Player Attitudes

Started by Razzles, Apr 21, 2013, 01:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razzles

More than 1.5 hours (some had muted them for like 5 hours or so)

Anyways, some of the people (those who had repeated the same thing) were ending up to choose either perma IP ban and MAC ban (thus, one of their friends talked to the person or the whole guild will be banned too, since they are playing in 1 place) and decided to shut his mouth off.

Anyways, thanks for the responses, everyone, the community has less of this and we had informed them badly, next cases will be dealing with serious matters.

brainnysmurfs

In my case, if someone who has attitude problem I jail them and I will talk to them 1 on 1. Coz I really need to know first why he/she doing that then I will ask nicely not to do that again and ofcourse I will give some warning on it.

And yes most High Rate Server especially those who want "FREEBIES" everytime they join.

SukiChii

Thank goodness I haven't had a problem with a player.
Then again, the server is new.
If someone misbehaves, I just warn them, and they go on their merry way.

ecdarreola

Attitude is somehow uncontrollable if the player is really on rage. but then again, it really depends on how the environment is. What matters most is that you have to stay calm. After all, they're all your players. You cannot please everyone. Just endure lol.

Ragnarok Classic - Bringing you back in time
An Episode 8.2 Ragnarok Server

DeePee

A mute generally does help. We generally punish trashtalking or harassment with 6-12 hour mutes, depending on the case. In 90% of the cases, people stay calm after that. There's only a small group of people really who keep causing problems. But hey, if they do it again: double the mute time~

fcktehname

Well, In a official server when a GM mutes a player, the player is muted and that's it. but on a private server when a GM mutes a player, the player goes to forum and says the judgement maybe by the GM was wrong. know why? because we have a forum to handle things like this. if you have a private ticket system, and a person to handle that ticket system, that would reduce the amount of drama. here's an example. every time a GM bans a player, he takes the screenshots and gives it to the private ticket system manager. when a player complains to him, he can show him the proof. whereas the drama in the forum only leads to reduction of the population.

As long as there's drama in the forums, the population will reduce and gms wont be able to stop it. /sob

Playtester

On official servers there are just as many complaints about unfair staff on forums as in private servers, except that there they get directly deleted and the person gets asked to discuss it in private with the customer support.

Kensei

Quote from: brainnysmurfs on May 15, 2013, 12:58 AM
In my case, if someone who has attitude problem I jail them and I will talk to them 1 on 1. Coz I really need to know first why he/she doing that then I will ask nicely not to do that again and ofcourse I will give some warning on it.

And yes most High Rate Server especially those who want "FREEBIES" everytime they join.

Careful, you might get outwitted by their BS. Some players are able to do that.

Quote from: SukiChii on May 15, 2013, 08:12 PM
Thank goodness I haven't had a problem with a player.
Then again, the server is new.
If someone misbehaves, I just warn them, and they go on their merry way.

Always prepared. Believe me, I never found a RO server that's free from toxic players.
Oh, unless it's pure PvM. Then again, people will always try to find something to compete on.

Quote from: Playtester on May 16, 2013, 07:13 AM
On official servers there are just as many complaints about unfair staff on forums as in private servers, except that there they get directly deleted and the person gets asked to discuss it in private with the customer support.

"Support"

Not even once.

SukiChii

Quote from: Kensei on May 16, 2013, 09:17 AM
Always prepared. Believe me, I never found a RO server that's free from toxic players.
Oh, unless it's pure PvM. Then again, people will always try to find something to compete on.

Oh no. I'm pretty sure I'll find bad apples sooner or later.
I just have to prepare and learn how to deal with them.

Gaele

Well, I experience a lot of trash talks and rude players (I won't be stating any evident ethnicity) in HR / SHR servers. I GM'ed once and they were all rude to me for the reason I do not know. That's why I'll only go online to host an event and leave ;_;

crysiscore3

Quote from: Triper on Apr 21, 2013, 02:13 PMI would say that, nowadays, specially on servers with high rates and made by Asians for Asians, there is a trend where everybody wants/expects free items for joining those type of servers and trash talk is an usual thing.
Quote from: Kensei on Apr 21, 2013, 05:04 PM
While Triper says it depends on the server type, I'd rather go with majority of the players. Where do the majorities come from? If it's one of the country with worst online community ever, well, you're screwed.
Quote from: Razzles on Apr 22, 2013, 04:58 AMKensei, I have to agree with you, I bet this is the most worst community ever and plus of the majority of the players come from the same place though. Some are nice but mostly fvcking badass people.
I wonder what "Asian country with the worst community ever" you could possibly be talking about  /hmm
Thinking of making your own RO PServer?
Read this first.

Kensei

Quote from: crysiscore3 on May 18, 2013, 05:41 PM
I wonder what "Asian country with the worst community ever" you could possibly be talking about  /hmm

Oh you'll know what I'm talking about if you actually play several MMORPGs, especially in SEA server.

Axiom

So, I've been GM for a sizeable variety of RO servers and yes, based on experience, HR/SHR servers are more likely to land you more pricks than MR/LR servers. The reason why seems simple to me: Instant gratification. LR/MR players recognize and appreciate a grind, so their patience for most things do stretch a little further than most HR/SHR players do (Read: Not at all). Some HR/SHR players may also feel that the fact they chose to play on your server over every other option entitles them to special treatment.

As far as enforcement goes, it helps to be consistent. Lay down the law in writing, make sure they've seen or have been constantly reminded to review it, and enforce a transparent system for apprehending and sanctioning anyone who breaks the rules. Gather screen shots, chat logs, or whatever solid evidence you can to corroborate your claims. Enforce consistent sanctions for each offense (1 Day Ban for X offense, Permaban for Y offense) that you, your staff and your players understand and will adhere to.

A system in writing is your leverage against anyone who decides to cop an attitude with you. Avoid losing your cool if possible. If they act up verbally, do nothing but issue a stern warning first. If they act up again, mute them. In a few cases, they'll work around that by switching characters. That's most likely when you should ban them.

I've had to GM on aeRO-Mayaan/Turbo/Keenan, LykanRO, ZetaRO, AstralRO, and my own Cerulean Sky and Chu! RO. HR servers with histories of corruption (aeRO, ZetaRO from my experience) tend to have a more toxic population until you address the problem aggressively. Intimidation's worked well on my end.

Chu! Ragnarok Online - Your world, your way.

Yuzo

From experience, punishing a player is just stroking their ego.

Novus Orbis

Quote from: Axiom on May 20, 2013, 06:27 AM
So, I've been GM for a sizeable variety of RO servers and yes, based on experience, HR/SHR servers are more likely to land you more pricks than MR/LR servers. The reason why seems simple to me: Instant gratification. LR/MR players recognize and appreciate a grind, so their patience for most things do stretch a little further than most HR/SHR players do (Read: Not at all). Some HR/SHR players may also feel that the fact they chose to play on your server over every other option entitles them to special treatment.
Too true man.
/ene