

I think that to have a good server you must truly be into it. You must look at it from the perspective a player does, look at what they need to not be frustrated, to know the game as if this is the first time playing, as if no other server exists and yours is the first they played. The ease of play, access to information and abundance of information/things to do is that attracts me to a server.

Stability, Economy, Ability to seek help and the knowledge of other players, active, helpful and dedicated staff.. and of course the kicker being things unique to that server that will keep me there.

Unintelligent players who can't speak a lick of english that I can not converse with deturr me from a server if there are an abundance of them.. If they are in small quantities I don't entirely care.