Bots, Client Crashing

Started by asdfqwerty123, Feb 26, 2008, 11:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pandora

Quote from: Zairik on Jul 22, 2008, 05:22 PM
Quote from: Pandora on Jul 22, 2008, 02:52 PM
I took a look at your bot check script. Only one question, what about bots with graphic interface? Wouldn't they easily bypass this login script?
It's not the norm, considering it is something you have to purchase.
And anyway people want fully automatic bots, which was the whole point of botting for most people.
Like I said, it's very rare.
I also added some monsters specifically to kill bots, "Death" or "Viscount" or "Demon" (ect, abnormally high level monsters or strong/annoying monsters relative to the area), on maps you can't warp to directly.
If one touches you, it's going to eat away your health seriously fast, but the monster is slow so legit players can actually get away even after touching it.
I see, thanks for the info ^_^
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to find out more about heRO![/color]

Aris

I took a look at your bot check script. Only one question, what about bots with graphic interface? Wouldn't they easily bypass this login script?
uh xkore?

asdfqwerty123

Quote from: Aris on Jul 23, 2008, 09:55 PM
uh xkore?
I do manual checks where I warp people to a Bot Check room, and watch how they react.
The whole point of a bot though is for it to do everything automatically, but if you can get warped then it's easy to get noticed.

Reejuicy

@disguise [monster] (A monster in that specific map)

And go @killable. If the guy doesn't stop, most likely he's a bot. Confirm it by @jail-ing. Then put a pub up saying "Enter if you're not a bot" or something. If he didn't go in, @ban. But if he went in and act liked a robot, then you decide =P.

asdfqwerty123

That doesn't really work well on a SHR, they kill you and fast.

Reejuicy

Even if you get all the def that you can? Like, of course a GM > Player still, they can't kill you that... fast enough for you to die so quickly D: Add spamming @heal. But oh well ~_~ I've never really been into a SHR

~~T~~

sigh bots are winning the war so to speak XD

more advanced bots, but hardly any advances in ways of catching them