Question About Falcon Assault

Started by jizmo, Dec 20, 2015, 05:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jizmo

Before playing the server I am currently on (iRO Gaming) a friend and I were testing builds on the RMS test server. While mucking around with this we found that Falcon Assault was affected by elemental arrows. I'm just wondering if this has always been a thing or if it is a bug on the test server? Because my friend has made it to sniper now and Falcon Assault isn't being affected by elemental arrows. I posted something on the forum and I have gotten a reply stating that Falcon Assault does NOT get affected by elemental arrows and that the test server must be bugged. Can anyone answer my question?

Triper

It doesn't in pre-renewal. Dunno about renewal.

If that's happening in the pre-renewal, my wild guess is that something is wrong in the version being used by yC since she doesn't really goes and fix bugs, she, as she implies, just puts a server rolling with some tweaks here and there that make it stable and done.

Blinzer

My guess is that the RMS test server's skill_db database entry for falcon assault has somehow been changed to take the weapon element into consideration.

Quote from: skills database// 05 element (0 - neutral, 1 - water, 2 - earth, 3 - fire, 4 - wind, 5 - poison,
//             6 - holy, 7 - dark, 8 - ghost, 9 - undead, -1 - use weapon element
//             -2 - use endowed element, -3 - use random element.)

381,5,8,1,0,0x40,0,5,1,yes,0,0,0,misc,0,      SN_FALCONASSAULT,Falcon Assault

I can only assume this 0 is a -1 or possibly a -2 if this is happening.

Triper

Or maybe a problem from rAthena? We all know that it's not perfect and yC pretty much takes them and plugs into the server without any changes besides stability.
http://forum.ratemyserver.net/rms-test-server/test-server-info-client-download-%282015-11-06%29/

Blinzer

Quote from: Triper on Dec 22, 2015, 02:05 PM
Or maybe a problem from rAthena? We all know that it's not perfect and yC pretty much takes them and plugs into the server without any changes besides stability.
http://forum.ratemyserver.net/rms-test-server/test-server-info-client-download-%282015-11-06%29/

Nah, there's nothing complicated about it. As for law 459D-W of the intergalactic federal code, all skills point to their skill database entry to know what element they are. Hard coding an element is a vicious crime which nobody has committed yet and it makes no sense to even try.

To solve this problem, you open skill_db.txt/sql, ctrl f search for 381, and change the fifth number to 0.

Triper

I'm not saying that it's hard or easy, I'm saying is that yC doesn't care about those, she only gets the files and puts them running. If there is a problem coming, it's from their side. It's a test server, nothing more.

Blinzer

Quote from: Triper on Dec 23, 2015, 09:41 AM
I'm not saying that it's hard or easy, I'm saying is that yC doesn't care about those, she only gets the files and puts them running. If there is a problem coming, it's from their side. It's a test server, nothing more.

k