Bots, Client Crashing

Started by asdfqwerty123, Feb 26, 2008, 11:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrrgleCaek

Doesn't the client request a time out from the server if the error is just left there regardless if the player is there or not? o_O
And....is OpenKore or w.e able to run a bot without the user having the client open or what?
Could always try warping the bot to a map that would error anyone else but you.

Aris

Normal Kore doesn't need the client open so it wont error. Warping to a map so they error isn't as good as putting on a hat that will error them because then if they do error you will have to warp them out. Yeah you can make it so it warps you to your save point if you relog on that map but then they would have to walk all the way back.

xKore2 does open the client tho... which is why I'm wondering if that kind of test would error it because it does use the client...

Not sure if this is allowed to be posted here but if it isn't then remove this image please.

http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/7295/lolbotze5.jpg

asdfqwerty123

Quote from: Mewi on Mar 02, 2008, 10:46 AM
This person does not seem to know much about how GMs catch bots, those are pretty nooby ways of bot hunting in my opinion and I have never resorted to it.  ( I am referring to the teleporting bot to another map ) There are so many better ways to catching a botter.

As for crashing players to run bot checks, its completely unnecessary and it is abusive to the legit players.  Like I said, there is way better ways to hunt bots.

And lastly @hide,  if you are experiencing no sprite when unhiding, the simple thing to do is type @goto player, this should get your sprite visible.

That's not at all the use I meant.  This is more like a last resort for immediate confirmation if you're almost sure it's a bot, yet they continue to switch to manual to act human when alerted. And the GM headgear thing would work better, but that's something that requires a little more customization than just @hide and @disguise and @unhide then walk 1 step.  My current bot check pretty well stops 95%+ of the players attempting to bot, but there are others who have customized settings for sound alerts, visual client displays, and the ability to switch between auto and manual.  Rarely used techniques means botters are less prepared for them so it's a good thing to keep in mind if you want to try quickly crash testing a botter before they can switch to manual and attempt to act human (obviously not something you're going to use for every bot check).

Mewi

@unhide is not a valid command :P

Aris

Quote from: Zairik on Mar 07, 2008, 11:57 AM
Quote from: Mewi on Mar 02, 2008, 10:46 AM
This person does not seem to know much about how GMs catch bots, those are pretty nooby ways of bot hunting in my opinion and I have never resorted to it.  ( I am referring to the teleporting bot to another map ) There are so many better ways to catching a botter.

As for crashing players to run bot checks, its completely unnecessary and it is abusive to the legit players.  Like I said, there is way better ways to hunt bots.

And lastly @hide,  if you are experiencing no sprite when unhiding, the simple thing to do is type @goto player, this should get your sprite visible.

That's not at all the use I meant.  This is more like a last resort for immediate confirmation if you're almost sure it's a bot, yet they continue to switch to manual to act human when alerted. And the GM headgear thing would work better, but that's something that requires a little more customization than just @hide and @disguise and @unhide then walk 1 step.  My current bot check pretty well stops 95%+ of the players attempting to bot, but there are others who have customized settings for sound alerts, visual client displays, and the ability to switch between auto and manual.  Rarely used techniques means botters are less prepared for them so it's a good thing to keep in mind if you want to try quickly crash testing a botter before they can switch to manual and attempt to act human (obviously not something you're going to use for every bot check).

yar no need for @hide for that headgear. either way yeah there are tons of ways to find bots and get around their detections.

Zone

Lol, I was watching a bot for a good while.
Sineas recalled her every 5 seconds infront of the map she was in, prt_maze01, and she didn't say a word.
That's a sure sign ;D
Then I warped her to a map people error on, no error, it didn't move and not a word was said.
The killer is that when I rightclick and killed her off the server, it connected faster than my client can even load and I can log in.
Less than 3~5 seconds. And still, not a word said.

Aris

Never tried @kick ing them lol.

asdfqwerty123

Quote from: Aris on Mar 09, 2008, 09:57 PM
Never tried @kick ing them lol.

It's not effective.
If I'm not mistaken, by default there is a 30 second delay before they auto-reconnect.
Most of what Zone said in the last post was more than enough to trigger a bot to auto-disconnect.
You'll let the bot get away without being caught if they try those techniques.

Aris

Yar I used to do those things Zone said along with @option. I mean if they don't notice that they cant move then... >_>

Zone

The <aid> right click, but like Zairik said, it was an auto reconnect bot, which was stupid of the person in the first place.
The only reason I kicked them was to enforce a ban on the account, contemplating IP.

MilkyChan

generaly i #option 3 0 0
then make them do random tasks like
"whats my name?"
"what my name in reverce"
"your name?"
"six plus five?"

bots usualy ignore you as they try to warp away or walk

also a nice hint for player moral
#killable <bot name>
@kami <botname> in <where it is> is a bot and now pkable for all~ happy hunting!
then after it got killed like 50 times i ban it
I got cookies...do you?

asdfqwerty123

I use to do something similar before I scripted a bot script that actually worked.

I would jail a bot, tell everyone to come to @go 16 where they could see and hit be killed and shout things at it.

Then I would spawn a bunch of monsters inside the jail cell where the bot was.

He would die over and over to a mob of powerful monsters.

Then I would ban and broadcast it to everyone on the server.

I don't even see bots anymore though with my current script, it's very very rare.

I use a variation of this with a bot check room (for manual bot checking) I haven't released to the public:
http://www.eathena.ws/board/index.php?s=fce2a17409e54941fc0fcc66fe277397&showtopic=157141&st=75&p=1046529&#entry1046529

Pandora

I took a look at your bot check script. Only one question, what about bots with graphic interface? Wouldn't they easily bypass this login script?
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to find out more about heRO![/color]

asdfqwerty123

Quote from: Pandora on Jul 22, 2008, 02:52 PM
I took a look at your bot check script. Only one question, what about bots with graphic interface? Wouldn't they easily bypass this login script?
It's not the norm, considering it is something you have to purchase.
And anyway people want fully automatic bots, which was the whole point of botting for most people.
Like I said, it's very rare.
I also added some monsters specifically to kill bots, "Death" or "Viscount" or "Demon" (ect, abnormally high level monsters or strong/annoying monsters relative to the area), on maps you can't warp to directly.
If one touches you, it's going to eat away your health seriously fast, but the monster is slow so legit players can actually get away even after touching it.

Zone

Quote from: Zairik on Jul 22, 2008, 05:22 PM
Quote from: Pandora on Jul 22, 2008, 02:52 PM
It's not the norm, considering it is something you have to purchase.
And anyway people want fully automatic bots, which was the whole point of botting for most people.
Like I said, it's very rare.
I also added some monsters specifically to kill bots, "Death" or "Viscount" or "Demon" (ect, abnormally high level monsters or strong/annoying monsters relative to the area), on maps you can't warp to directly.
If one touches you, it's going to eat away your health seriously fast, but the monster is slow so legit players can actually get away even after touching it.
Haha, I used to kill them in the gold map, but heck yeah, that was an awesome idea, what was even funnier was when Dewfist disguised himself as a gold mob, and would walk around the bots and watch them chase him.