Question about the GM "kinds"

Started by ~~T~~, Jul 24, 2008, 11:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rehael

Dear, it will never happen :l
The Greatest Server is in preparation phase : http://valiantro.com
Setting the standard so high the other servers will look like noob stuff. ;)

fluidin

Hmm yC, I have always been aware of the impact of PR and advertising can have in RO. Looks like you're the 1st person to agree with me.

However, do note that adv =/= PR. And PR, at its full spectrum of duties, can surpass that of adv easily, it's probably even heavier than duties of an event GM.

A tip to all of you. Are your players complaining about the server and GMs being corrupted while they're really not? Misunderstandings due to frequent DCs and lags while you're upgrading the server? A PR executive can solve that problem, albeit not easily.

PR has always been the bridge between corporate management, and the public; the client. It is no wonder most servers do not do well with the absence of such a bridge. Most servers which do well has something of this sort, like a social GM to bridge the gap.
Quote from: Jeon on Jun 04, 2009, 12:02 PM
XileRo is the only HR I know that has a reasonable PvP system. I did watch the RWC like you said, all I see is people spamming the room like every other gang fight there is in RO.

Pandora

I guess I had not seen it that way, but what yc says makes sense, still, I can do the advertisement myself. As for asking players in game to vote, we all pitch in for that, usually when I leave after having been in game for support or event I say farewell to the players and remind them to vote.

We have a social position gm of sort, we called it "Player Relation Manager" because the main issues usually occur between 2 or a group of players, not between players and gm, at least not in our experience. For communication about maintenance and such I do that myself, before starting a maintenance I'll broadcast about it.
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to find out more about heRO![/color]

Wyvern Court

Well, here is my position in Advertising GM's. They should not be made a GM in-game unless they only do the advertising as a side task. Advertising and premoting should be up to ALL of the GM's on the server. Just one person though should go beyond that. In-game though they should be hired as an Event GM or Support GM, and actually do work.
If they just sit around and do nothing, then your stupid and lazy to hire someone JUST for advertising.

asdfqwerty123

Quote from: fluidin on Sep 18, 2008, 08:13 PM
PR has always been the bridge between corporate management, and the public; the client. It is no wonder most servers do not do well with the absence of such a bridge. Most servers which do well has something of this sort, like a social GM to bridge the gap.

Agreed.

Quote from: Zairik on Sep 17, 2008, 02:15 PM
Re: What does "GM" really mean to you?

I would have liked it to mean Game Mediator, as in a mediator between the admin and the players.

noun
a negotiator who acts as a link between parties
one that works to effect reconciliation, settlement, or compromise
between parties at variance
one who intervenes between two persons who are at variance, with a view to reconcile them.

But now I simply refer to my GM's as "staff".

However this has little if anything to do with "advertisement".  What I've noticed from most (not all) servers who have advertisement staff is that they're specifically there to spam up anything they can on other server's forums or youtube or elsewhere.  We've had countless servers spam our forums with their links, it's quite annoying.