Unique Punishments

Started by MrrgleCaek, Apr 18, 2008, 09:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anti-Static Foam Cleaner

Stop being daft, MrrgleCaek. People will call you corrupt if you beat them in WoE, what do you think will happen if you start calling them idiots on global? Besides, bans can be appealed to and removed, but you won't take back what you said.

I won't go into "human rights" because they're pretty f*** as it is, it's your call whether to use them or not. Just think of the consequences of what the masses will think.

Pandora

It really depends on the kind of server you have.

I could sort of see this working on some PK high rate, but highly unlikely on a serious low rate for reasons others have already mentioned.
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to find out more about heRO![/color]

MrrgleCaek

Quote from: Anti-Static Foam Cleaner on Apr 22, 2008, 03:22 AM
Stop being daft, MrrgleCaek. People will call you corrupt if you beat them in WoE, what do you think will happen if you start calling them idiots on global? Besides, bans can be appealed to and removed, but you won't take back what you said.

I won't go into "human rights" because they're pretty f*** as it is, it's your call whether to use them or not. Just think of the consequences of what the masses will think.
Oh, if that's what you meant in being "risky" than pff, the whole thing with players and the corruption fad can be easily done with bans and such, they usually after their tantrum go emo and log off anyway *rolls eyes*. Jeez, I was just trying to have some sadistic humor with having to deal with those kind of players ;-;. And yes, I think by seeing the replies of this post has shown me what the masses may think xD. Although, thinking about it, I do see your point, how something like this can cause quite a ruckus...may cause quite a few headaches in the end ~~;.
Er...what's wrong with me not taking back what I said? And it's hard for me to take games as a whole so seriously...

Quote from: Pandora on Apr 22, 2008, 09:03 AM
It really depends on the kind of server you have.

I could sort of see this working on some PK high rate, but not highly unlikely on a serious low rate for reasons others have already mentioned.
Good point o_o.

Thanks for your opinions to anyone who's replied on this.

Tears of Blood

Highly unprofessional...

Yet hilarious.

I like the ideas to a degree, but I do recognize that these tactics shouldn't be used in any server that is serious. The nuking ideas were the worst. It may bother other players. The other ideas were somewhat sound, but there's a large margin for abuse. It's also possible that your ideas will simply provoke more issues, cause more drama, and drag things out. Not only that, but people may find it "fun."

Better to just ban, block, and jail troublesome users, I think, though there's nothing wrong with a bit of public humiliation in the right circumstances.

MrrgleCaek

Quote from: Tears of Blood on Apr 22, 2008, 08:26 PM
Highly unprofessional...

Yet hilarious.

I like the ideas to a degree, but I do recognize that these tactics shouldn't be used in any server that is serious. The nuking ideas were the worst. It may bother other players. The other ideas were somewhat sound, but there's a large margin for abuse. It's also possible that your ideas will simply provoke more issues, cause more drama, and drag things out. Not only that, but people may find it "fun."

Better to just ban, block, and jail troublesome users, I think, though there's nothing wrong with a bit of public humiliation in the right circumstances.
Thanks alot for your opinion o_o;, unfortunatly (I guess) I've been focusing on other things to work on now (besides punishments x3). Yeah, I'll have to admit the nuking thing was not conjured by the brightest side of my mind Q_Q, and glad you found the decent ones humourous.
But alas...it seems not many would accept such a frankenstein of a feature.

Tears of Blood

I wouldn't, either. I was simply saying that you had the makings of a few good ideas.

lol hey i'd accept it... i find it funny =P

MrrgleCaek

Quote from: Tears of Blood on Apr 28, 2008, 02:15 AM
I wouldn't, either. I was simply saying that you had the makings of a few good ideas.
Ah.

Quote from: JJJ on Apr 28, 2008, 09:29 AM
lol hey i'd accept it... i find it funny =P
Awww, thanks :'3.

Tears of Blood

Yes, it is funny. Hilarious, even. xD Still not a good idea for successful servers, though.

SinX7

let them get run over by a monster lol!
If you are building a computer and/or need help, just give me a PM and Ill be glad to help you!
Quit RO and came back :D

Quote from: SinX7 on Jun 01, 2008, 02:02 PM
let them get run over by a monster lol!

lol does an RSX squishing em in jail count?
XD cause i've seen that

lrellok

i came up with this idea while playing  server with a DB problem.  the admins had said that DB where not to be used anywhere but in the DB arena, but never disabled them on the field maps.  So you would walk out of pront and straight into a biolab MVP some fool had BBed there.  It got really bad, one weekend the only city exits not MVP camped was hugel and alberta, and every field map had a couple of mini bosses running around. 

So the idea i had was that any time someone got cuaght DBing in a Field, they had to server their jail term with a hundred pori pori (agra).  This would effectivly remove all their XP to 0%, but more importantly they would understand how the 1/1 novice walking out of pront felt. 
The most dangerous thing a GM can do is to play NPC combatants as if they have brains, goals, and the desire to remain alive.
-Abulafia from WOTC boards

I have not failed, I have simply found 10,000 ways that don't work. -Thomas Edison

lol thats pretty cool =P
but i think it'd lag their computers to such a hard core degree that they might never log in again XD

Aragorn

hey what are all these stupid f*** scribbles on your test?
OH BAKA SENSEI THAT'S NIHONGO

RULE 1:
Every post that disagrees to the previous to Aragorn is a flame or insult.

Mamimi

I remember the first server I played on[it was a horrible server x.x] had an 'auto-bot hunter' system. When you were out leveling, if you killed the same monster more then 10 times in a row or were leveling too quickly, a chatbox would pop up. You had to type in some numbers or letters that showed in the dialog box within 10 seconds, or it would /kill you and make a broadcast "___ was caught botting! Shame on them!" There was also an NPC in town that told you who's been caught. It was an okay idea, but not really x.x