14 (32.6%)
(GM)
1 (2.3%)
GM~
0 (0%)
Other
7 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 39

so im just curious what GM prefix do you guys use?
oh and by gm prefix i mean the thing that comes before the name of the GM XD

heres some i've seen a lot

GM
GM-
[GM]

and heres the not so common ones

GM~
(GM)
GM >
\GM/
GM <>
*GM*
GM=
GM <
/GM\

there are some more ive seen but eh its late and im too lazy to list em all and yes i have acutally seen these GM prefixes in game before so what ones do you guys use/like the most?

Aris

Pandora

[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to find out more about heRO![/color]

Zone

I don't like using GM subnames.
Guild Titles are enough for me.

Quote from: Zone on Feb 05, 2008, 06:29 PM
I don't like using GM subnames.
Guild Titles are enough for me.

Dx but then its easier to scamers to pass off as GMs Dx

Zone

Not when I only use 1 name, or I could have had the character names set to no names under 5 characters.
Then I could just go by Z or Zone

NikitaDarkstar

I prefer GM, GM- or [GM]. The first seems to be the most common one nowadays (to me atleast), while the second used to be pretty popular a few years ago, but scammer wise [GM] is probably the best as you can simply set up things so normal players can't put [] in their name. (To add it you'd actually have to go into your database).. so thats pretty much scammer proof aflteast.

asdfqwerty123

I prefer having none, but simply "GM Username" is the only one that looks legitimate to me.
I hate being called a master of anything so I don't use any GM prefix.

Mewi

I prefer GM-  =3  For the most part, servers with no GM tag usually end up becoming corrupted due to the fact that the GMs look like normal players.  Currently the server I am GMing has no GM tag, which will be fixed soon thankfully ^.^

Becoming a GM means you sacrifice a part of your soul forever, be prepared.

Majora_younglink

I don't like any prefixes myself. They seem to formal. If I was to choose one though it'd be GM *name*. I personally like using GM guilds to identify myself as one then anything else.

phranxis

Quote from: JJJ on Feb 05, 2008, 01:55 AM

GM
GM-
[GM]

GM~
(GM)
GM >
\GM/
GM <>
*GM*
GM=
GM <
/GM\

there are some more ive seen but eh its late and im too lazy to list em all and yes i have acutally seen these GM prefixes in game before so what ones do you guys use/like the most?

what are this things?

Majora_younglink

Quote from: phranxis on Feb 17, 2008, 01:34 AM
Quote from: JJJ on Feb 05, 2008, 01:55 AM

GM
GM-
[GM]

GM~
(GM)
GM >
\GM/
GM <>
*GM*
GM=
GM <
/GM\

what are this things?

Those are the prefixes GMs use before their name to identify themselves. Nothing big or special.

phranxis

like guild titles?

Ansuz Isaz

I'd have to say that I generally prefer not seeing the prefixes / suffixes to the GM title. =P Mind, I do understand the idea that if you took away the ability to use a certain key [ such as [] ] that it'd be a hell of a lot harder to fake being one, but... Meh. xD I don't know, the prefixes / suffixes always make it feel less professional to me.

Majora_younglink

Quote from: phranxis on Feb 18, 2008, 06:10 AM
like guild titles?

I guess it could be. I think in general this is for use of Game Masters and what other server Game Masters like to use for identifying themselves. This isn't a title mind you, this is a prefix. As in part of the charies name.