Player Attitudes

Started by Razzles, Apr 21, 2013, 01:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lokomotioz

my character was sent out to jail.. How will i know how much time left for me to get out?

Jessie Rocket

In theory, if your server has this command, it's :

@jailtime : to display the time remaining in jail

kmart

i'll mannered actions shouldn't be tolerated in a server. that is one of the reason why players leave a server because of too much toxic on community.

NeoLazarus

The users only have as much right to respect you as your intellect reaches.  If you're an idiot, the players deserve to tell you to fuck off.

Eluminare

Quote from: Razzles on Apr 21, 2013, 01:25 PM
Well, I've been a player for almost my entire life as a player in RO and just got a the opportunity to become a GM in a server. (Well, they are eating up my patience and might became a MORE STRICTER GM because of this)

I'm getting a bad one, its barely my first time to experience this from a HR server.

I had met some few people who are nice, but most of them are fvck as hell.

Been a GM on a Mid Rate and in game moderator on a LR but never experienced something like this only on a HR.

So, does the player attitudes vary on the type of the server you have? LR/MR/HR/SHR? In your opinion guys.

OT:
Spoiler
Well, here's my background in RO, been playing A LOT of LR/MR servers in my entire RO life (yes the official ones when I first played, but wasn't able to be that active) and most of them are friendly, of course those badass, b*tches, troublemakers are there, but you won't see much, but now, in my current server. Played a HR one because of a friend but played one individually and had a good experience. I'm a GM recently on a HR type of server, fvck these people are damn crazy, they are like spamming @request with trash talks to the GMs, badmouthing and such and especially to those freebies, and when you entertain them they will like, reply you with s*** responses. And when you make a damn mistake on @broadcast or /nb they will spam @request saying WTF?, <insert foul word here>, trash talking you, cursing you to death and when I said sorry on @bc or /nb one said "HEY DON'T EVER MAKE THAT MISTAKE AGAIN OKAY? OR ELSE. And I was like WTF? Seriously?

Because of this, decided to make this thread to get some ideas about player attitudes.
[close]

I know it's the old topic but I - honestly - know this feeling. Back then, when I finally achieved my current position, I was really hyper and I trully wanted to give some input into the server. Hosting events, being active and kind to the community, speaking to them in a polite way, trying to make "friends" not "enemies", trying to see every player as an individual person.. but the longer I was on my position the more I felt like it's not as colorful as everyone is expecting. Players are rude sometimes, they will stab you in your back even tho you are trying to help them. I don't trust anyone beside the GM team at the moment and I'm looking carefully in every case because - even if you want to help - you can turn yourself around and finish as this "shi**y GM" that everyone around hates..
Eluminare van Rijn - the honest review maker

Amdusias

Removed By User

Yrgav

Quote from: Amdusias on Sep 28, 2016, 02:33 PM
I'm not sure how many GMs have experienced the following, but another thing I've noticed in the server I GM for is kinda odd, to say the least. Playing as a "legit character" seems to be anathema to some, mainly in the sometimes-toxic WoE scene. Whoever I associate with becomes the subject of wild speculation and mud-slinging. And it's not like the server has a history of cheating GMs either, the last one to have been banned for it was 2009, and we're all carefully monitored. I'm not sure if others have experienced this, but... If we can't play the game normally like any other person, why would we spend countless hours developing it and creating content?

I've had that happen with me when I wasn't even playing any kind of legit character: PvE, PvP, or WoE.

Blinzer

Quote from: Amdusias on Sep 28, 2016, 02:33 PM
I know the exact same feeling. Some players can be very friendly, helpful and grateful. However, quite a lot of them can be toxic and borderline cruel towards GMs. The smallest mistake on the GM's part, even one that has no real impact, and some players will take the opportunity to jump at you like rabid hyenas.

I'm not sure how many GMs have experienced the following, but another thing I've noticed in the server I GM for is kinda odd, to say the least. Playing as a "legit character" seems to be anathema to some, mainly in the sometimes-toxic WoE scene. Whoever I associate with becomes the subject of wild speculation and mud-slinging. And it's not like the server has a history of cheating GMs either, the last one to have been banned for it was 2009, and we're all carefully monitored. I'm not sure if others have experienced this, but... If we can't play the game normally like any other person, why would we spend countless hours developing it and creating content?

./EndRant :(

(And just to clarify, I made this account just now to avoid using my regular one. I don't post often anyway, but I'd rather not have a pack of drama-hyenas waiting for me at home~)

People who complain about admins or GMs having legit characters are just brats who would cheat if given the same opportunity or position as said GM or admin. These entitled kids don't think about how much damage they cause to a server by blabbing nor do they care, so I suggest you subject their actions to punishment according to your server rules. Freedom of speech is a great thing to have until people use it to box you into a position where you can no longer be free, so that is where you draw the line.

Terpsichore

I've been openly using a normal character shortly since the server opened and it isn't secret to anyone. I participate in PvM activities and help out newcomers when I have free time on that character as well. Which is actually a great way to test out your changes and content in actual party scenarios, it also helps you fish bugs and issues you wouldn't discover otherwise.

So far there hasn't been any issues and I haven't heard any complaints. Of course, you can't always know what others are saying at your back, especially when you don't even have mapspy enabled, like it happens everywhere else. If you're open about it and aren't doing anything shady, there will be less conspiracy theories brewing in the shadows.

Kris

I've played LRs, MRs, HRs and SHRs and can confirm that people who play MRs are the hardest ;)
2k21 Return

Costello

Just stick to your Server Rules and give them proper sanction.  /no1
And btw don't take it too personal.