Guys, Need Help Regarding Sniper Path

Started by Kappa12345, Oct 02, 2015, 10:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kappa12345

Hi All,

Would like to ask where do you guys level your Archer -> Hunter -> Sniper ?

This is my normal route please comment and suggest a better levelling spot if possible.

Archer: Zombie,Poporing -> Archer/Soldier Skeletons -> Mummy/Hode/Geographer

Hunter/ Sniper: Geographer, Gl_prison -> Dryad (If the server has repeatable quests) -> Anubis

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Would also like to ask how does sniper normally go Solo MVP-ing? I've read many topics in RMS regarding on this but I still cannot seem to solo those MVP.

Normally I'd hunt Archer card Set and try to go Solo MVP straight. What else do I need? What am i actually missing here? What's the better MVP stats should i go for?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally, in low/med rate private servers, how do i actually hunt equips like orlean gloves, sniping suit? (I'm generally assuming they're the best equip for sniper, please suggest better equip if you have one in mind)

I'm really having a hard time figuring out how people actually farm all these items. For example I do not even dare to step into thor dungeon to actually hit any of the monsters even when I'm lvl 99. Bow Guardian seems super hard to take down for me at lvl99 too. What am i missing? I'm kinda frustrated because I cannot think of any other way to farm them aside from getting an asura champ(I f*** hate champs).

Reality

Quote from: Kappa12345 on Oct 02, 2015, 10:50 AM
Hi All,

Would like to ask where do you guys level your Archer -> Hunter -> Sniper ?

This is my normal route please comment and suggest a better levelling spot if possible.

Archer: Zombie,Poporing -> Archer/Soldier Skeletons -> Mummy/Hode/Geographer

Hunter/ Sniper: Geographer, Gl_prison -> Dryad (If the server has repeatable quests) -> Anubis

Would also like to ask how does sniper normally go Solo MVP-ing? I've read many topics in RMS regarding on this but I still cannot seem to solo those MVP.

Normally I'd hunt Archer card Set and try to go Solo MVP straight. What else do I need? What am i actually missing here? What's the better MVP stats should i go for?

Finally, in low/med rate private servers, how do i actually hunt equips like orlean gloves, sniping suit? (I'm generally assuming they're the best equip for sniper, please suggest better equip if you have one in mind)

I'm really having a hard time figuring out how people actually farm all these items. For example I do not even dare to step into thor dungeon to actually hit any of the monsters even when I'm lvl 99. Bow Guardian seems super hard to take down for me at lvl99 too. What am i missing? I'm kinda frustrated because I cannot think of any other way to farm them aside from getting an asura champ(I f*** hate champs).

Leveling and gear always depends on what your server has as customs. What server are you on?

For most cases, I recommend anything til 33 -> Gakkung Bow and Fire Arrows -> Muscipulars in Rachel Field 1 | Les in Moscovia Dungeon 1 -> Pasana and Zerom til Pantie/ Undershirt combo -> Orc Archers at Clock Tower Underground/Geffen Field 14 til Orc Archer's Bow -> Stings til 2 Gloves [1] -> Deathwords til Vidar's Boots -> Archer Skeleton til Apple of Archer  -> Zeroms til 2 Zerom Cards -> make an endow Sage and Aspersio Priest dual client -> Anubis | Tatachos | Reset for Beast Strafing against Tatachos or Hillslions til 99/50 using the proper enchants (fire).

Transcend -> Finding a Fairy abuse to reach a decent level High Novice.

Kill an Andre or two to reach Job Level 10 -> Become a High Archer -> Turn in the Sharp Leaves gained from hunting Les in Moscovia Dungeon 1 as a Hunter til job level 50 -> Become a Sniper -> Continue to turn in the Sharp Leaves gained from hunting Les until base level 86 -> If Beast Strafing build, continue on Nagas, Luciola Vespas, Tatachos, or Hillslions til 99/70 using the proper enchants | Else, hunt a Dragon Vest and Dragon Manteau if accessible on your server, usually from Dracos, or any slotted armor and robe -> Hunt Pasana Card -> Hunt Dragon Tail Card -> Enchant yourself with Water and hunt Kasas til 99/70.

I usually stop leveling at around 93 base and start hunting anything I may need for any of my characters in order to reach the endgame. You really don't need to be high level to do your job well as a Sniper (and that job is hunting low to mid level mobs for equips/cards/materials/etc). I tend to max when I kill Abra'd Beelzebubs or Ghost Incarnations of Morrocs when hunting Diabolus Rings.

If your server is using unofficial rAthena settings, you can hunt any low tier MVP by hitlocking them. If the server is like officials, MVPs all have perma-Endure, so trapping is the only thing you can do, and there's the risk of walking too far back or having position lag and triggering a rude attack teleport. To be honest, Snipers aren't great at MVPing when their only use is DPS vs. Ghost element MVPs, and they have stiff competition from Mastersmith for that (and even Soul Destroyer Assassin Crosses...).

Anyways, Sniping Suit and Orlean's Gloves are actually not the best equipment for Sniper. Sniping Suit has merits if you're going FULL Sharpshooting, but I generally just stick with the Dragon set for the flee and ASPD bonuses.

Your endgame gear should be Ship Captain's Hat with Nightmare Card, Robo Eyes, Father's White Mustache/Well-Chewed Pencil/Four Leaf Clover In Mouth/Chewing Gum In Mouth, Dragon Vest(s) with Porcellio/Evil Druid/Marc/Pasana/Whatever Card(s), Orc Archer's Bow + Composite Bow with two Abysmal Knight and two Civil Servant Cards (for Ghost element bosses - Sniper's real niche), Dragon Manteau(s) with Dragon Tail/Whisper Card(s), Variant Shoes or Shackles, Bradium Brooch with Zerom Card, and Bloodied Shackle Ball (or a second Bradium Brooch with Zerom Card, if opting for Variant Shoes). I tend to run Variant Shoes instead of the Bloodied Shackle Ball combo to extend my farming runs, bulk, and lower my weight. You should definitely have Gym Passes as a Sniper if you're opting for the Bloodied Shackle Ball combo, in my opinion. If your server doesn't have Bradium Brooch, you could try to get a Continental Guard Seal or Linen Gloves with Zerom Card instead. If you're focusing on Sharpshooting, Sniping Suit with Porcellio Card, Dragon Manteau with Baphomet Jr. Card, and two Archer Medals of Honor are probably your best bet. If going for Sharpshooting, be sure to use Buche de Noel dropped when wearing Snowman Hat, or Arunafeltz Desert Sandwich if you don't have access to that. My server has a couple of customs that are better options than the above equipment but no other servers have the same items, so I'll refrain from mentioning them.

Your stats should be the highest amount of DEX you can get with the buffs that you have access to (such as food) at a variable of 10 (usually 160 or 170 in PVM), the highest ASPD you can get with the buffs that you have access to (and make sure to add AGI to your stats AFTER you spec your DEX, because DEX adds to your ASPD slightly as well), with the rest of your points into INT or LUK (INT for farming efficiency, LUK for crit rate and ATK when using Sharpshooting).

Hope this helped.

-Reality

Kappa12345

Hmm questions:

1. How do i kill beelzebub? Is it even possible to solo him with a 99/70 sniper? what do i need to do to rape beelz

2. How do i get Dragon vest / mantaeu? I saw the mantaeu dropped from Draco but not sure about dragon vest.

3. Who drops bradium brooch?

4. I often see people discussing about bows? do you think compo/earthen/orcarcher/any other bow is stronger?

Reality

Quote from: Kappa12345 on Oct 02, 2015, 09:59 PM
Hmm questions:

1. How do i kill beelzebub? Is it even possible to solo him with a 99/70 sniper? what do i need to do to rape beelz

2. How do i get Dragon vest / mantaeu? I saw the mantaeu dropped from Draco but not sure about dragon vest.

3. Who drops bradium brooch?

4. I often see people discussing about bows? do you think compo/earthen/orcarcher/any other bow is stronger?

1. Not really, unless you Bloody Branch or Abra him. In that case, warp in, Sharpshooting with Lady Luck and A Poem of Bragi in town, warp out. Repeat til it dies.

2. Depends on the server. Where are you playing?

3. See #2.

4. Orc Archer Bow gets the job done. Easily. I generally stick with an Orc Archer Bow and a 2x Abysmal Knight 2x Civil Servant Composite Bow. That covers anything you will ever need to kill, besides Ghost element mobs, with endows, Aspersio, and Cursed Water. Orc Archer Bow is BARELY weaker than a fully optimized weapon for whatever you would be hunting. As a result, working for anything besides those two bows is unnecessary and not rewarding, in my opinion.

-Reality

Kappa12345

Let's just say im playing in any of the episode 13 ragnarok servers. I haven't really settle down in one yet.

Btw, thanks for replying to all my questions too.

Much appreciated.

Reality

Quote from: Kappa12345 on Oct 03, 2015, 04:20 AM
Let's just say im playing in any of the episode 13 ragnarok servers. I haven't really settle down in one yet.

Btw, thanks for replying to all my questions too.

Much appreciated.

Ahh well definitely ask staff or players about how to access them then. A lot of servers don't consider making these equipment available upon opening so you may need to write up a suggestion, too. Don't forget to @whodrops dragon_manteau/bradium_brooch and ask #main to double check before posting a suggestion wherever you are. :P

-Reality