Have GM questions or need tips? Ask!

Started by MastaSlaya, Aug 19, 2007, 02:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MastaSlaya

I've been a GM/Admin/Moderator/Guild Leader for almost 8 years and have learned tons of things that i'd like to pass on to everyone so it will lower those people that run around saying "can b gm plz" and help more people submit more intelligent interviews/applications and have a higher chance to get their job.

So if you have ANY questions at all, just ask me and i'll give you the best answer possible.

Toztie

Why is there an attack cap at a certain point, your dammage goes to 0 and if you go beyond or before there, every attack your do insta kills yourself?

MastaSlaya

Quote from: Toztie on Aug 19, 2007, 06:53 AM
Why is there an attack cap at a certain point, your dammage goes to 0 and if you go beyond or before there, every attack your do insta kills yourself?

Hmm, not sure I understand what your asking?

Glenn

QuoteI've been a GM/Admin/Moderator/Guild Leader for almost 8 years ...

Funny that RO hasn't been around that long. Fun fun.
-- Ragna-Retired --

Transcend

Quote from: Glenn on Aug 19, 2007, 04:08 PM

Maybe he s talking about other experiances from other games >:O
owned glenn /gg

MastaSlaya

Quote from: Glenn on Aug 19, 2007, 04:08 PM

State where I said that It was all RO experience.

Please read through posts carefully next time, thanks.

bentheexo

The way that you speak and type is that you were leading everyone to infer that it is all RO experience. Although you claim that its more than just RO experience I highly doubt that running another type of game server that is completely different from RO will be of any help to anyone. I myself have run a Mangoes WoW server, but it was of no use to me while I ran and still run my RO server.

MastaSlaya

I've GMed lots of different servers, and ran about 4 of my own.  Moderated forums for years, and also lead raiding guilds in WoW which if any of you have played takes a lot of skill, patience, and experience.  Sorry I did not specify.

Jibberish

yea how do u make a server i NEED HELP

Constantly asking the same question over and over again in 50,000 different forms.

Lantis

Quote from: Jibberish on Sep 17, 2007, 02:45 AM
yea how do u make a server i NEED HELP

Constantly asking the same question over and over again in 50,000 different forms.

You spend a lot of $$$.