Scream Vs Frost Joke

Started by t2stado, Apr 21, 2010, 02:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ore0s

Quote from: fluidin on May 13, 2010, 07:59 AM
if u play high tier woe, 1vit isn't so stupid. u tend to be devoted 24/7, and enemies who can 1shot u generally don't find it easy to get close to u (guild pack). and u will find u can survive stringed AB.
You act like in higher tier WoE the only good players are the wizard and paladin.  And if you want to throw in the devotion paladin, I'm throwing in the support prof.

also, if ur geared well, it's highly doubtful you'll be receiving 30k SBs, btw. especially as a hwiz w/ energy coat. and if you're an S/T/M class, u won't even need the flame skull, and can continue wearing cranial.
Clearly exaggerated on the 30k SB.  Let's put it this way, a fully geared SinX with buffs SBing a fully geared High Wizard who's devoted and buffed will make the paladin take a lot of damage.  And why would a Swordsman/Thief/Merchant class wear flame skull to begin with?  Valkyrie's Armor already give 50% + most of them have 80+ Vit giving them 90% stun resist.  They're not precasting, so getting stunned for .0000543 is fine.

Quotesinxs can get 10k+hp with 1-low vit, btw.
Nobody ever doubted this O_o.

Then again, I'm just bullsh1tting all of this.

Anti-Static Foam Cleaner

Quote from: Sarin on May 13, 2010, 05:41 AM
THOSE people are under 24/7 devo. It ain't so stupid.

So they take two guild slots just to be as good as everyone else? Brilliant.

fluidin

as good as everyone else?

1vit does free up a lot of stat points, if you haven't noticed. you would be able to go for maximum damage output as 1vit, and the difference can be huge. also, there shld already be devo paladins in ur guild anyway?

@oreo,

firstly, i don't get ur first sentence. how do i act like the only good players are wiz and pala? what do u mean by throwing in the support prof? dispelling devo? or ME-ing? if dispelling, good palas shld be able to refresh devo fast. ME-ing? ganban. in high tier woe it's a 2 way spam on both sides.

i highly doubt ur hwiz should be getting SB-ed -_- IF it is getting SB-ed (in ur guild pack, no less), it shld be in ur guild's interest to be screaming on vent and getting rid of the sinx str8away.

about the 10khp and not needing flame skull comment, my point is, survivability isn't as low as some ppl might think it is for the 1vit classes.
Quote from: Jeon on Jun 04, 2009, 12:02 PM
XileRo is the only HR I know that has a reasonable PvP system. I did watch the RWC like you said, all I see is people spamming the room like every other gang fight there is in RO.

Anti-Static Foam Cleaner

Quote from: fluidin on May 13, 2010, 08:56 AM
1vit does free up a lot of stat points, if you haven't noticed. you would be able to go for maximum damage output as 1vit, and the difference can be huge.

a) the higher the stat, the more expensive in stat points it is. You could get ~40VIT just by going down from 99 to 91 of STR for example. That's 40% more HP, 40% resist and 40% better potting efficiency
b) The difference between 99 and 91 isn't as huge as you make it out to be, and it can be "corrected" by equips/foods
c) It is pointless to get more attack than it's needed to drop a no-GR LK and it can definitely be done without wasting tons of points on 99ing everything.

fluidin

mm. i'm kinda lazy to explain right now. crank some numbers on calcx.wushuang and u will understand better, perhaps.

eg, vit biochem should reasonably only get perhaps 80 vit max in woe, while already sacrificing much dps. and they still dont get stun immunity. a decent alliance with stringed dazzlers will still stun an 80vit build enough for it to be more than annoying. a 99-99-25 build, with 190aspd is a hell lot of dps more than what a vit biochem can achieve. from 2 ab/s to perhaps 4 ab/s.

a) thats efficiency you dont need, not when ur devoted. and 40% res? u mean stun res perhaps? dark bac + VA gives u 100% anw, which was previously mentioned. and its +80% potting efficiency. also note that having 1vit means u will actually be allowing ur devoter to tank much better when you're targeted by stringed AB.
b) ? people do go for maximum dmg output for a reason. 'correcting' stats with eq/food is a moot point. u could add those to ur already high stats to boost them even higher. and i could use ur point A to argue this, lol. +10 food is much more stat-efficient at 120 str, then say, 100 str.
c)this point doesnt make sense, lol. 1vit differs in value across all different classes, and in some cases, variations of class roles. dark bac combo, for one, is mostly used on 2 classes, if it wasn't just used as a general stun res headgear (hwiz).

-agi sinx
-agi biochem

both benefit from DPS, namely grimtooth DPS and AB DPS, which means dropping enemies faster. i dont rly see whr ur no-GR LK argument comes into this.

and i really do have to make this clear. one of the biggest advantages to being 1vit is the ability to tank stringed AB, which is practically impossible at mid-high vit w/o gr. i'm fairly certain most ppl on this forum haven't encountered enemies which use 5 or more stringed biochems with NO regard for saving supplies. u rly need to experience it to understand how fearsome it is.
XileRo is the only HR I know that has a reasonable PvP system. I did watch the RWC like you said, all I see is people spamming the room like every other gang fight there is in RO.

chryses

Scream is very effective WoE/PvP wise, as many wear Unfrozen/ED then again some have higher VIT to counter the stun effect of Scream, but really. 1 second of being Stun makes a huge difference.

Mathy

People will be wearing GR when they are about to get hit by Asura.
Know that and use Frost Joke as soon as your guild champion's punch is charged.

mahawirasd

basically what mathy said...
most ppl who goes to WOE knows that they need vit for survivability, meaning more stun resists and less stun duration...

they also know that SG and FJ can kill them, so they must tag ED or MARC.

BUT with FJ spam being there, you can really weed out those who are wearing and those who don't, meaning your guild mates can then focus on those who are wearing ED and MARC which means no GR which means prime targets for AD and asura. And the second those ppl decide to tag GR, they get frozen as long as you spam FJ enough and get lucky enough...

so overall i would say that gravity gimped dancers and they made bards more useful in general...

-w-

kamikozave

Quote from: Gankz on May 12, 2010, 01:02 PM
Quote from: Mathy on May 12, 2010, 12:55 PM
Yup. Orc Hero card will make you immune to stun, while ED and Marc (Seahorse) will prevent you from freezing.
However, ED/Marc are very easy to obtain, while OH is a highly disputed MvP. So in WoE, Scream is more better [sic] than Frost Joker.
No, like I just said, you can get stun immunity without an mvp card.

For Thiefs/Merchants/Swordsman, you get a +5 dark bashillum (30% stun resist) with a stalactic golem card (30% resist), and a valk armor (50% resist). Add them all up and you have complete 100% stun resist without any vit, or an mvp card.

After that, I think only mages can get sun resist by using the same +5 dark bashillum, flame skull in shield, and BG set.

So really, only archers and acolytes are susceptible to scream in the slightest.

immunity is different from resist.. /no1

even if you have 100% resist.. you will be stun..

tried and tested..

Gankz

Quote from: kamikozave on May 26, 2010, 01:12 AM
Quote from: Gankz on May 12, 2010, 01:02 PM
Quote from: Mathy on May 12, 2010, 12:55 PM
Yup. Orc Hero card will make you immune to stun, while ED and Marc (Seahorse) will prevent you from freezing.
However, ED/Marc are very easy to obtain, while OH is a highly disputed MvP. So in WoE, Scream is more better [sic] than Frost Joker.
No, like I just said, you can get stun immunity without an mvp card.

For Thiefs/Merchants/Swordsman, you get a +5 dark bashillum (30% stun resist) with a stalactic golem card (30% resist), and a valk armor (50% resist). Add them all up and you have complete 100% stun resist without any vit, or an mvp card.

After that, I think only mages can get sun resist by using the same +5 dark bashillum, flame skull in shield, and BG set.

So really, only archers and acolytes are susceptible to scream in the slightest.

immunity is different from resist.. /no1

even if you have 100% resist.. you will be stun..

tried and tested..
You did it wrong then, because 100% resist means -100% resist-

Also, it seems none of you have played SE on a decent WoE server =|

kamikozave

@^

try it, then tell us the result.. /no1

currently i'm playing with a Second Edition Server for almost 2years.. /no1

by the way... you cannot be frozen or stun if you use Orc Hero card and Evil Druid or Marc Card.. /no1
thats the way to be immune to those status.

fluidin

+5dark bac w/ stac golem + valk armor on swordsman/thief/merch classes, 100% stun resist. go try it. if u are still getting stunned, it means ur server is bugged.

i will say it again, thr is no better skill in this case. both are needed for woe. wtf.

@gankz. what bs. and u have? cmon then, link me a vid of ur server's woe.

i will reiterate some of my debunking of ur previous points, btw.

I know high wizards that are pure dps, have 1 vit, and are immune to both. - flame skull+dark bac =/= pure dps.
http://ropd.info/?name=squirrel+wizard&guild=&class=&level=&l1=&l2=&sort=level&dir=asc&s=4 look at the 2nd wiz's eqs. that's more dps than ur "pure dps" wizard. no wiz going dps will do flameskull, ffs.

So really, only archers and acolytes are susceptible to scream in the slightest. -  wtf. even 80 vit valkarmor sinxs can stun if the dazzler is decent enough. i doubt u have faced alliances with more than 2 competent dazzlers. add ganban'd MS and 80vit is going to be a far cry from immunity. even 90vits find good gypsies annoying.

kamikozave

stun immunity = Total Vit of 100...

for me its better to use Frost Joke.. /no1

Relics

Quote from: kamikozave on May 26, 2010, 04:35 AM

Even if you have 1 vit, you can still be stun immune with the gears fluidin said.
So what you said was wrong, if you have 100% resist with anti stun gear, then you're stun resist.. unless the server you're playing on has things switched but officially it should work that way.

Also Stun immunity ≥ 97 vit.

kamikozave

Quote from: Relics on May 26, 2010, 04:52 AM
Quote from: kamikozave on May 26, 2010, 04:35 AM

Even if you have 1 vit, you can still be stun immune with the gears fluidin said.
So what you said was wrong, if you have 100% resist with anti stun gear, then you're stun resist.. unless the server you're playing on has things switched but officially it should work that way.

Also Stun immunity ≥ 97 vit.

of course, even if you have 1 vit.. you can be immune to stun if you equipped yourself with a Orc Hero..

on my previous post, i mentioned that Immunity is different from Resist.. /no1

i'm just saying that even if you have 100% resist.. still,its possible that you will be stun/frozen..

try it in Storm Gust.. make yourself 100% resist.. you'll find the answer.. /no1