Scream Vs Frost Joke

Started by t2stado, Apr 21, 2010, 02:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

t2stado

i have notice that frost joke is more better than scream, like frosting an enemy rather than stunning them.. because if got froze it takes a long period of time before they can move,.. but if they are stun it takes soo little time...

how can i make the scream stun longer what stats to put

Gankz

Scream is better for WoE. If you spam it in bragi it basically disables anyone with lower than 60 vit.

For pvp frost joke won't work on anyone with a brain.

A good player will be immune to both.

Relics

Quote from: t2stado on Apr 21, 2010, 02:24 AM
how can i make the scream stun longer what stats to put
No stat affects scream stun duration

it depends on your enemies VIT, the lower their vit, the longer your stun.

fluidin

none of them are better than the other.

both are used in woe to great effect.

scream is to force players to go high vit in woe, and increase your own ad firepower effectiveness, while also disabling lower vit classes, and not allowing classes built for damage to be too rampant.

FJ is for disabling people who actually tag to GR/AR/TGK in woe. spam FJ at the same rate as scream and then even fast switchers will think twice about tagging to GR.

a way u can make ur scream stun "longer" is to improve the rate at which u can scream. get higher aspd, higher int poem/-cast delay eq, and faster fingers. that way u will be able to stun enemies for longer durations, or even stunlock some.

stun and freeze, again, are for different people in different situations. stun a GR wearer and u still can't asura-kill him. freeze him, then u can. freeze a fast potter and he will pot right back after u break the ice. stunlock him, and u can kill him.

good players will not be immune to both, because there are times u need that low vit hwiz for maximum damage output in woe, same as u need people who don't just default ED/marc, and actually tag to GR/TGK.
Quote from: Jeon on Jun 04, 2009, 12:02 PM
XileRo is the only HR I know that has a reasonable PvP system. I did watch the RWC like you said, all I see is people spamming the room like every other gang fight there is in RO.

t2stado

so this only mean that in a high rate sever with 200 max stats and almost eveyone has like 130+ vit ..
scream is useless... and frost is much more better in this case... because i play in a high rate server...

Anti-Static Foam Cleaner

And now you know why hight rates are broken.

Gankz

Quote from: fluidin on Apr 21, 2010, 03:41 AM
none of them are better than the other.

both are used in woe to great effect.

scream is to force players to go high vit in woe, and increase your own ad firepower effectiveness, while also disabling lower vit classes, and not allowing classes built for damage to be too rampant.

FJ is for disabling people who actually tag to GR/AR/TGK in woe. spam FJ at the same rate as scream and then even fast switchers will think twice about tagging to GR.

a way u can make ur scream stun "longer" is to improve the rate at which u can scream. get higher aspd, higher int poem/-cast delay eq, and faster fingers. that way u will be able to stun enemies for longer durations, or even stunlock some.

stun and freeze, again, are for different people in different situations. stun a GR wearer and u still can't asura-kill him. freeze him, then u can. freeze a fast potter and he will pot right back after u break the ice. stunlock him, and u can kill him.

good players will not be immune to both, because there are times u need that low vit hwiz for maximum damage output in woe, same as u need people who don't just default ED/marc, and actually tag to GR/TGK.
Your point becomes moot when you introduce equip-side stun immunity with a dark bashillum + valk armor/BG set

I know high wizards that are pure dps, have 1 vit, and are immune to both.

Mathy

Yup. Orc Hero card will make you immune to stun, while ED and Marc (Seahorse) will prevent you from freezing.
However, ED/Marc are very easy to obtain, while OH is a highly disputed MvP. So in WoE, Scream is more better [sic] than Frost Joker.

Gankz

Quote from: Mathy on May 12, 2010, 12:55 PM
Yup. Orc Hero card will make you immune to stun, while ED and Marc (Seahorse) will prevent you from freezing.
However, ED/Marc are very easy to obtain, while OH is a highly disputed MvP. So in WoE, Scream is more better [sic] than Frost Joker.
No, like I just said, you can get stun immunity without an mvp card.

For Thiefs/Merchants/Swordsman, you get a +5 dark bashillum (30% stun resist) with a stalactic golem card (30% resist), and a valk armor (50% resist). Add them all up and you have complete 100% stun resist without any vit, or an mvp card.

After that, I think only mages can get sun resist by using the same +5 dark bashillum, flame skull in shield, and BG set.

So really, only archers and acolytes are susceptible to scream in the slightest.

ore0s

You never could have stunned any competent Swordsman/Thief/Merchant class in WoE anyways I thought O_o.  Almost all of them have enough VIT/item to stand stun.  Check out WPEs forum and you'll see some great guides.

The scream is for Mages/Archers/rest of the classes to stop precast.  And it's impossible to get 100% resist without OH card on these class unless you want to waste all your points into VIT.  Probably the highest resist you will get is the following items with consideration of effectiveness in WoE;

Dark Bacilium - 20%
Dark Blinder - 2%
Flame Skull - 30% <---this goes in shield, so kind of reverse thinking.
Stalactic Golem Card - 20%
Warlock's Battle Robe - 20%

Highest you'll want is 60% from items and if you had 80 VIT that will add up to about 92% stun resist.  Even if you threw Flame Skull in there, you still would need some VIT to make it 100%.  Unless I'm missing something here...

fluidin

/facepalm

did u not read what i said?

good players HAVE to switch armors at certain times, so under a 24/7 FJ/scream spamfest, u are not going to be entirely immune to FJ/scream. Unless u default ed/marc AT ALL TIMES, and have 100 vit. Which is fine if you build works well with that kind of vit, and u dont have access to gr/tgk/etc, but that's a moot point.

and yes, u do get stun-immune on hwiz w/o OH card, but flame skull shield isn't the best of gears for mxm dmg output, nor surviving stuff when you're rushing.

+5dark bac w/ stac golem - 50%
flame skull - 30%
bg gear - 20%

yes, the classes that get 50% stun res with valk armor are practically guaranteed to withstand stun either because their builds work well with vit, or due to item res.

and i know all about eq side stun immunity -.- i was one of the players to have been doubted at for using flame skull + valk armor + stac golem for s/t/m classes when nameless was first introduced. my 1vit stun-immune high aspd biochem rectified that.
XileRo is the only HR I know that has a reasonable PvP system. I did watch the RWC like you said, all I see is people spamming the room like every other gang fight there is in RO.

Anti-Static Foam Cleaner

Uh yeah with 1 VIT you can still be stun immune if you sacrifice everything else which is usually not the way to do it. Besides with 1VIT just about anyone will one-shot you and you'll just waste guild supplies(pots). 1VIT builds in WoE are f*** stupid.

Sarin

THOSE people are under 24/7 devo. It ain't so stupid.

ore0s

Quote from: Anti-Static Foam Cleaner on May 13, 2010, 01:10 AM
Uh yeah with 1 VIT you can still be stun immune if you sacrifice everything else which is usually not the way to do it. Besides with 1VIT just about anyone will one-shot you and you'll just waste guild supplies(pots). 1VIT builds in WoE are f*** stupid.
Quote from: ore0s on May 12, 2010, 03:32 PM
Probably the highest resist you will get is the following items with consideration of effectiveness in WoE;

Dark Bacilium - 20%
Dark Blinder - 2%
Flame Skull - 30% <---this goes in shield, so kind of reverse thinking.
Stalactic Golem Card - 20%
Warlock's Battle Robe - 20%

Exactly.

Quote from: Sarin on May 13, 2010, 05:41 AM
THOSE people are under 24/7 devo. It ain't so stupid.

I dunno bro...sacrificing Thara Frog (30% resist from demi) and Poop Hat (10% resist from demi) is just asking for a 30k Sonic Blow from a SinX in WoE...Unless they're Assumptio then that's a different story bro.

Having stun resist on your precasters might be effective on a 50 population server, but try playing a 500 population server where you'll die instantly without any VIT and demi resist.

fluidin

if u had played on iRO valkyrie server during its heydays, high vit w/o gr would have gotten u imploded as soon as u pushed up into the range of illegit/valkyrie's stringed ab biochems. and thats a > 500 server population server. actually, if u play on ANY high pop server which prides itself on having high tier woes, you'll find 1vit has its place, and a permanent one at that.

if u play high tier woe, 1vit isn't so stupid. u tend to be devoted 24/7, and enemies who can 1shot u generally don't find it easy to get close to u (guild pack). and u will find u can survive stringed AB.

also, if ur geared well, it's highly doubtful you'll be receiving 30k SBs, btw. especially as a hwiz w/ energy coat. and if you're an S/T/M class, u won't even need the flame skull, and can continue wearing cranial. sinxs can get 10k+hp with 1-low vit, btw.