If you ever thought about making your own server...

Started by Mewi, May 11, 2008, 04:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mewi

This topic isn't really for any basic reason,  just for fun.  So say what you'd like to change!

1.  I think the first thing I'd change is add a 30-40% EDP damage reduction against players. 

2.  Disable EDP soul link or change it to something else or make the damage stick and add a poison propert, so that it can be resisted.

3.  Make it so Asura cant do damage to monsters.  ( no more mvp hit and runs )

4.  Fix Gypsy's Slow Grace >.>"

5.  Same Sex Ensembles!!!

6.  Dance the night away XD

By the way I'm not a programmer,  so I have no clue if some of those things are possible.  Although it would be nice,  but I was just bored and thinking about random things I'd like.  What does everyone think XD?

Becoming a GM means you sacrifice a part of your soul forever, be prepared.

Brainstorm

All those are possible and fairly easy to do (all are a 1-2 lines edits).
I agree with EDP bonus being too high, halving it would be wise, but i dont like that kind of unofficial ballances.
About Link, it isnt as strong on GvG, so i wouldnt bother with it.
But i disagree with making it poison element, you would do very low damage against the emperium, which is where most assassins waste  EDPs, to break emps. Also, people wearing half of the possible elemental armors would be strong against it.
Bathory -50%
Angeling -25%
Undead -100%
Argiope -100%
Way too easy to become immune to a skill that is so hard to obtain benefits (talking about low rates here).

Slow Grace is pretty much working as official right now on eAthena.
Same sex essembles...Everyone would make bards to get WoE builds (loki's wail on precasts), and still have magic strings. That would be so stupid to see happening...

Making asura do 0 damage against mobs is also a bad idea, an INT/STR build is really HARD to level up and even worse to find party, so you are taking away all the hard work they invested on it.

Mewi

Quote from: Brainstorm on May 11, 2008, 04:55 PM
Slow Grace is pretty much working as official right now on eAthena.
Same sex essembles...Everyone would make bards to get WoE builds (loki's wail on precasts), and still have magic strings. That would be so stupid to see happening...

Making asura do 0 damage against mobs is also a bad idea, an INT/STR build is really HARD to level up and even worse to find party, so you are taking away all the hard work they invested on it.

Actually slow grace isnt working properly,  I've tested it.  Other than that on more than one official server, they seem to have it different depending on patches,  it's really difficult to track this skill to what it's suppose to be.  I on the other hand think it's best to take the literal description "Removes ASPD buffs and movement speed buffs"  Like Cart Boost/WindWalk.  It definitely should remove those without a doubt.

and everyone under estimates Gypsy's, they can beat a clown, infact Gypsy is an incredibly powerful class, people just try to build them like clowns...  Also ensembles are almost never used because either or is not available, it's all about making skills more useful.  Right now I rarely see it being used on any type of server with or without a high populous,  I highly doubt it will cause "Unbalances" seeing as how you cant do other skills while in ensemble that are notably different from a gypsy or clown.  Not to mention a gypsy or a clown can get all dances/songs with a simple soul link.  Not as stupid now is it ;X?  It's called Loki's Veil/Classical Pluck by the way :p

As for Asura, the mvp hit and runs are annoying and takes no skill or party.  Such things should be prevented as it would clearly favor a single class for mvps. Not all monsters ( I was kind of annoyed about something I saw XD I didnt really want all monsters ) ,  but definitely mvps and mini bosses.

As for EDP Soul Link,  I dont know if you've seen people with like 3+ dual clients to uber buff their Sinx,  but I have.  Thats something I'd definitely want to prevent.  The point of nerfing that is to weaken the already over powered SinX class.  I'm not a huge sinx fan,  if you've seen one SinX you've seen them all.  If you have a faction system like the server I GM on, the last thing you want are people mass dual clienting for buffs and mass killing because of buffs instead of talent and yes I'm talking about PvP here ( the server is also a pk server )

Brainstorm

Actually slow grace isnt working properly,  I've tested it.  Other than that on more than one official server, they seem to have it different depending on patches,  it's really difficult to track this skill to what it's suppose to be.  I on the other hand think it's best to take the literal description "Removes ASPD buffs and movement speed buffs"  Like Cart Boost/WindWalk.  It definitely should remove those without a doubt.
http://www.eathena.ws/board/index.php?autocom=bugtracker&showbug=187
Quoteand everyone under estimates Gypsy's, they can beat a clown, infact Gypsy is an incredibly powerful class, people just try to build them like clowns...  Also ensembles are almost never used because either or is not available, it's all about making skills more useful.  Right now I rarely see it being used on any type of server with or without a high populous,  I highly doubt it will cause "Unbalances" seeing as how you cant do other skills while in ensemble that are notably different from a gypsy or clown.  Not to mention a gypsy or a clown can get all dances/songs with a simple soul link.  Not as stupid now is it ;X?  It's called Loki's Veil/Classical Pluck by the way :p
You need 2 characters to do that this way, if you edit it, you will need only 1.
Still think its stupid.
And if you activate longing of freedom, you can cast whatever skill you want while dancing (except under loki's area).
As for Asura, the mvp hit and runs are annoying and takes no skill or party.  Such things should be prevented as it would clearly favor a single class for mvps. Not all monsters ( I was kind of annoyed about something I saw XD I didnt really want all monsters ) ,  but definitely mvps and mini bosses.
So as are annoying AD creators, teleporting snipers, wizards with 1k matk which kill eddgas with 2 casts of Storm Gust, and i could keep going for a while...
Make yourself an asura type monk and get him up to 99.

QuoteAs for EDP Soul Link,  I dont know if you've seen people with like 3+ dual clients to uber buff their Sinx,  but I have.  Thats something I'd definitely want to prevent.  The point of nerfing that is to weaken the already over powered SinX class.  I'm not a huge sinx fan,  if you've seen one SinX you've seen them all.  If you have a faction system like the server I GM on, the last thing you want are people mass dual clienting for buffs and mass killing because of buffs instead of talent and yes I'm talking about PvP here ( the server is also a pk server )
You have a problem with dual clieting there, not really a problem with the game mechanics.
As i said, on gvg the bonus is only 25%, not 100%.

The server is your's, if you want to go around nerfing stuff, its your decision, but a lot of people wont like those i can tell you. Was just my opinion about it.

Infection

Quote from: Mewi on May 11, 2008, 04:40 PM
This topic isn't really for any basic reason,  just for fun.  So say what you'd like to change!

1.  I think the first thing I'd change is add a 30-40% EDP damage reduction against players. 

2.  Disable EDP soul link or change it to something else or make the damage stick and add a poison propert, so that it can be resisted.

3.  Make it so Asura cant do damage to monsters.  ( no more mvp hit and runs )

4.  Fix Gypsy's Slow Grace >.>"

5.  Same Sex Ensembles!!!

6.  Dance the night away XD

By the way I'm not a programmer,  so I have no clue if some of those things are possible.  Although it would be nice,  but I was just bored and thinking about random things I'd like.  What does everyone think XD?
Alas! You've just created a server that nobody would play. ^^;.
sup.

omg i love love number 5 =o
but im not sure how that'd turn out....

Pandora

When you change stuff, people complain, however if it's like official server you can just tell them to go complain at gravity XD

I agree sinx are too powerful, but they are meant to assassinate, as much as I hate it sometimes, it's pretty much what their job is meant for.

I think having same-sex ensemble would be fine too, as she said you still need 2 dancer or 2 bard so it's not unbalancing.
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to find out more about heRO![/color]

Mewi

Quote from: Brainstorm on May 12, 2008, 12:26 AM
http://www.eathena.ws/board/index.php?autocom=bugtracker&showbug=187
Quoteand everyone under estimates Gypsy's, they can beat a clown, infact Gypsy is an incredibly powerful class, people just try to build them like clowns...  Also ensembles are almost never used because either or is not available, it's all about making skills more useful.  Right now I rarely see it being used on any type of server with or without a high populous,  I highly doubt it will cause "Unbalances" seeing as how you cant do other skills while in ensemble that are notably different from a gypsy or clown.  Not to mention a gypsy or a clown can get all dances/songs with a simple soul link.  Not as stupid now is it ;X?  It's called Loki's Veil/Classical Pluck by the way :p
You need 2 characters to do that this way, if you edit it, you will need only 1.
Still think its stupid.
And if you activate longing of freedom, you can cast whatever skill you want while dancing (except under loki's area).
So as are annoying AD creators, teleporting snipers, wizards with 1k matk which kill eddgas with 2 casts of Storm Gust, and i could keep going for a while...
Make yourself an asura type monk and get him up to 99.

QuoteAs for EDP Soul Link,  I dont know if you've seen people with like 3+ dual clients to uber buff their Sinx,  but I have.  Thats something I'd definitely want to prevent.  The point of nerfing that is to weaken the already over powered SinX class.  I'm not a huge sinx fan,  if you've seen one SinX you've seen them all.  If you have a faction system like the server I GM on, the last thing you want are people mass dual clienting for buffs and mass killing because of buffs instead of talent and yes I'm talking about PvP here ( the server is also a pk server )
You have a problem with dual clieting there, not really a problem with the game mechanics.
As i said, on gvg the bonus is only 25%, not 100%.

The server is your's, if you want to go around nerfing stuff, its your decision, but a lot of people wont like those i can tell you. Was just my opinion about it.

I don't know what posting a "Bug tracker" on eA is going to prove, as they didn't base their changes off from any actual fact just some guy posting with 99 trans on 'official' server ( one of which I am very positive is out of date, which some how i am doubtful of this since so many 99 trans.. )   and until you actually use slow grace you can't possibly know whether something is wrong with it or not >.>"  Clearly you do not or else you'd know there was.  Even after this so called fix there is still a bug with it and slow grace.  YES A BUG >.>"

And when it comes to customizing or any official changes, not EVERYONE is going to like this or that.  But making it look like everyone would hate it is far fetched at best... Why am I even arguing with you about things I would like to see? x.X  Why not tell us what you'd like to see? sigh

blackgh05t

SinX's may be a little OP'd but probably 85% of most players don't effectively know how to take them down.  Shouldn't worry too much about it anyway since with all the +MHP% gear, SB sins may become mid teir single target killers.

Champs, and WS can still out DPS but nobody cries about them. D:
eos
Est. 2008

Mewi

Quote from: blackgh05t on May 15, 2008, 03:31 AM
SinX's may be a little OP'd but probably 85% of most players don't effectively know how to take them down.  Shouldn't worry too much about it anyway since with all the +MHP% gear, SB sins may become mid teir single target killers.

Champs, and WS can still out DPS but nobody cries about them. D:

well WS can be resisted and stopped like agidown, slowgrace,  em quagmire, XD, and they dont have cloak ;p,  Champions can be resisted as well, and they lose all their SP so its a downside... There really is no downside to EDP lol.

Brainstorm

QuoteThere really is no downside to EDP lol.
No? Hiding/Cloaking, Safety Wall/Pneuma, running, AngelingArmor+Aspesio. Cloaking is my favourite though, since people stop attacking just as you cloak.

All skills and builds have positive and negative points, no build on this game is perfect.

Adam

I would prob

-change GTBs magic resistance to 50%

-let gunslingers and ninjas equip valk armours

-not much else...

Mewi

Quote from: Brainstorm on May 19, 2008, 11:03 PM
QuoteThere really is no downside to EDP lol.
No? Hiding/Cloaking, Safety Wall/Pneuma, running, AngelingArmor+Aspesio. Cloaking is my favourite though, since people stop attacking just as you cloak.

All skills and builds have positive and negative points, no build on this game is perfect.

Safety wall resists  alot of things,   pneuma o.O  I dont consider sword breaker that powerful to be a threat X.X

Angeling + Asperio,  it can be difficult to asperio a sinx 1v1 when you aren't a priest and they keep hiding ;3  I'm thinking on more of a 1v1 point of view.  Ah well to each their own opinion I guess o.o'

Quote from: Adam on May 20, 2008, 06:48 AM
I would prob

-let gunslingers and ninjas equip valk armours

-not much else...

Oh yeah I had this idea before as well!  I do find GTB slightly unbalancing x3

Quote from: Adam on May 20, 2008, 06:48 AM

=D i agree with u on this one =P
but i dunno... it depends some ppl might stop using it if it was like that /hmm

Aris