Hunting at Thor?

Started by bleu, Apr 15, 2009, 06:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bleu

I hope someone can help me with my Hunter, trying to level effectively at Thor 01 - Kasa and Imps.

Current Built (includes AGI10 Bless10 Assumptio Imp. Concentration and Awakening)
Hunter 92/50 - solo

DEX 173
AGI 124

ASPD 183
FLEE 223

Damage per DS on Kasa: 4200

Gears
1. Jakk Garment
2. Pasana Armor

Problems
1. I end up dying like every 3-5 minutes.

2. When the Kasa comes too near, Clashing Spiral and I am dead. (I couldn't crit lock effectively)... they just inches closer and closer.
- What element is Clashing Spiral?
- Can you Flee Clashing Spiral?

3. I don't think the issue is the gears/build, more about the technique/strategy to level effectively and not dying too often. I do try to fly wing from Salamandars and Guardians. "I try"  /ok

4. It can be expensive - is Awakening really necessary?

5. And assumptio doesn't last very long, then I get lazy to Bwing. And continue at Thor. Should I have a Buffing center at Thor instead? How do you guys do it?

[youtube=425,350]ysRjl_OJ39c[/youtube]
How do they do it?

fluidin

OK, I was a part of the Hunters at Legacy lvling in Thor, once.

We don't care about dying and excessive winging (both fly and butterfly) in fact.

How do we do it? If you're low level, DS a few times then fwing if you're alone. If not, fwing till you reach a large group, then gang on a Kasa together. Since there's so many people ganging on one Kasa, it is sure to get hitlocked. If you're high level, DS till it is in range to bestow fatal damage on you. Then fwing.

Let me tell you this, it is OK to DS ANY KASA. I repeat, any Kasa, for any number of times, before you flywing. Why? Because in a large server like Legacy, since there are so many people DS+winging around, even if everyone only DS'es a Kasa a few times before winging, it is still bound to die soon due to the extremely large amount of lvlers.

Dying every 3-5 minutes is fine. If you're at a high level and care about the exp loss, just bwing, rebuff, warp back ASAP.

What you really need is, LOTS of flywings and bwings, and a buffer at your saved point + a good weapon. That's all, really. It IS very efficient. Much faster leveling than if you were trying too hard to keep yourself alive. Remember, DSx???, fwing, DSx???, fwing, rinse and repeat till your SP runs out. Then bwing, rebuff, click on the healer, warp back ASAP, and repeat the cycle again.
Quote from: Jeon on Jun 04, 2009, 12:02 PM
XileRo is the only HR I know that has a reasonable PvP system. I did watch the RWC like you said, all I see is people spamming the room like every other gang fight there is in RO.

Dt2k

try get a 4x carded weapon <3

In the tomorrow without promises, I swear I'll definitely return to the place where you're standing. A drop of the planet's hope from ending land, the far side of the sky and the distant water surface become a secret offering. - Genesis " ff7

LiteX

Quote from: Dt2k on Apr 15, 2009, 10:42 PM

+10 Quadruple Liberation Composite Bow + Aqua Arrow + All that dex is sure to do some massive damage in Kasas, but i think he already has one or it is too expensive for him...
ライテ‐エクス

Aozora

Actually AKAKVadonVadon bow would yield the best damage output of about 210%. While quad liberation would yield 200%.

Then it's really pretty straightforward, as fluidin explained you jsut DSDSDSDSSD and wing away when they get too close. Spiral is the only thing Kasas have wiht  a cast time so as soon as you see that green bar on top of their heads wing immediatily to avoid the damage. Secondly try to position yourself as far away from the kasa as possible, now when you DS spam it as fast as you can and you'll get quite a few hits on it before you wing away.

With 183 ASPD you should be fast enoough to almost lock them with DS jsut spam it as fast as you can DS  speed mainly depends on your ASPD so yes awakes are kinda neded in order to hitlock them well. Now make sure you have a lot of SP regen items if you're gonna spam DS, since your SP will go down fast due to the amount of skill spammage you're doing.

blackgh05t

Fly wing whenever you see the Kasa cast while flashing weird colors.  Clashing Spiral is a b**** all around. 

Try using a Fire Resist Potion to take off a little more fire damage.  I would say Assumptio is not necessary, especially if you never let them get near you.
eos
Est. 2008

Infection

Quote from: LiteX on Apr 16, 2009, 04:15 AM
Quote from: Dt2k on Apr 15, 2009, 10:42 PM

+10 Quadruple Liberation Composite Bow + Aqua Arrow + All that dex is sure to do some massive damage in Kasas, but i think he already has one or it is too expensive for him...
This ignorance in this post..

I'm more then positive they don't have 4 Abysmal Knight cards. Plus, people use peco egg card on Legacy, or atleast they did back when I played.

Edit: Btw, I suggest quitting Legacy RO, if you play it.. And if it even still exists that is..

That server has wiped so many times, and they try and convince you that they back up their server files up.. Yet every time it got hacked, there was still a wipe. LOL?
sup.

Omi

if you're dying at thor with all those buffs at 92 so frequently, just stick to hill winds.  Unless you're getting surprised buttsecked by bow guardians that is.

thor leveling is easy.  Pasana Armor, Jakk Armor, Double Peco Peco Egg Double Vadon Comp bow, frozen arrows / oridecon arrows + water endow -> easy 4k - 6k DS

you need awakening, and you don't need to fwing as soon as they get near you.  IIRC charge arrow / phantasm arrow works on them, and if not, you just normal attack them.  182 ASPD is all you need to hitlock a kasa.

keep your characters at the entrance to thor volcano, so when your buffs run out, you go back.  Or do what I did, priest at alde in, bwing, heal, buff, return.  that is, if you can't invest in sp healing items

How do we do it? If you're low level, DS a few times then fwing if you're alone. If not, fwing till you reach a large group, then gang on a Kasa together. Since there's so many people ganging on one Kasa, it is sure to get hitlocked. If you're high level, DS till it is in range to bestow fatal damage on you. Then fwing.

no legacyRO was just full of the worst players.  If you need more than one hunter to kill a kasa, get out, go to hill winds.  it's people like you who made leveling on legacyRO that bad back then, since if I would mob kasa on my sniper, 20 people would ds one kasa with 900 damage a hit or so (lol). 

Quote2. When the Kasa comes too near, Clashing Spiral and I am dead. (I couldn't crit lock effectively)... they just inches closer and closer.
- What element is Clashing Spiral?
- Can you Flee Clashing Spiral?

element is neutral, you can't flee it.  if you don't want to die in one hit, invest in a raydric, 2x alligator cards and penomena card for switching.  it works wonders

on a final note, don't listen to fluidin, he couldn't thor effectively back on legacy ;(

fluidin

? He's a level 92 hunter, if he's dying so often, that's how he does it, until he can solo one himself.

I got my Gypsy to 96 in less than 2 weeks, and that Gypsy was my first character on Legacy. I didn't even play everyday for extended periods of time. I also did a lot of DS-ing in Gonryun for more moolah. My Dancer --> RB was all done there, in fact, since it was good money and resources.

About the player mobs, you can't really avoid them totally, at least back when I played. One minute you're soloing one, the next people who just winged next to you will be DS-ing your prey too. I participated in v1 or v2 if I'm not wrong. There were just so many players leveling there. And it's still faster than hill winds, mind. I did both, I obviously know. Those people doing 900 dmg? They are just low levels looking to rapidly level. Learn to deal with it.

Kasas are minibosses and cannot be pushed back. Dear 'sir', if you don't understand the circumstances under which I'm leveling in, I propose you don't spew rubbish about me. 'Thor'ing effectively under optimal conditions and leveling fast (with regards to the conditions of Legacy) are 2 very different things, in case you haven't noticed. Even though it isn't optimal, it IS still faster than Hill Winds.

Anyway, the 182 ASPD hitlocking is correct. You might need your bird to fly relatively often though.
Quote from: Jeon on Jun 04, 2009, 12:02 PM
XileRo is the only HR I know that has a reasonable PvP system. I did watch the RWC like you said, all I see is people spamming the room like every other gang fight there is in RO.

RikusHawtSecks

On the last server I was on, I leveled my hunter from like 70 and up at Thor. It's build was max dex, high agi, some int.

I'd save it at the inn and duel client my high priest-- just buff and warp the hunter to Thor. I also used ice endow (endower at the inn with the HP too) with a +7 Orc Archer Bow. I'd keep a few blue pots just in case and just teleported, made sure I found a monster alone, and DS'd it's face off before teleporting again. If a second monster came to attack me, I'd just teleport and leave it for others to kill. If there were bow masters, sword masters, or byorgues I wouldn't even bother. I avoided salamanders for the most part but if I did decide to kill hem I would set a line of ankle snares and spam DS on it. I'd keep up teleporting and killing until a) I ran out of sp b) I had very low hp. From there, I'd rest at the inn an buff and warp myself again.

Yeah, that's about it.