Bots, Client Crashing

Started by asdfqwerty123, Feb 26, 2008, 11:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

asdfqwerty123

Something interesting posted on the botting forums, quite a nice little practice for bot hunting if you know how to do it.

QuoteCLIENT CRASH

WHAT DOES GM DO
GM crashes his client "... hide, disguising as a monster, then unhide, then moving."

EFFECT
All clients nearby crash (except yours). Doesn't have any effect on (botting software name removed)!

CRITICALITY
Instant detection

COMMONNESS
Relatively rare

AVOIDABLE BY
N/A

Also:
QuoteTELEPORT AROUND

WHAT DOES GM DO
Sometimes the GM just warp your OK-Bot to another map.

EFFECT
If your bot just tries to find it's way back to the lockMap without reacting on that teleport they know it's a bot.

CRITICALITY
Middle-High. As long as they don't warp you into jail...it's hard to avoid.

COMMONNESS
Rare

AVOIDABLE BY
As I just said. If they warp you into jail you can get a nice "Sound Alert" and react by yourself. But if they warp your bot for example from OD to...Lighthalzen you bot simply tries to get back. It's relatively hard to react on that by macro because Lighthalzen (for example) is a map that your bot might pass without any GM's "help".

Aris

Trying to error the player is nice since bots don't error <3 but it can be annoying for a normal player. Warping to another map I do always. Nuking then raise is nice also.

Zone

I think the erroring is a good idea.

Aris

I know for a fact that disguising in hide then coming out of hide wont error people 100% of the time... just make a GM only hat that is only in a special GRF folder that only GMs can get. Put it on and see if they error.

Zone

Quote from: Aris on Feb 27, 2008, 04:04 PM
I know for a fact that disguising in hide then coming out of hide wont error people 100% of the time... just make a GM only hat that is only in a special GRF folder that only GMs can get. Put it on and see if they error.
Hmm, that would work too.

lol i guess it'd work but some players might complain cause of how annoying the dc's would be

Zone

Well, I tried the mob thing, it didn't work.
@hide
@disguise 1002
@hide
and no sprite showed at all.
@hide
@hide
still nothing
@undisguise
regular sprite

Pow

Interesting, you're saying bots don't error at all?
Divided we stand, together we fall.
There isn't any god that can save us all
So don't pray on your knees, just beg on your hands
There is no belief in this promised land

Aris

No they don't.

@Zone: It's the @hide bug. Sprite doesn't show up sometimes if you unhide infront of them.

Zone

Quote from: Aris on Feb 28, 2008, 07:58 AM
No they don't.

@Zone: It's the @hide bug. Sprite doesn't show up sometimes if you unhide infront of them.
Hmm, I see... I will test that.

yC

even i can counter the teleport one when i used to bot.  I had a macro that stops all bot management and give me a sound alert when the bot got ... teleported / a hiden gm around and other options i created  ;D

of course someone has to be there after the sound alert lol.

Aris

Ya I know about all that but didn't a recent eA update make it so it sends alerts to the GM if someone is trying to get their hidden packets? It works on LRO and it's useful against those that use that hidden GM packets macro.

asdfqwerty123

Quote from: Pow on Feb 28, 2008, 03:38 AM
Interesting, you're saying bots don't error at all?

For this, bots don't error because it simply doesn't have to display any sprites so it makes no difference whether a client-side display file for an item exists or not.  It is entirely possible to using botting software with absolutely no other RO related client-side files.

Aris

I've always had the question. Since they don't error cause they use no sprites. Does xKore2 error? I mean you got a RO client open x.x. Something I've always wondered and never bothered to test.

Mewi

This person does not seem to know much about how GMs catch bots, those are pretty nooby ways of bot hunting in my opinion and I have never resorted to it.  ( I am referring to the teleporting bot to another map ) There are so many better ways to catching a botter.

As for crashing players to run bot checks, its completely unnecessary and it is abusive to the legit players.  Like I said, there is way better ways to hunt bots.

And lastly @hide,  if you are experiencing no sprite when unhiding, the simple thing to do is type @goto player, this should get your sprite visible.

Becoming a GM means you sacrifice a part of your soul forever, be prepared.